Is it time for Dimma to go.

• Yes

Votes: 97 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 126 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, we haven’t met.
Mate, they can kick, mark, handball and run, it’s just when they are very young and inexperienced they can lack poise and make mistakes. And the more experienced players can drop confidence when their usual soldier mates are not by their side.
It happens, it’s elite sport, an uncompromising, brutal business where if you’re off by 5% you can look inept.
But it can change quickly.
Hi, we haven’t met.
Mate, they can kick, mark, handball and run, it’s just when they are very young and inexperienced they can lack poise and make mistakes. And the more experienced players can drop confidence when their usual soldier mates are not by their side.
It happens, it’s elite sport, an uncompromising, brutal business where if you’re off by 5% you can look inept.
But it can change quickly.
fair point

Don't buy that s**t champ.

11 posts in total and 7 in the past 2 days? Prior to that 2015 was the last time you posted.
Just admit your a troll account and move on.
Well I’m telling you how it is Bud. I normally just read what people’s thoughts are. Than I thought I’d give you my two bob

I'm 29 years your senior and remember this stupid thing happen at the end of 1976 when certain people thought Hafey had run his race after delivering 4 premierships in 10 years.

FFS, oh how I wish Tommy had control of that 1980 premiership team!!! It wouldn't have been our last for 37 years.

Whilst he was a wonderful coach and a great person Tommy never coached another Premiership after leaving Richmond. Time moves on for everyone.

My concern on Dimma is that he is going to have to rebuild/remake the team for 2024. I have serious doubts he would go on beyond his current contract leaving a new coach for 2025 to rebuild/remake the team again. Two rebuilds in 2 seasons sounds terribly messy.
Everything has a lifecycle, Dimma’s at Richmond has come to end of his.
That said, he will be the greatest Richmond coach in my lifetime and will get a statue or something equally significant in his honour at Punt Rd.

My concern on Dimma is that he is going to have to rebuild/remake the team for 2024. I have serious doubts he would go on beyond his current contract leaving a new coach for 2025 to rebuild/remake the team again. Two rebuilds in 2 seasons sounds terribly messy.
That said, he will be the greatest Richmond coach in my lifetime and will get a statue or something equally significant in his honour at Punt Rd.
Maybe tell us how 2 rebuilds in 2 season happens ?

There is nothing Dimma does that effects a list rebuild he is the coach and not the list manager and absolutely nothing changes if Dimma is coach or another coach is appointed.

Our hand is open and its very oblivious on how this supposed rebuild looks
Castagna , Cotchin , Tarrant , Jack and maybe 1-2 junior players get delisted and new players get drafted and get games into kids

We gain absolutely nothing by moving Dimma on end of this year and if he was to leave at the end of 24' then atleast the new coach has a fresh start with no older players remaining apart from 3-4 and another 12 months into development of all the younger players under 23

Nothing to gain by a freshly gutted list for a new coach plus there are no assistants that are jumping out of the box that i can see

The cracks aren’t too pretty, are they, now they’re stretching into a third season?
I can see it the old firm return in his final year show him a new game plan we win flag and he gets extended by another ten years of faking COACHING.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before any decision about Hardwick can be made, we need a thorough independent football dept review, to identify where the issues lie and how to rectify them.

Is it the fitness dept. The list management. The coaching. Player development. Are they all working in sync, or does one hand not know what the other is doing.

Hopefully now that the AFL CEO fiasco is over, Benny can get stuck into our next 5 year 3 flag plan ;)

What’s with the ‘you guys’ and ‘you people’? Aren’t you one of us too or do you actually follow another side (probably Geelong) as I’ve suspected for a while?

For you to be taking pleasure in our losses just makes me sick and I don’t believe a true Richmond supporter would be saying the things you are.
He’s Peter Sassegum

Surely Leppa would be the answer, if and when we move on Hardwick. I would be all for Leppa Senior coach and Grigg assistant.
Leopa when he pulled the pin said he was taking a break from footy, no sooner than he said that , he joined McRae at the scum, we couldn’t pay him because Dimma got a vastly upgraded contract , which was the majority of our soft cap, that’s why we can’t keep and hire quality assistants, think back to 2016 he was paid accordingly, but after the success we got spooked about losing him and gave him the keys to the FTF, the club erred and cost us quality in the coaching team, not only quality but numbers as well.

why have other clubs got a plethora of assistants and we can’t get enough?

it’s all about money

does Hawthorn scenario ring a bell?

Leopa when he pulled the pin said he was taking a break from footy, no sooner than he said that , he joined McRae at the scum, we couldn’t pay him because Dimma got a vastly upgraded contract , which was the majority of our soft cap, that’s why we can’t keep and hire quality assistants, think back to 2016 he was paid accordingly, but after the success we got spooked about losing him and gave him the keys to the FTF, the club erred and cost us quality in the coaching team, not only quality but numbers as well.

it’s all about money

We've got one of if not the most coaches in the land actually

Might have to many trying to sabotage dimma

Not a lot in this…but watching the VFL on the weekend the whole Gold Coast coaching staff were there watching at the ground.

Also at quarter time and three quarter time of the senior game, all the Gold Coast coaches grouped together out on the ground to converse before splitting into their respective lines.

Watched our coaching staff just go to their groups without meeting or chatting together. Could very easily be doing it up in the box before coming down…

Obviously this isn’t something I can say with any knowledge of the situation and it’s only an observation…but the gold coast coaching staff looked to be much more involved with each other on the weekend the what I could see from ours.

I can’t see a world where hardwick doesn’t come under some form or pressure to keep his job if we miss the 8.

Is he capable of re-building the bonds and relationships that he has with Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin to build the next group of leaders at the club?
I just think it’s only human to continue to relate back to previous experiences but this next group will want to create its own identity and build its own brand.

I don’t know after everything Hardwick has gone through to build this image of the “Richmond Man” whether he can do it all again.

Looking at Craig Mccrae and how he sets the table every time he speaks about Collingwood. He has built a completely new image of the club through a narrative.
This is exactly what Hardwick did in 2017 and McRae has learnt from this.

Create excitement…generate a positive image that people want to watch. This in turn creates a buzz inside the footy club.

I don’t know if Hardwick can do this again.

That’s exactly my sentiment and as I mentioned if you asked hawks or wc both would say wish they moved on sooner , the fork in the road will come this season , time to move on

I can’t see a world where hardwick doesn’t come under some form or pressure to keep his job if we miss the 8.

Is he capable of re-building the bonds and relationships that he has with Cotchin, Riewoldt and Martin to build the next group of leaders at the club?
I just think it’s only human to continue to relate back to previous experiences but this next group will want to create its own identity and build its own brand.

I don’t know after everything Hardwick has gone through to build this image of the “Richmond Man” whether he can do it all again.

Looking at Craig Mccrae and how he sets the table every time he speaks about Collingwood. He has built a completely new image of the club through a narrative.
This is exactly what Hardwick did in 2017 and McRae has learnt from this.

Create excitement…generate a positive image that people want to watch. This in turn creates a buzz inside the footy club.

I don’t know if Hardwick can do this again.
Agreed , we basically need to invest in a new era and by the week I am more certain that dimma prob not most suitable person to do that or expect more of the same

it’s all about money

Fairly simply you don’t pay a triple premiership coach peanuts , it’s highly likely Leppa is on just as much as McRae , they have split that role cleverly with part of it outside FD to help thwart poachers
I’ve never heard so much comment on assistant coaches outside of this forum , I think the genesis of that most punters were convinced dimma was no good and credited all of our flags to his asst . A very subjective topic , I’m less bullish about those that put the witches hats and tackle bags out , the bloke that leads 40 listed players is numero uno ,,,it’s why highly rated asst on BF don’t often make successful senior coaches , diff skill set

it’s all about money

That is not entirely true. You do realise how the soft cap works?
You can pay over the soft cap. You just pay cents on a $ for when you go over. It’s only really a guide and not a hard and fast cap. So using the soft cap is only an excuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Is it time for Dimma to go?

Back