Opinion Is Tommy Stewart Geelong’s best player?

Remove this Banner Ad

After tonight I think Tommy Stewart is in the conversation as the cats best player. Dal Santo and Ben Dixon said he is the cats most important player… is he the best?
I always had Dangerfield as our best in the last 5 years. Some had suggested Guthrie as the reigning B & F. Tommy Hawkins, Jezza, Selwood.
I think he just about gets the nod on current form and surely our next captain!

It's either him or Hawkins. Dangerfield has been out of that discussion for a while.
Absolutely agree. Dangerfield is a good player, but not reliable. Doesn't do the team stuff enough of the time. Players like Selwood/Stewart/Hawkins are the ones you want. The ones that are always thinking team-first.

He’s not the most talented so it really depends how you interpret best. After a longer period of playing for the club I’d say it will be hard to go past Cameron as the best. Some of the other contenders were down last night so he shone brighter. But I love Tommy so none of this is a slight on him but we do have some beauties to choose from.
Most teams it is clear who the best player is so shows the strength of the team that there is even a conversation.

He’s been an absolute rock. I saw him make one mistake last night, and he dropped one mark.

Proves he is human, cause i can’t recall him doing that for weeks on end. He’s just that good.

He kept us in the game last night. If he wasn’t playing we probably would have lost by 5 goals. Absolute gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

said it in another thread: if there's to be another non-midfielder to win the Brownlow or the ALFPA MVP then surely Tom Stewart is your man.

Controls the Game.

He is like a black hole. The ball get sucked towards him. I doubt the votes will be. Umps are so mid centric. The votes need to also include goal umpires and boundary umpires. The have a different view and probably more time to judge.

The other thing id ask. Is he the ultimate proof that a lot of players are drafted too young? Played in the Falcons so talent was always there but talent alone is never enough.

Most important to all our defensive set ups and attacking options through the back half. YES!
Best player?? Depends what you are looking for... IMO he is a GUN.
And believe it or not some where questioning why we would spend pick #40 ish on this bloke at the draft many years ago.
Story has it that the Hawks were sniffing and we pounced a little earlier than we wanted to the angst on some on here if my memory is correct.
His VFL footy was a class above. And a pick in the 40's was bargain.
Cheers Boys.

He’s been an absolute rock. I saw him make one mistake last night, and he dropped one mark.

Proves he is human, cause i can’t recall him doing that for weeks on end. He’s just that good.

He kept us in the game last night. If he wasn’t playing we probably would have lost by 5 goals. Absolute gun.

Fantastic performance from Stewart...really top class....

...he made more than one mistake last night but made up for it well and truly.

Most important to all our defensive set ups and attacking options through the back half. YES!
Best player?? Depends what you are looking for... IMO he is a GUN.
And believe it or not some where questioning why we would spend pick #40 ish on this bloke at the draft many years ago.
Story has it that the Hawks were sniffing and we pounced a little earlier than we wanted to the angst on some on here if my memory is correct.
His VFL footy was a class above. And a pick in the 40's was bargain.
Cheers Boys.
It was Sydney sniffing around

Short memories. Guthrie is just returning from injury, and 12m ago was easily our MVP, while Stewart was returning from his own clavicle injury.
Timing is everything, and the immediacy of his great game on Friday is timely.
But in a GF, we do not win without Cameron and Hawkins together; we need Rohan firing- at his best, he is a superstar; we need Guthrie, our best 2-way mid; we need the explosive Danger, and we might not have Duncan.
And Stewart is currently our best player

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Tommy Stewart Geelong’s best player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back