Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Top 5 v Hawks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All things considered, we were 50 points down at qtr time then only got outscored by 2 goals after that. A small positive for us. 🤷
Yep…That first quarter where they kicked 9 goals in an avalanche was unacceptable…there was no fight…just capitulation

The rest of the game was fairly acceptable…Q 2 and 3 in particular

Last edited:

Over the last 24 months I have started enjoying coming in here less and less.
Some of the self righteous, whining, arrogant rubbish that goes on does my head in far more than watching the team struggle on the field.
It's just so far from fun in here now I think I'm better off staying away until we are at least a bit more competitive so there are some more reasonable discussions.
This is one of the most self righteous, whining, arrogant rubbish posts I have read in weeks ...

OUT: Shai Bolton

Enter the draft and take the best young key forward, not ruck forward but genuine mobile marking key forward with an early pick. That Shanahan kid kicked another bag (5) in the Essendon VFL. Others will know more than me but he looks very likely.
should , won't

as usual we will look to get our gun lead-up forwards from pick 70 onwards, rookie, MSD etc.

we love a 'bargain'!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fit and playing Lynch would've got us a few extra wins along the way this season.

Take him out, and it should've been obvious we'd have no avenue to goal. Which begs the question, what the heck have our list managers been doing for 5 years to plan for life after JR and Lynch? It's not like we couldn't see this coming!

Ironically, Chol would've been a great type to take over from Jack. The mobile, athletic marking forward to play in tandem with the bigger bodied Lynch.

Now we're in a position where we're playing without either, and somehow the club thought Samson Ryan, Jacob Kozschitske and Mykelti Lefau were the solution?!

Fwiw, I like Lefau and Bauer as options, but they're not really "main man" types.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk
Chol was mostly ruck depth here. He had a crack at Lynch's spot one final for a loss. Lynch & Dusty on huge money squeezed depth players out. Chol got a great offer from the Suns to play KPF, which he played well. Hawks wanted him too.

We didn't draft KPFs when we could have. I think we were talking to all the GWS KPFs last year, but they all resigned.

4 games out of Lynch KPF no 1, the last couple of years has been the killer. 2023 it didn't look good but we still won some games with Jack R.

2024 has been a revolving door. Started with Balta, Kosi, Naismith, Ryan. Saw Lynch, Lefau, and lately Bauer, Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Back