Is Zac Clarke really doing as well as we think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely agree Lach I see this as our most effective forward set up.

Something like

HF: Mayne Pavlich Neale
F: Ballas Clarke Walters

Would have Mellington in there when fit with one of Neale/Walters being freed up to the midfield.

Yep, that's all we need. That's tall enough and Sandi can spend the odd 5 minutes down there from time to time, and when Mora's back he and Fyfe can rotate through there as well.

There's absolutely no need to panic and start putting our best tall backman in the forward line.

Are clubs able to delist players still on contract? Eg. JA.

Yes, you can delist a contracted player, but his wages is still on the salary cap.

It also depends on when you delist them.

If you did it before List Lodgement 2, then it goes into 2012's salary cap (which given you missed out on Clark is probably quite available). You would then open up another spot in the Normal draft.

If you did it after list lodgement 2 and before list lodgement 3, the wages go towards 2013's salary cap and you open up a spot in the PSD.

WC went this option with Hansen and Stenglein

Zac Clarke was down versus previous weeks but was played more in the ruck and pushing way up ground. The structure of the game and this didn't help him this week but you could still see his quality when he could have a run at the ball.

Thought Ibbotson was BOG for us and Broughton toiled away as usual. Almost all the others had poor games for various reasons. Need a few changes, rethink some of our forward line structure and some practice kicking for goal more than singling out someone like Clarke.

I very unfairly bagged Zac pretty consistently over the last few years. He had a less than awesome game - a lot of players fall into that category.

Ruckmen can take a while to develop.... I think if anything we'll only see him get better.

Sandi releases Zac to play his more natural running game. With Griff in the side Zac needed to take more of the rucking duties, IMO.

Very astute observation there Nickos.

I like what Zac offers as that athletic mobile forward more than a ruck at the moment. Until the Afro samurai puts on more weight to be considered a good #1 ruckman, he must be used in the forward line to take a tall KPD and burn them off the track like he has shown already.
The goal from 50 against the Saints case in point.

I still haven't got round to watching the Carlton game on TV yet but the goal he got in the game looked pretty good. Although I was at the other end.

It also depends on when you delist them.

If you did it before List Lodgement 2, then it goes into 2012's salary cap (which given you missed out on Clark is probably quite available). You would then open up another spot in the Normal draft.

If you did it after list lodgement 2 and before list lodgement 3, the wages go towards 2013's salary cap and you open up a spot in the PSD.

WC went this option with Hansen and Stenglein

Thanks didn't realize.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Zac Clarke really doing as well as we think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back