Is it NRL or rugby union for footy fans

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of those tackles are performed in tandem with at least one other person? The major difference is that in Loigue, the people are running at you, in Footy, they're actually trying to avoid you. Go figure, genius.

And in Rah Rah they kick Penalty goals:

Super 14 Semi Final
Bulls 27 (Tries 0, Penalty Goals 8, Field Goals 1)
Crusaders 12 (Tries 0, Penalty Goals 4, Field Goals 0)

Riveting stuff.

this is funny, trying to discredit 30-40 tackles a game. Any idea how much work would be involved in that?

When it come to tackling league>AFL, simply because you can tackle properly, none of the in the back rules, the leg rules etc.
The fitness in league is different to AFL but it certainly is needed. Running 10m up then back up back all day gets very tiring, along with the obvious support play, the tackling etc.

I enjoy both games, but i'm not gunna let one of my favourite sports just get dragged through the mud.
if this works maybe you'll see some of the skill involved with league.

[youtube]7tHsJ0zgw6Y[/youtube]

wasn't this thread about which rugby code footy fans preferred....if any?

but i'll play along........

competitive wise, the nrl is every bit as exciting as the afl. the nrl don't get the same crowds, but its a bloody headache trying to put your tips in on a friday arvo.

the great thing to envy about rugby league (its not nrl in this case) is the state of origin. they've taken an australian rules concept and turned it into one of the greatest, media(News Ltd)-driven, manufactured rivalries in world sport.

QLD 38 - NSW 37 - 2 draws - 6pts between them in 77 matches.

yawnion is just that........that bloody crap is tripe and i can't believe any footy follower would enjoy it. if you want to see 5'3" 120kg fatties hunched over with their hands on their hips for half a match, well that's your game. the rugby world cup is just as competitive as cricket, and even their top grade internationals are a joke. wales are bringing out a 2nd string side for the test, and the wallabies are resting key players too.

spare me "the game they play in heaven" sh1t.

Fixed!

News bought into the game in mid 90's, whilst origin has being going since 1980

Later

Exactly right mate, 97 was the SL war so I would say that New Ltd didn't have a part in much up until then. Also I would like to add that New Ltd wanted to change Origin to involve New Zealand and it was a massive flop. So they really play no part in creating what a great spectacle it now is

they've taken an australian rules concept and turned it into one of the greatest, media(News Ltd)-driven, manufactured rivalries in world sport

By contrast, which 'rivalries' in the AFL would not be defined as 'manufactured' or 'media driven'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laughable to think the origin rivalry is manufactured, always been hatred between the two rival sides. There are certainly some manufactured rivalries in league but if you want to have a shot at one please not origin :)

Sydney Swans vs West Coast Eagles for starters .

Rivalry driven by pure competition excellence .

:thumbsu:

For nearly 20 years these two clubs wouldn't have known the other existed, let alone had any 'feelings' for each other.

Now suddenly both sets of supporters have the hide to start banging on about 'rivalry'.

Bit rich IMO.

No misquote, Dogshit.

And the trolls have arrived, led by Le Kock, biting, swallowing fast and hard as ever....

Yes it was you clown. You clearly quoted another poster but then added my name to it to try and win an argument. That would have to be the saddest thing I have ever seen on a forum.

By the way, Sebastion is the gayest name ever thought up

Yes it was you clown. You clearly quoted another poster but then added my name to it to try and win an argument. That would have to be the saddest thing I have ever seen on a forum.

Hey, Mickdip Dogshit, if you had any brain cells trying to form relationships in that seriously dense head of yours, you would have realised the "Later ;)" example I quoted from your fellow bum sniff-lover was to show you that mine was reciprocated. Geddit?

Mickdog said:
By the way, Sebastion is the gayest name ever thought up

How old are you? 7? And who's nic is Sebastion?

And I'm guessing with a nic like yours, you have a thing for dog's vaginas :D

Hey, Mickdip Dogshit, if you had any brain cells trying to form relationships in that seriously dense head of yours, you would have realised the "Later ;)" example I quoted from your fellow bum sniff-lover was to show you that mine was reciprocated. Geddit?

How old are you? 7? And who's nic is Sebastion?

And I'm guessing with a nic like yours, you have a thing for dog's vaginas :D

Bitch's vaginas, even....

Sydney Swans vs West Coast Eagles for starters .

Rivalry driven by pure competition excellence .

:thumbsu:

it won't last............it's confied to the current teams, and there's nothing else that ties the clubs or cities together.

60,000 people were chanting 'boring, boring' at stadium australia in rd 1 this year when WC were putting on a clinic, and the mexican wave appeared more interesting to sydney supporters leading into halftime. only reason they were there was because of teh 'media' hype in the lead-up to the game. they had no understanding of the football. great rivalry there.

besides, handouts and concessions to make a team competitive (in the case of sydney) is not in the spirit of competition.

i prefer australian rules football as a sport, but rugby league's state of origin is the greatest sporting rivalry in this country. no doubts about it.

Queenslanders have always despised NSW from a rugby league viewpoint..............state football representation used to be based on the competition you played in, and several good queenslanders always played in sydney which meant they represented NSW.

the queensland representatives and the public accepted origin football from the start. it was serious for them..........and nsw realised this when QLD captain Arthur Beetson walloped his club team mate Mick Cronin in the inaugural match.

since 1980: QLD 38 - NSW 37 - 6pts between the 2 states in 27 years of competition. RIVALRY!

it won't last............it's confied to the current teams, and there's nothing else that ties the clubs or cities together.

60,000 people were chanting 'boring, boring' at stadium australia in rd 1 this year when WC were putting on a clinic, and the mexican wave appeared more interesting to sydney supporters leading into halftime. only reason they were there was because of teh 'media' hype in the lead-up to the game. they had no understanding of the football. great rivalry there.

besides, handouts and concessions to make a team competitive (in the case of sydney) is not in the spirit of competition.

i prefer australian rules football as a sport, but rugby league's state of origin is the greatest sporting rivalry in this country. no doubts about it.

Queenslanders have always despised NSW from a rugby league viewpoint..............state football representation used to be based on the competition you played in, and several good queenslanders always played in sydney which meant they represented NSW.

the queensland representatives and the public accepted origin football from the start. it was serious for them..........and nsw realised this when QLD captain Arthur Beetson walloped his club team mate Mick Cronin in the inaugural match.

since 1980: QLD 38 - NSW 37 - 6pts between the 2 states in 27 years of competition. RIVALRY!

Yep, it's great rivalry. Pity the sport itself is such a pile of donkey faesces...:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it NRL or rugby union for footy fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back