Is Neil Craig the mumbling cancer that is destroying the Crows from within?

Remove this Banner Ad

Humiliating yourself in a Grand Final by 119 points and giving up on a season in round 13 is all part of the creed. Hopefully this 'creed' thing works out better than their laughable 'revolution'. :D

So the Port Adelaide Magpies had nothing to do with the Creed?:eek:
OMG - deluded ....you are completely deluded!:D

You got all them little numbers proclaiming history and tradition but won't credit something all you lot consider "sacred" - though God only knows why - to it's rightful owner? Hijacking bastards the lot of you!:p
Try and keep up.

The Creed was written by legendary PAFC coach Fos Williams in 1962. In 1994 the PAFC was successful in getting a licence to field a team in the AFL. In 1997 the PAFC transferred from the SANFL to the AFL. The Creed is an integral part of the heritage of the PAFC. As such the PAFC is the "rightful owner" of the Creed.

When making claims about being "deluded" look at yourself and your refusal to acknowledge what both the SANFL and the AFL acknowledge, which is that the PAFC which currently fields a team in the AFL has a continuous history going back to 1870. :cool:

(You may think it's somehow clever to try and disparage the history of the PAFC but you need to realise that every time you do it provides an opportunity for someone like myself to set out the facts for interested people who may not know them to read. IMO you're a bit of a goose and there'd be no point responding to you alone but the fact that others will read this makes it worthwhile).

Try and keep up.

The Creed was written by legendary PAFC coach Fos Williams in 1962. In 1994 the PAFC was successful in getting a licence to field a team in the AFL. In 1997 the PAFC transferred from the SANFL to the AFL. The Creed is an integral part of the heritage of the PAFC. As such the PAFC is the "rightful owner" of the Creed.

When making claims about being "deluded" look at yourself and your refusal to acknowledge what both the SANFL and the AFL acknowledge, which is that the PAFC which currently fields a team in the AFL has a continuous history going back to 1870. :cool:

(You may think it's somehow clever to try and disparage the history of the PAFC but you need to realise that every time you do it provides an opportunity for someone like myself to set out the facts for interested people who may not know them to read. IMO you're a bit of a goose and there'd be no point responding to you alone but the fact that others will read this makes it worthwhile).

No - it belonged to Port Magpies - not Port Powa - Powa weren't around in 1962....neither was teal....neither was "History in the Making " song.....of that I am sure!:D

You'll have to do better than that. It's not only me - the only people that acknowledge your stock standard responses are other Port try hards.

Why don't you just go all the way with this and "Bring Back Jack".....better than the Derro you got now. I can just imagine him scrounging around for something / anything to get your supporters back ...this Creed thing is the best they could do?

Try and keep up.

I understand the "transfer" to the AFL

But what about guys like Ginever Delaney Fiacci Northeast and Rohan Smith. 1996 won an SANFL flag, then booted out of "their" club so some Norwood or North Adeliade bums can play for the PAFC. A club who's traditions they upheld proudly....

But what about guys like Ginever Delaney Fiacci Northeast and Rohan Smith. 1996 won an SANFL flag, then booted out of "their" club so some Norwood or North Adeliade bums can play for the PAFC. A club who's traditions they upheld proudly....

Good point.

If I recall correctly you're a Port supporter in the SANFL? If so it's good that you acknowledge that the original club moved to the AFL.

With regard to guys like Ginever, Delaney, Fiacci etc I agree that it must have hurt having been part of the successful sides that won multiple flags and made the case for the club's move to the national comp that much stronger.

This is something that was written about quite movingly by Bruce Abernethy in his book From Port to a Power. What makes it sadder is that had the club moved across a couple of years earlier when the licence was originally granted many of these guys would have been young enough to make the AFL squad. By 1997 they were in the twilight of their careers.

One has to look at it in the same light as the list renewal and delistings that take place each year. It's not as if Port didn't recruit outsiders into the team during the SANFL days. Take for instance Dexter Kennedy who played for West Adelaide before finishing his career at Port.

No - it belonged to Port Magpies - not Port Powa - Powa weren't around in 1962....neither was teal....neither was "History in the Making " song.....of that I am sure!:D

You'll have to do better than that. It's not only me - the only people that acknowledge your stock standard responses are other Port try hards.

Why don't you just go all the way with this and "Bring Back Jack".....better than the Derro you got now. I can just imagine him scrounging around for something / anything to get your supporters back ...this Creed thing is the best they could do?

Nice try.

The Port Adelaide Football Club goes back even further than the black and white Magpies. In 1870, there was no black and white, there were no Magpies, there were no prison bars. Did Port Adelaide become a brand new club in 1902?

Nice try.

The Port Adelaide Football Club goes back even further than the black and white Magpies. In 1870, there was no black and white, there were no Magpies, there were no prison bars. Did Port Adelaide become a brand new club in 1902?

Nice try - there was no AFL then either!
This is ssssooooo boring.

Nice try - there was no AFL then either!
This is ssssooooo boring.

So which football club did the AFL and SANFL award the second SA license to in 1995?

C’mon diahatsu, show the world how ssssooooo stupid you are …. again.

Don Scott being interviewed after Hawthorns GF win.

Interviewer can't believe Scott's indifference to winning.

"Don, you're making Hawthorn beating Geelong in a Grand Final sound like you were watching Port Adelaide versus Freo on a Sunday afternoon . . ."

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

While we are quoting.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-on-top-ahead-of-time/2008/09/27/1222217592444.html

Clarkson : "We've actually tracked Geelong, St Kilda and Port Adelaide really closely as teams that have put their list together in the right type of manner and been very, very well coached, and (two of those teams) … have gone on to salute. So Geelong's one of those sides, ironically. I would still expect Geelong to continue to be a dominant side next year."

I notice Clarko did not include the Camry Football Club as one that has been “very, very well coached”. Maybe Nil Cwaig should start copying Mark Williams and Clarko and that way he might become a premiership coach too.

Then again if Cwiagy openly stated that he was gonna copy anything that Port Adelaide did the morons at Carparkland would form a rabid mob and burn him alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he would include Powa in that - he worked for them !
My point has still yet to be addressed by all the Port posters with their hair in the air about Powa/Maggies - which is - HOW will this Creed expand your supporter base?
A 40 year old scrap of paper about another team in another time - will it help fill up those TEAL seats?
BTW - if you feel that my opinion is stupid - why respond? Don't bother - I couldn't give a shit what you or Toots write - as far as I am concerned Powa is not Maggies pre 1997 - nothing you post or any links you refer to will change that - nor do I care.

Of course he would include Powa in that - he worked for them !
My point has still yet to be addressed by all the Port posters with their hair in the air about Powa/Maggies - which is - HOW will this Creed expand your supporter base?
A 40 year old scrap of paper about another team in another time - will it help fill up those TEAL seats?
BTW - if you feel that my opinion is stupid - why respond? Don't bother - I couldn't give a shit what you or Toots write - as far as I am concerned Powa is not Maggies pre 1997 - nothing you post or any links you refer to will change that - nor do I care.

Still narky and humourless there, Daihatsu ... oh yeh, and now i can add stupid.

And about the Creed - no response - again.
Maybe it is just another thing to add to the list that embarrassess you and your club.

While we are quoting.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/hawks-on-top-ahead-of-time/2008/09/27/1222217592444.html

Clarkson : "We've actually tracked Geelong, St Kilda and Port Adelaide really closely as teams that have put their list together in the right type of manner and been very, very well coached, and (two of those teams) … have gone on to salute. So Geelong's one of those sides, ironically. I would still expect Geelong to continue to be a dominant side next year."

DUH!

Clarkson talking up the Power??? What a surprise:eek:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Notice he included St. Hopelessclub in the same breath. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

AFL RECORD SEASON GUIDE 2008
page 214
CLUB FORMED: Port Adelaide FC
formed May 13, 1870; joined SANFL
1877; AFL club incorporated 1996
JOINED AFL: 1997

The rest of the world has no problem with the relatively simple concept. Even Malcolm Blight has no problem acknowledging it. It’s just a few dropkicks wearing navy, red and yellow that have trouble with it.

I wonder if Cwaigy has trouble with it. Nah, he’s too busy corroding the club from with-in.

So which football club did the AFL and SANFL award the second SA license to in 1995?...
It was 1994 actually D_One but that only serves to make your point more powerful.

Pffft Subaru either A) Runs away from this question or B) Claims it's all SANFL propaganda.

Here's the official answer from the SANFL:-

In 1994 the Port Adelaide Football Club was selected for the second AFL Licence by the SANFL and subsequently joined the AFL competition in 1997 after 127 successful years in the SANFL.​

So Subaru we await your response. :cool:

D, I take it you have read the Don Scott interview!!:D

Oh, and good on Clarko for mentioning Port. He did work there.

Read it. And it only proves that Don Scott is a bitter self-centred drama queen trying to be left field. He saved the club 12 years ago but failed to take over the committee 4 years ago. The same committee that brought them the premiership. That’s why he’s bitter. Maybe he could get together with Jana Rawlinson and see who can yell “ME” the loudest.

The Clarko model to win the premiership is exactly the same model Port employed to win theirs … and is the same model Port is currently employing.

Read it. And it only proves that Don Scott is a bitter self-centred drama queen trying to be left field. He saved the club 12 years ago but failed to take over the committee 4 years ago. The same committee that brought them the premiership. That’s why he’s bitter. Maybe he could get together with Jana Rawlinson and see who can yell “ME” the loudest.

The Clarko model to win the premiership is exactly the same model Port employed to win theirs … and is the same model Port is currently employing.

Crows: the only SA club to go back to back​

I like Clarko. Did a coaching course a few years ago and he was part of it. He is a great speaker.
Interesting that Port are currently employing the same model. So when will Port win their flag then. I dont see any future stars at Port like Hawthorns Buddy, Hodge, Roughead, Ellis, Young, Rioli, Lewis etc
IMO, it wont happen in the next 5 years.

I like Clarko. Did a coaching course a few years ago and he was part of it. He is a great speaker.
Interesting that Port are currently employing the same model. So when will Port win their flag then. I dont see any future stars at Port like Hawthorns Buddy, Hodge, Roughead, Ellis, Young, Rioli, Lewis etc
IMO, it wont happen in the next 5 years.

The model is about getting a core group of young players together and keeping them together. Play them even if you get flogged every now and then. The objective is to build a team and spend three or four years in the top four and have a decent crack at a premiership.

This differs from the Crows who without Father/Son concessions (Geelong) or salary cap concessions (Sydney) are destined to mid-table mediocrity for a long time. The Crows still vainly hope for another Bradbury.

Don Scott's South Adelaide coaching career speaks volumes more than the bloke himself.

Subaru, let me guess, you are a missionary, it would be the only position available for someone as boring as yourself.

Bernie "I don't see any future stars at Port like Hawthorns" Lomax, it would help if you opened not only your eyes, but also your mind.

The model is about getting a core group of young players together and keeping them together. Play them even if you get flogged every now and then. The objective is to build a team and spend three or four years in the top four and have a decent crack at a premiership.

This differs from the Crows who without Father/Son concessions (Geelong) or salary cap concessions (Sydney) are destined to mid-table mediocrity for a long time. The Crows still vainly hope for another Bradbury.

Neil Craig: openly antagonistic toward the Crows in the early 90s​

something you would know all about

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Neil Craig the mumbling cancer that is destroying the Crows from within?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back