Is The Mcc On Drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

kingkyle

Debutant
Feb 24, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just got around to opening the latest MCC newsletter which i naturally choose to pay a lot of money for and is my choice.

Firstly what rocket scientist decided that members must display there cards in a clear plastic cover for security reasons????Could someone out there please explain ? Hello so i buy my wife a visitors ticket every time i go who is going to work out that im visitor or a member? I notice no restirctions on displaying visitor tickets??

Secondly had to laugh boxing day took a visitor from oversesas he actually took a picture of the most exspensive salad in the world there were people staring at the most outrageous pricing in australian history!!He also could not understand why the staff apologised three times for the price of things.

Finally a 20 20 game goes for the same time as an AFL game and half the time of a One day international WHY ARE BOTH GAMES the same price maybe im mentally ******ed i just do not get this.IE $$$44 for both $29 roughly for an AFL game.Hence the enclosure will not be full simply for this horrendous biz decision. 10 or so people i know simply refuse to go on the principle of the matter!!

Time for the members to call an Extraordinary meeting the fools running the club must be outed !!! Do they have any idea of maximising revenue ??

Jacking up prices does not encourage purchasing PEOPLE JUST DONT SPEND

Just got around to opening the latest MCC newsletter which i naturally choose to pay a lot of money for and is my choice.

Firstly what rocket scientist decided that members must display there cards in a clear plastic cover for security reasons????Could someone out there please explain ? Hello so i buy my wife a visitors ticket every time i go who is going to work out that im visitor or a member? I notice no restirctions on displaying visitor tickets??

Secondly had to laugh boxing day took a visitor from oversesas he actually took a picture of the most exspensive salad in the world there were people staring at the most outrageous pricing in australian history!!He also could not understand why the staff apologised three times for the price of things.

Finally a 20 20 game goes for the same time as an AFL game and half the time of a One day international WHY ARE BOTH GAMES the same price maybe im mentally ******ed i just do not get this.IE $$$44 for both $29 roughly for an AFL game.Hence the enclosure will not be full simply for this horrendous biz decision. 10 or so people i know simply refuse to go on the principle of the matter!!

Time for the members to call an Extraordinary meeting the fools running the club must be outed !!! Do they have any idea of maximising revenue ??

I Hear you loud and clear brother - i been a mcc member for 4 yrs and i just turned 20 and the prices are that disgraceful that i just walk over to the 7-11 across the road on the corner and buy something there - unveleivable but i must admit the mcc membership is a magnificent thing to have

I found that a bit hard to read, you must have been excited or in rush to post it and forgot about punctuation lol, but i understand where you are coming from.

I'm guessing that the cucumber sandwiches are way too expensive. And, who'd pay that for hiring a pair of opera glasses.

Yes YES it must be fun to take the piss out of us MCC members BUT we'll be the ones laughing on Grand Final day, know what I mean?

CCJforlogoC2004copy.jpg
task-office-chair.jpg

I found that a bit hard to read, you must have been excited or in rush to post it and forgot about punctuation lol, but i understand where you are coming from.

Yeah please forgive my laziness and spelling LOL it is a forum after all!!!!

Point being yes there is a monopoly ie 175000 people waiting and if you do not want to pay the fee relinquish or do not join.

My point being as a paying member Gough and his cronies would not have a clue how to run a biz

Firstly $44 for a visitors ticket for 20 20 the same as a one day game which goes twice as long!!!

It will not be full i wont go on the principle of the matter neither will numerous other people i know=this equals less revenue overall !!!!

AFL is less than $30 for the same time

There is no concept of maxmising revenue if those $7.90 salads were say $5 people might buy them instead of waiting to they go home

Or a $ 8 mixed drink might be say $6 and instead of buying one you would not question the outrageous price and have a few.It may not be a matter of if i can afford it but the priniciple of the matter.

Hell maybe im stupid but turnover is the key not the margin.VOLUME GOUGH VOLUME

Gough was a failed CEO at Carlton and he must be removed the MCC has a huge debt and they are simply not gaining the most revenue they could

Hence under the rules of the club a group of us will be challenging in due course.

The days of jobs for the boys and biz incompetence will come to end.

Yes YES it must be fun to take the piss out of us MCC members BUT we'll be the ones laughing on Grand Final day, know what I mean?

CCJforlogoC2004copy.jpg
task-office-chair.jpg
Yes you must be so lucky you are not one of the tens of thousands that will have to wait decades to become a full member because of the greed of some old men who back the incompenent Gough:thumbsu:

Yeah please forgive my laziness and spelling LOL it is a forum after all!!!!

Point being yes there is a monopoly ie 175000 people waiting and if you do not want to pay the fee relinquish or do not join.

My point being as a paying member Gough and his cronies would not have a clue how to run a biz

Firstly $44 for a visitors ticket for 20 20 the same as a one day game which goes twice as long!!!

It will not be full i wont go on the principle of the matter neither will numerous other people i know=this equals less revenue overall !!!!

AFL is less than $30 for the same time

There is no concept of maxmising revenue if those $7.90 salads were say $5 people might buy them instead of waiting to they go home

Or a $ 8 mixed drink might be say $6 and instead of buying one you would not question the outrageous price and have a few.It may not be a matter of if i can afford it but the priniciple of the matter.

Hell maybe im stupid but turnover is the key not the margin.VOLUME GOUGH VOLUME

Gough was a failed CEO at Carlton and he must be removed the MCC has a huge debt and they are simply not gaining the most revenue they could

Hence under the rules of the club a group of us will be challenging in due course.

The days of jobs for the boys and biz incompetence will come to end.

I haven't been inot the MCC members for a few years now but i used to go quite often and recall that the price for beer and spirits were the same as bar prices. It seemed to be one of the benefits of being a member as you could go to the footy and not pay the over the top beer prices that they charge in the outer. When did things change?

Could someone please humour us non-MCC plebs with some examples of the pricing?

spent the day in the bullring on day 3 of the test, it got to 5.30pm and i needed food - bought one of those crusty, tasteless brick burgers and a coke - $14!!

Never again.

How much did you drop in the bullring?

Just a liitle thing didnt they drop schooners mid season for easier serving and replace them with Pints?

Yes they did !!! Why four months later and many AFL games later do they still have on the menu board schooners ????

MMMM if that was my BIZ !!! Gough must go!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, this might be the wrong place to ask but i figure you guys will probably be more help to me than the customer care that wrote back to me. I recently got my restricted membership, and am thinking about flying over for anzac day next year, will I be able to obtain a visitors pass for the match?, or are they difficult to get a hold of, thanks

The real tradegy is you now have to line up to get in the Frank Grey Smith. FFS it's not a nightclub & those blazers are worse than bouncers at the Motel...

agree, those guys on the door are absolute nazis

I pay my subs so I am allowed to have a whinge, but I think it is absolutely stupid that we have to display our cards at all times. What is the point? They are all photo ID cards anyway, so nobody can use your card.

The MCC are run by old farts and incompetent morons.

I agree that the pricing is a bit crazy but I can understand why the pricing of the 20/20 is more than a footy game.

1. How many footy games will be at the G this year compared to 20/20???

2. What percentage of people in the state/country barrack for the 2 teams that play a game of footy at the G compared to the percentage that will barrack for Australia in the 20/20.

Basically demand for this novelty game will probably be quite high especially if India continues with their form and this rivalry thing. So the MCC can be semi-justified in believing they'll get people to pay what they're asking.

ps: Bought some tickets for the 20/20 on Friday and paid $30 reserved (pretty decent seats too)...
pps: Apparently close to a sell out too.

I'll admit, I feel very lucky and fortunate to be a member however the establishment has some serious flaws it has to rectify...

Thank the good lord for the bullring though:thumbsu:

The only problem with the members is that they let anyone in. Which means you get guys like KingKiles ranting on about stuff they dont understand.

The crowd at the 20Twenty game and demand for tickets is expected to be similar to a preliminary final. Tickets are actually less than half the price of a prelim final ticket so stop your whinging, your getting a great deal.

The displaying of tickets is entirely appropriate considering the many different regions of the reserve that require different tickets for access. Saves time and effort.

I here you loud and clear mate.
Food pricing is absolutely ridiculous and incredibly stupid, especially considering the fact that there are cheaper places to get food outside the ground like seven11.
Don't we already pay enough in our memberships to have the right to be able to reasonably priced food and drink???
As for the twenty20 match, that is going to be a sellout and have a massive crowd, so it is understandable that they are leaving the prices the same as the ODI matches.
The MCC is a great club and worth being in but their have been some shocking and stupid decisions made that should be changed both for the benefit of the organisation and it's clients.

I am a Full Member. I can tell you that the MCC works on the basis that if you have waited 15 odd years to be a member and after that time are still prepaired to pay the astronomical "Joing Fee" + Membership fee and any other rubbish fee's they come up with, and then after about 3-4 years after that you are prepaired or possibly forced to "upgrade" your ticket from restricted member to Full Member + that years full bill, then you more than likely have enough money to pay through the noes.

I don't agree with this at all, but that is their mindset.

I've had my name on the waiting list for 15 years and it's going to cost me around $200-300 just for a junior.

As if I would pay that.
It is worth it if you go to the footy or cricket regularly. Tickets are about $30-$40 for an adult if i remember correctly so if u go to the MCC 10 times a year you will save.
But i had to join when i was 15 rather than being able to delay for a couple of years, so they force you into joining before you want to.
The thing that really sucks though is the fact that Carlton play half of their Melbourne games at the Dome, so i only get a chance to use my MCC for about 8 games of AFL each year.

Thank god the high prices are finally starting to stop the riff raff from joining.

THe quality of the people in the members reserve has gone down considerably over the last 15-20 years or so. If things continue to go down hill I think it would be time they went back to only letting in people from private schools (or Melbourne high). Lets hope it doesnt get to that and the higher fees are enough to keep out the undesirables.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is The Mcc On Drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back