Is there any reason to attend home games?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm taking my son to a game later in the year. He's pretty keen to get stuck into the hot chips, the pipsqueak polished off the better part of 3 buckets last time. I'll just enjoy the father son bonding time. As a kid I went to the Richmond game in 93 where Mods went boonta, but then spent the next 3 years going along with my dad to watch us get pasted nearly every time. My son's had a pretty good life, won't hurt him to experience some solid disappointment every now and then.

I'm loathe to put a Crows guernsey on him though because he's 7 years old and weighs 20kg soaking wet and I'm afraid if Nicksy sees him he'll try and sub him on.
Love the hot chips

Dont go if you dont want to. Give up your tickets. I know I will still go no matter what even if I say i wont. And you will all as well. We still get well attended matches so you know you will all go still.

I will keep attending but I know I'm doing more harm than good. We are not going to see any real change until they look up into the stands and see a sub-32k crowd.

I'm taking my son to a game later in the year. He's pretty keen to get stuck into the hot chips, the pipsqueak polished off the better part of 3 buckets last time. I'll just enjoy the father son bonding time. As a kid I went to the Richmond game in 93 where Mods went boonta, but then spent the next 3 years going along with my dad to watch us get pasted nearly every time. My son's had a pretty good life, won't hurt him to experience some solid disappointment every now and then.

I'm loathe to put a Crows guernsey on him though because he's 7 years old and weighs 20kg soaking wet and I'm afraid if Nicksy sees him he'll try and sub him on.
My first football experience I was 3 and I went to the Adelaide v Essendon trial game before the 1991 season started and all I can remember is lots and lots of people and constantly asking Dad for more Hot Chips 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predict the crowd for essendon
If Nicks is still around for the St Kilda game, can you imagine what the size of that crowd will be to witness the dour "defensive masterpiece" that he and Lyon will come up with?

We'd be lucky to see 8 goals for the whole game - that's the total for both teams, and in perfect weather. I'm dry retching right now thinking of it.

Last edited:
My first football experience I was 3 and I went to the Adelaide v Essendon trial game before the 1991 season started and all I can remember is lots and lots of people and constantly asking Dad for more Hot Chips 😅
Wow good memory

My earliest memory would be going to footy park in 1988 watching Norwood as a 6 year old. Watching the reserves getting all the league players autographs while they were watching the reserves.

I remember winning Rodney Maynard’s match day guernsey in 1989 at Norwood oval.

In politics? Quite a lot to be honest. He had to resign, remember.

But I also didn't really like the appointment of an ex politician to be our chairman.

I never had any issues with his political history, all of that is completely unrelated to football and has no impact on his ability.

His connection to the SANDFULL is where I have had an issue since Day 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any reason to attend home games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back