Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Top 5 v Hawks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Blight is new to AFL level footy and think he at least deserves an off season to learn what’s required. Give him a 12 month deal and tell him it’s up to him to prove his worth. As for Miller, totally agree. Not a defenders a hole based on the last month or so. Solely a back up player imo, as we can’t offload him as he’s been signed up for another 1-2 years?
Miller hopefully will be steak knives in the Baker deal

Short,miller and Graham were horrible.
Campbell is piss weak, runs around like twinkle toes and does nothing.
Hope we have a good pre season and pick the side on form and nothing else next year.

Most players that are eligible to play VFL wildcard should do so. A finals game or two would benefit the kids more than a dead rubber against the Suns. Banks, Blight, Trezise, Bauer, Kosi, Coulthard would all be eligible. Pickett and MRJ won't be unless they get permission. Shit give Fawcett a debut, who cares.

I believe as long as the AFL team is still playing, any listed player can play the wildcard

Eligibility would then kick in the week after which would give us a pretty strong team I believe, provided the club green lights them all to play

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We need a new ruckman ,no way Ryan will not make it and nank keeps doing stupid shit killed our momentum yesterday when we had a run on surely there is ruckmen from other clubs on the fringe that would be better than either of those 2

I think the only thing saving a few senior players this week is the fact the 2's have "wildcard" elimination final.

Surely last game at the club for Kmac?

Nope. 92 was our highest score. Were the only team that didn’t crack 100 points this year.

What’s worse is that we only have 4 scores above 80 points this year. Three in the 80s and 1 in the 90s.
A fit and playing Lynch would've got us a few extra wins along the way this season.

Take him out, and it should've been obvious we'd have no avenue to goal. Which begs the question, what the heck have our list managers been doing for 5 years to plan for life after JR and Lynch? It's not like we couldn't see this coming!

Ironically, Chol would've been a great type to take over from Jack. The mobile, athletic marking forward to play in tandem with the bigger bodied Lynch.

Now we're in a position where we're playing without either, and somehow the club thought Samson Ryan, Jacob Kozschitske and Mykelti Lefau were the solution?!

Fwiw, I like Lefau and Bauer as options, but they're not really "main man" types.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A fit and playing Lynch would've got us a few extra wins along the way this season.

Take him out, and it should've been obvious we'd have no avenue to goal. Which begs the question, what the heck have our list managers been doing for 5 years to plan for life after JR and Lynch? It's not like we couldn't see this coming!

Ironically, Chol would've been a great type to take over from Jack. The mobile, athletic marking forward to play in tandem with the bigger bodied Lynch.

Now we're in a position where we're playing without either, and somehow the club thought Samson Ryan, Jacob Kozschitske and Mykelti Lefau were the solution?!

Fwiw, I like Lefau and Bauer as options, but they're not really "main man" types.

Enter the draft and take the best young key forward, not ruck forward but genuine mobile marking key forward with an early pick. That Shanahan kid kicked another bag (5) in the Essendon VFL. Others will know more than me but he looks very likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great assessment.
I feel for Blight.
A decent .. yes .. decent first game seduced people, as it always does on here when we are clinging to hope and want the next big thing.
He was pretty average today, which is probbaly being nice.
Blight's turning circle is bigger than Astbury's was :D

My thoughts from going today.

Blight is miles off. I hope we don’t offer him a contract. He ran around like a headless chook, miles off his opponents, his lack of positioning made it much harder on everyone else.

Miller, is liability. Nowhere near blight levels of stupid, but he’s got no idea of what he’s doing.

We can’t mark our undies. Our lack of marking power, makes it hard for our backs to move the ball. No one offers any aerial threat so our opponents can just sag off and make our life hard.

Nankervis isn’t a ruckman arseh*le. The hawthorn Ruck fed his mids all game. Ours had to wait flat footed because the ball never got tapped to them. There is no point recruiting more midfielders if we don’t improve in the ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had high hopes for Miller. He even played very well last year and looked like he was going to make a very decent full back.
Nek minnut he has turned into Michael Laffy.

I saw one kick into the forward line where the hawthorn player had so much time that he kicked the ball over Millers head and hit Watson on the chest 2 metre behind Miller. The hawthorns mids had so much time and space and options that our defenders had no hope. Blaming Miller or Blight or Broad or Vlastin when the Hawks had 65 mainly unpressured forward entries is just rubbish. It's been like that for several weeks. Having said that I do believe that Balta back is a better option.

I agree with the jist of your post, however I remember this incident and it was pathetic defending from both Broad and Miller who were both stationed in front of the little pest Watson. They both saw that the kick was going to come, set themselves and both failed miserably. Unacceptable, in the old days both wouldve been dragged

Chol😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Still lazy, cheats out the back of contests, nothings changed. Said it to a Hawks fan at the game, he will revert to GCS form next year, bookmark it

Enter the draft and take the best young key forward, not ruck forward but genuine mobile marking key forward with an early pick. That Shanahan kid kicked another bag (5) in the Essendon VFL. Others will know more than me but he looks very likely.

I really like Armstrong, Shanahan, Faull and Sims from the vision Ive seen. We should be making sure we get 2 of them

From what I’ve seen of our games, our forwards have zero forward craft. We seem to have no concept of dragging defenders out of position or creating space. Instead, so many of our entries are nothing kicks to a cluster of five or more players, which are so easily repelled.

Not me. I just want it to start again and have another crack at it.
You’re going to love next year.
winter is coming GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Back