Is there any reason to attend home games?

Remove this Banner Ad

I never had any issues with his political history, all of that is completely unrelated to football and has no impact on his ability.

His connection to the SANDFULL is where I have had an issue since Day 1.
Yeah true that. My point was intending to be that I'd rather have someone more neutral, so less people would have a reason to dislike or like them due to their political affiliations.

I've got no idea what the chairman's exact role is anyway

Networking?
If you're in a field where you work with customers. It could be good to attend these games, as they're stupid enough to show up. They might be stupid enough to part way with money for you?

So Holmes wants to stay at Geelong and his manager has put a 4 year deal to the club and Geelong have said to wait.

Imagine being a club that has players wanting to go to it, that has players taking unders to stay and sought after players putting contracts to the club and the club has the strength to be able to say wait.

Now compare that to us. We really have zero hope. If we recruit someone decent we’ve won the lottery and we’ve got a list of shit.

Why do we even follow the club? You’d have to question if we are all mad and to the Gold members, I’m sorry but you’re insane.

I always love these stats with arbitrary starting points. Why Round 18 last year? Oh right, because before that we went 7-2 at AO. 7-1 if you bring in another arbitrary starting point of Round 3. They're also including the Sydney game as one of those losses.

For clarity, I'm not saying we don't suck at home. It just always amuses me to see these stats and wonder "why that round in particular?" For reference, from the last 4 AO games they're including from last year, we won 2 convincingly, lost 1 thanks to a moron goal umpire, and lost 1 to a team that lost a prelim by 1 point to the eventual premiers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i went to the game on Fri night....my lad got a free family GA through a school visit last year.
First game for a year-ish I think.
Giving up my membership and attending less games has been a big part of turning my mental health around. If I was still super invested i'd be far worse off in that regard. I still follow the Crows, but I don't love the club anymore. Years ago I would have laughed at anyone with that sort of outlook, and called them a fair weather...but I really don't care.

Have been to every home game this year.. kids are dissinterested... sat on tehir phones... nothing to really cheer or get up about... the game plan breeds a terrible watching brand of footy.

I also have been known to literally sit on BF whilst at the game reading... rather than watching.

Given cost of living etc... Would be intereste dto see what happens wiith home turnout.

the problem will always be the vanilla slice brigade who see this is their weekly outing from the nursing home

Have been to every home game this year.. kids are dissinterested... sat on tehir phones... nothing to really cheer or get up about... the game plan breeds a terrible watching brand of footy.

I also have been known to literally sit on BF whilst at the game reading... rather than watching.

Given cost of living etc... Would be intereste dto see what happens wiith home turnout.

the problem will always be the vanilla slice brigade who see this is their weekly outing from the nursing home
They're all living large anyway, with their mortgages paid off and franking credits coming out their ears :D :p

With 2 kids under 5 it's quite a logistics exercise (and expensive) to go to the footy.

Since I'm in the relapse boat of having my care factor slip away, I just don't bother much anymore.

Last game I went to was Tex's 10 goals, so that was lucky.

With 2 kids under 5 it's quite a logistics exercise (and expensive) to go to the footy.

Since I'm in the relapse boat of having my care factor slip away, I just don't bother much anymore.

Last game I went to was Tex's 10 goals, so that was lucky.
you're not wrong.
we caught the train in but missed the 9pm (just after half time) train back.
Kids (8 and 5) had had enough 3 min into the 3rd quarter, but that didn't leave us long enough to get to the train station. The next train was 10pm (i think train strikes had a bit to do with that).
Ended up catching a cab back to grange for $38
I splashed a bit at the kiosks and let them have whatever they wanted.
That plus a beer for my mate and I....I was down about $130-140...and that was with FREE tickets to the game

What particularly did Olsen do wrong?

Bad:
  • Was a big part of re-signing Nicks.
  • As an ex-poli with plenty of connections I thought he would be able to 'usher/push' through our new HQ. It feels like Chapman is still there - nothing has happened after how many years.
  • Has been far too quiet about moving our reserves to the national comp, seems very happy to keep helping his SANFL mates. This really should have happened this year.

Good:
??

If they'd just bring back the Barossa Valley Hot Dogs stand then not only would I go to all of our home games, I'd probably go to Port's, too.

If they'd just bring back the Barossa Valley Hot Dogs stand then not only would I go to all of our home games, I'd probably go to Port's, too.
Top tier Eastern stand. (Bay 532) Currently setting up for the game

Attachments

• 17154897099032633174175515008113.jpg
    17154897099032633174175515008113.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Had a look at the schedule and wont be going to anymore

Night games in winter are out and afternoon games ( are ok after half time) are also out due to not being able to see the action on the ground nor the screens where I sit

My attendance next year may be non-existent depending on the next month

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any reason to attend home games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back