Is it NRL or rugby union for footy fans

Remove this Banner Ad

As soon as the word NRL is mentioned you are in here quicker than light.

Insecure are we?

that's actually funny coming from the repetitive NRL basher who just can't stand that it will never take over or get more coverage where he lives.

you keep up the fight FRA and you'll still be fighting the losing battle when you die.

me, well I'll continue to enjoy league and AFL and celebrate the joy of being open and not a bitter fool and watching both games with pleasure.

Can someone do a poll???. I suspect where the most AFL fans are - Victoria - they would take more interest in League, since we have a team here and can recognise league personalities more like Fatty, Andrew Johns, Reg Reagan.

I can't stand the whole private school attitude of Union. The only player i've ever took note of in Union was Matt Rogers, and look where he is now.

The whole culture of League absolutely shits on Union.

League >>> Union

that's actually funny coming from the repetitive NRL basher who just can't stand that it will never take over or get more coverage where he lives.

you keep up the fight FRA and you'll still be fighting the losing battle when you die.

me, well I'll continue to enjoy league and AFL and celebrate the joy of being open and not a bitter fool and watching both games with pleasure.

But this isn't an NRL bashing thread. It's merely a snapshot of footy fans' preferences of the two codes. I'd say rugby union is well in front would you?

Can someone do a poll???. I suspect where the most AFL fans are - Victoria - they would take more interest in League, since we have a team here and can recognise league personalities more like Fatty, Andrew Johns, Reg Reagan.

I can't stand the whole private school attitude of Union. The only player i've ever took note of in Union was Matt Rogers, and look where he is now.

The whole culture of League absolutely shits on Union.

League >>> Union

There were 125,000 seats available for sale at the two NRL games today.

Only 19,000 of those seats were taken on a fine Sydney day.

To be fair one of the games was last placed vs an out of sydney team on mothers day.

Still shit crowds and we continually have shit crowds. Part of the problem is the absolutely ****ed admin of the game. We have a game half owned by News Lmtd so do you think they want people going to the games or they want people subscribing to pay TV?
Easy answer there einstein

To be fair one of the games was last placed vs an out of sydney team on mothers day.

Still shit crowds and we continually have shit crowds. Part of the problem is the absolutely ****ed admin of the game. We have a game half owned by News Lmtd so do you think they want people going to the games or they want people subscribing to pay TV?
Easy answer there einstein

Shit crowds and I feel people need to know about it.

The AFL needs to muscle in more on the Sydney media and ram home the fact that real interest in NRL is a lot lower than the media makes out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Union for me, but both codes are pretty good.
It is a shame that the crowds for both union and league are full of tossers. League crowds are full of deadshit rednecks and union crowds are full of pretentious pissheads.

The AFL has a more family atmosphere which is great, but watching "Umpire Rules Football" brings tears to my eyes these days. Nothing like the game I fell in love with as a kid. The other codes are getting more of my attention these days, even though I live in AFL mad Melbourne.

Can't wait for the Melbourne Rebels debut season. I know it is a hole, but they should easily pack out Olympic Park and hopefully help push for a Super 14 side.

Union for me, but both codes are pretty good.
It is a shame that the crowds for both union and league are full of tossers. League crowds are full of deadshit rednecks and union crowds are full of pretentious pissheads.

The AFL has a more family atmosphere which is great, but watching "Umpire Rules Football" brings tears to my eyes these days. Nothing like the game I fell in love with as a kid. The other codes are getting more of my attention these days, even though I live in AFL mad Melbourne.

Can't wait for the Melbourne Rebels debut season. I know it is a hole, but they should easily pack out Olympic Park and hopefully help push for a Super 14 side.

Are you calling me a deadshit redneck?:thumbsdown:

Are you calling me a deadshit redneck?:thumbsdown:

I don't know you, but obviously it is a generalisation. There are idiots in AFL crowds too, just not as many of them. Take a trip down to the graveyard and see the Storm play and you'll see what I mean. Most of what goes in and comes out is absolute scum.

I don't know you, but obviously it is a generalisation. There are idiots in AFL crowds too, just not as many of them. Take a trip down to the graveyard and see the Storm play and you'll see what I mean. Most of what goes in and comes out is absolute scum.

I'm from Sydney mate. Haven't had the chance to go to Melbourne for a Storm game yet. Most league supporters up here as good blokes and it has that tough atmosphere. But real men like me put up with that:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it NRL or rugby union for footy fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back