Is it NRL or rugby union for footy fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, I must be waaaayyy in the minority here....

IMO League shits over union. I find union so boring.......there was a game here a couple of weeks ago involving the Brumbies and not one of the teams scored a try!

League is easily my second sport behind Aussie Rules. Go the Chooks.

NRL is big in all the dumb suburbs.

I prefer league - much simpler and easier to understand. Seems to have more rhythm about it.

Union is frustrating to watch as there are so many penalties plucked from nowhere and time is wasted while players line up a kick at goal, pack a scrum or set up a line-out.

Seeing a scrum packed over and over cos it collapses or rotates is one of the most infuriating things on earth.

League people like Fatty, Sterlo, Johns boys and Paul Harrogon have more personality in their little fingers than Gordon Bray, Budda Handy, Peter Fitzsimmon, John Eels, Nick Far Jones etc.

Anyone want to take a stab where BIG FAT BOB lives? ;)

I prefer Union. It's a much more complex game which is more free flowing and rewards momentum and intensity.

League has some really illogical rules. The 5 tackle count etc, If a team is good enough to maintain possession, they shouldn't have to turn the ball over at some arbitrary tackle count.

There is something about League that just feels really watered down for the drunken spectator.

Out of the two Union is a much better to watch and also more international that thugby!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

enb07502x_onion.jpg

I occasionally watch the Super 14s on Fox Sports and it compares favourably to NRL games I've watched - but where would league fans rate the NRL comp on a worldwide scale? Is the English League better in standard?

enb07502x_onion.jpg

I occasionally watch the Super 14s on Fox Sports and it compares favourably to NRL games I've watched - but where would league fans rate the NRL comp on a worldwide scale? Is the English League better in standard?
The NRL is far superior than the ESL, but the due to exchange rates, the ESL pays far more. One ESL game recently had 12 Aus/NZ born players, where it's rare for good English players to come to Australia.

Over the past 15 years Union has progressively morphed into a League mark 2. Flat defence, no room or No.10, etc etc. League is more intense adn combative and though I used to dislike it I now watch it now and again. No point bagging other cultures. its an OK game.

Union only useful for international games to give a bit of interest but the game itself is dull.

Crusaders is one of the coolest names going around I reckon.

If you ever want to purge have a look at some of these ridiculous names

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Rugby_Championship#Teams

I pray that when a new team is allowed into the AFL they at least have a good, traditional Aussie sounding name (Something like Dingos or Blue toungues, even sharks). These new age names such as Glory, Reds, Spirit, Victory etc are embarrassing garbage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it NRL or rugby union for footy fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back