Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not sure what your point is? Is that an actual image of terrorist sympathizers celebrating the slaughter of innocent people? If so, please delete. That's quite disgusting of you!
No I won't delete

My point is some of us thought it was not a good idea to put Israel's lights on the Opera House, while others thought it was harmless

If this photo is anything to go by, it reinforces the notion that it was not a good idea

I'm not sure what your point is? Is that an actual image of terrorist sympathizers celebrating the slaughter of innocent people? If so, please delete. That's quite disgusting of you!

Apparently it wouldn’t happen without Israel’s colours being projected onto the Opera House.

Amazing, isn’t it?

No I won't delete

My point is some of us thought it was not a good idea to put Israel's lights on the Opera House, while others thought it was harmless

If this photo is anything to go by, it reinforces the notion that it was not a good idea
Just waiting for Peter Dutton to say it's "too divisive". Oh, no, that's right, the darker skinned people are on the receiving end, so it's ok by him.

Apparently it wouldn’t happen without Israel’s colours being projected onto the Opera House.

Amazing, isn’t it?
Yep I'm pretty sure that protest (depicted in the photo) outside the Opera House wouldn't happen outside the Opera House without those colours being projected onto the Opera House

Isn't that awesome, the Opera House is now a place of protest!! So worth it!

Feel for all innocent civilians who be effected by this. Shame on Australia for supporting a government who is head of an apartheid. Take thier houses, land, have a blockade where they live and surprised they revolt.

Yep I'm pretty sure that protest (depicted in the photo) outside the Opera House wouldn't happen outside the Opera House without those colours being projected onto the Opera House

And it's gone.

sydney-opera-house-destroyed.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for all innocent civilians who be effected by this. Shame on Australia for supporting a government who is head of an apartheid. Take thier houses, land, have a blockade where they live and surprised they revolt.

So you'll be condemning the attacks on innocent Israeli citizens? ........ I'll wait

Do you have any idea how dumb this reads?

Embarrassing.

Protests would happen regardless of whether the opera house was lit up.

Just come out and say you don’t want it lit up because you don’t want your country supporting Israel.

It’d save all of us a lot of time.

Which Government? I can think of three off the top of my head.

That's interesting on account of the criticism of Netanyahus policy of denying any rights to Palestinians.

I don't know enough of the media there, but would this outlet be considered important voice? Interested if it represents majority opinion of Israelis or not
This is from Wiki for what it is worth. The English edition is published and sold with the NYT.

Haaretz describes itself as having "a broadly liberal outlook both on domestic issues and on international affairs",[31] and has been summarized as being "liberal on security, civil rights and economy, supportive of the Supreme Court, very critical of Netanyahu's government"

That's interesting on account of the criticism of Netanyahus policy of denying any rights to Palestinians.

I don't know enough of the media there, but would this outlet be considered important voice? Interested if it represents majority opinion of Israelis or not
As I understand it HAARETZ falls well behind the main Hebrew language newspaper outlets in Israel in terms of circulation but is the main English language paper read in Israel and amongst foreign Jewish citizens and foreign diplomats.

It is the paper that has led the attacks and demonstrations against Netanyahu’s attack on the rule of law in Israel.

Israel is totally dependent on the support of friendly foreign nations (esp the US) for survival which is where Hareetz influence is important, despite being viewed as a (relative) left wing outlet.

Lot of supplies and weapons come into Gaza via tunnels. The Egyptians and Israelis close them down from time to time. Still hard to fathom the build up of equipment by Hamas in Gaza although a lot of the rockets are very crude and probably easy to manufacture.
This uprising would have given Hamas a good chance of ransacking IDF and Police weapons which won't help the situation either.
Haaretz is typically left leaning and no fan of Netanhyiu , however the points they bring up are very valid.
Netanhyiu should fall on his sword form a government of national unity to deal with this crisis , that way he can at least get rid of the orthodox hardliners and settlers and bring the opposition in. More than likely it would force a general election afterwards but that might not be a bad thing for Israel.

Do you have any idea how dumb this reads?

Embarrassing.

Protests would happen regardless of whether the opera house was lit up.

Just come out and say you don’t want it lit up because you don’t want your country supporting Israel.

It’d save all of us a lot of time.
My country? Do you know how dumb that reads? NSW State govt decision

At no point have I criticised anyone at a national level

At least do some research before snarking off left right and centre

Embarrassing

So yeah I'm not rapt with state govts taking sides in international politics and using a cultural icon in that manner, turning it into a magnet for what could be very heated protests

I'm fine with my country supporting Israel as they are our allies đź‘Ť

Just come out and say you're trying to characterise as many people as possible as anti-semitic, it'd save us a lot of time

My country? Do you know how dumb that reads? NSW State govt decision
Yep, they're the only part of our country's leadership that has come out in support of Israel, aren't they?

Keep digging mate. It's pretty entertaining.

At least do some research before snarking off left right and centre

Ah yeah. The good old dO sOmE rEsEaRcH.

You sure showed me!

Just come out and say you're trying to characterise as many people as possible as anti-semitic, it'd save us a lot of time

Nah. Just those who try and deflect and hide behind tired narratives to push their agendas. It's tiresome and boring. And if you're going to peddle them or support them in any way don't get shitty when someone calls you out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back