Opinion Is this the worst season of AFL in many a long while?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure if it's just me but this season has been average in my opinion.
Not that many great marks or goals, not many high quality games. No real superstars apart from Bontompelli and Curnow .
Sydney seem to have a superior list to everyone else but they don't play an attractive brand.
Most of the teams in the top 8 are just ok teams.

Not that many great marks or goals, not many high quality games. No real superstars apart from Bontompelli and Curnow .
Sydney seem to have a superior list to everyone else but they don't play an attractive brand.
Its because your team sucks.

The season has a bit of a funk about it. No doubt.

Very meh.

It's been an average year with average teams . Please tell me otherwise if you have evidence.
Has been a rubbish year so far, starting with that crappy round zero and early byes

Last year's (ladder) top 4 have underperformed and no one is throwing out a serious challenge to Sydney as yet

Still a long way to go though, given how even it is it will get pretty exciting in the run home, where a missed goal could cost you about 5 ladder spots 😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL have had a mare - the structuring of the byes and the umpiring has been a disaster.

The standard has been ok though.

It always seems shit in June-July though. Weekly floggings whilst the good teams start to get it together and the average teams fall apart. Also gets colder and wetter so the standard drops.

Think it’ll be a good run home and finals series, if anyone can challenge Sydney.

Plenty to look forward to yet and then there’s trade week with Rioli, Baker and perhaps others following Hardwick and Gale out the door 👍

Yep, its shit.

Blind Freddy can see the end game with Blues or Bombers fairytale.

Seriously considering a return to the SANFL.

eric cartman picture GIF by South Park

Since the start of the year the following teams have been favourites for the flag at some point;

Brisbane
Collingwood
Melbourne
GWS
Geelong
and now Sydney.

Hawks revival, WC and North promising signs, Melbourne implosion, Port booing, lots of good story lines.

But then again, my team isn’t trash with not a lot of bright spots so…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back