Think Tank Is it time to ban greyhound racing and horse racing for good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yawn.
Are you offended that people want racing animals to be banned?
Things move on and change, you're holding on to the past just like people who watch the Hey Hey it's Saturday comeback shows.
Some horses enjoy being ridden and whipped.
Stop kinkshaming them.

And stallions that identify as mares ARE mares, so they should receive the weight allowance.
Like they'd win anyway with the extra drag

Beautiful low ratings.

Australian metropolitan television viewers since 2012
YearViewersNetwork
20122.767 millionSeven Network
20132.310 millionSeven Network
20142.178 millionSeven Network
20152.130 millionSeven Network
20162.066 millionSeven Network
20171.824 millionSeven Network
20181.908 millionSeven Network
20191.441 millionNetwork 10
20201.412 millionNetwork 10
20211.213 millionNetwork 10

I’d say it’s less common in supermarkets here than kangaroo back home. I don’t recall seeing it on menus in restaurants here.

It was thin sliced fillets, broiled (but I think it was meant to be fried).
If you could only eat one AFL player, who would it be, and how would you cook them?

Beautiful low ratings.

Australian metropolitan television viewers since 2012
YearViewersNetwork
20122.767 millionSeven Network
20132.310 millionSeven Network
20142.178 millionSeven Network
20152.130 millionSeven Network
20162.066 millionSeven Network
20171.824 millionSeven Network
20181.908 millionSeven Network
20191.441 millionNetwork 10
20201.412 millionNetwork 10
20211.213 millionNetwork 10

Oh dear. Fat boy doing the stats thing.

How many people actually watched live by the multiple methods now available, without being forced into FTA or watch after it's finished?

I'm not very much interested in racing, but everyone I know who is watches it on subscription, for more than one day a year.

Last edited:

How many people actually watched by the multiple methods available, without being forced into FTA or watch after it's finished?

I'm not very much interested in racing, but everyone I know who is watches it on subscription, for more than one day a year.

Doesn't account for shedding 200K on last year alone. There was even a lockdown on at the time.

The combined figure with other avenues is still just 1.8. Unfortunately for you they have stats on all of it.

Doesn't account for shedding 200K on last year alone. There was even a lockdown on at the time.

The combined figure with other avenues is still just 1.8. Unfortunately for you they have stats on all of it.

Everybody likes they.

Oh. And bullshit.

WOTAsurprize.

Try misrepresenting the numbers, then make them up.

Nothing new to see here folks.

Everybody likes they.

Oh. And bullshit.

WOTAsurprize.

Sounds like you have nothing.

The Cup isn't about subscription racing nerds, it claimed to have widespread appeal. That's what mainstream TV can measure, and the numbers are in free-fall. It's good to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you could only eat one AFL player, who would it be, and how would you cook them?

I read a book a few years ago about a crazy lady from Newcastle (Australia) who killed her defacto, skinned him then served him to his adult kids. Ugh

There’s an episode on the Casefile podcast that deals with that story. One sick woman.

Yeah apparently Channel 7 ran an episode about her in on of their Worst Criminals series a year or two ago, I couldn't stomach myself to watch it. The book was disturbing enough.

Greyhound racing in the past was a great way of keeping possums out of your roof spaces.
As a kid got paid per possum from local trainers, everyones a winner.
As an adult having them in my own roof space my water bill goes up every time I trap one. [I wash them and set them free]

I think this question deserves its own thread, but to answer you I’d prepare Stewart Dew’s thigh in the brisket style and make sausages with the outer off-cuts of flesh and fat. Then wash down with a cheap blended Irish or scotch whiskey.

Everybody likes they.

Oh. And bullshit.

WOTAsurprize.

The Cup doesn't stop the nation anymore, in fact school kids aren't allowed to watch it as it promotes gambling.
You need to face the facts that horseracing stinks and the only people who want it are addicted gamblers, racing industry people, Gerard Whately and some sections of the media who gain to benefit.
People don't want to see horses ,with too much muscle for their skeleton, getting shot on the track anymore. Can'y you understand that Limpraig?
The Cup is on the nose .
Horse racing is full of drug cheats ,crooks, inbred animals, scammers and animal haters.

Why are you getting so angry that you are using personal insults against Lethality?? I know you boomers are against them, but maybe you need a safe space where you can go and nobody can criticise the things you like, like animal abuse, and you wont have to get so offended by other people's beliefs there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Is it time to ban greyhound racing and horse racing for good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back