It's all coming together for us now !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The question was related to marks. I answered it correctly.

I don't know if this my bias showing through, but if North Melbourne offered Hawthorn their three best players under 24 in exchange for Franklin, I wouldn't want Hawthorn to take the deal

I don't know if this my bias showing through, but if North Melbourne offered Hawthorn their three best players under 24 in exchange for Franklin, I wouldn't want Hawthorn to take the deal

Is every person in this thread on acid?

The. Question. Was. In. Relation. To. Marking. Forwards.

My reply had nothing to do with with best players, relative trade values or the large hadron collider.

Is every person in this thread on acid?

The. Question. Was. In. Relation. To. Marking. Forwards.

My reply had nothing to do with with best players, relative trade values or the large hadron collider.

Ahahahahaha, you're soooo cute when you're mad :D

It shocks me that people haven't realised that Radical Roo is an opposition supporter whose created a troll account to have a bit of fun.

My money's on it being Bosk.

Cant see North ever really going anywhere.

They just lack quality key marking targets in their forward line.

I dont think they will ever threaten the promising sides like GC,
Melbourne, Freo or even WC and Rich.

I can see them going somewhere ACT or NZ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You need to watch more footy.

Petrie and Hansen are only behind Reiwoldt and Koschitzke as a pair of marking forwards.

Hansen alone averaged more marks in the forward line than either Franklin or Roughead in 2010. I would expect Petrie to do the same.

If you think Petrie and Hanson are compariable to Franklin and Roughy,
then you need to take those rose coloured glasses off.

North, at present, have no Key forwards of quality.
Hanson aint much chop, hasnt shown a lot and Petrie is nothing more
than a Leigh Brown type - whilst he isnt a bad player, he is probably
more effective away from goals.

To compare these 2 players to Franklin and Roughead is just plain wrong.

Sooooooo... You would take Petrie and Hansen over Franklin and Roughead?

Do not put Roughead in the same sentence as Franklin. Roughead is to Hawthorn what Minson is to the Bulldogs. I laugh every time I see the ball in Roughead's hands. Can't believe he was once considered a gun player.

Do not put Roughead in the same sentence as Franklin. Roughead is to Hawthorn what Minson is to the Bulldogs. I laugh every time I see the ball in Roughead's hands. Can't believe he was once considered a gun player.

He kicked 75+ goals in a premiership year as a 21 yo. The last two seasons he has kicked over 50 goals each season despite playing appallingly. He's only 23 and KPPs don't generally hit their peak around 26.

But you're right, he's no good, a dud. No hope for him

Btw, have you got a young key position player who's had three consecutive 50 goal seasons like Roughead?

Yes, I would possibly have to agree with that.

I wouldn't mention any of those pairs either.

Hansen already averages more marks as a forward than Cloke and comparing Dawes to Petrie is high comedy.

Tippet averaged less than 4 marks a match in 2010. Taylor just made it.

Hawkins and Mooney, 11 marks between them. Petrie would only have to bag 4 a match to go with hansens 7 to do this pair over.

Henderson and Waite are in Mooney and Hawkins territory..

Tippett took more contested marks (inside 50m) than any other player in the comp in 2010.... this commodity is like Gold

I'll take Tippett / Walker over Hansen / Petrie any day.....

Yes Tippett has had goal kicking issues however this is easily fixed.

Given Walker's / Tippett's inexperience ompared to Hansen / Petrie, I have no doubt that the Tippett / Walker pairing has more upside and I'm extremely confident that this combination will mature quickly in 2011 and as a result the individual and team results will come

an embarrassing thread :eek:

He kicked 75+ goals in a premiership year as a 21 yo. The last two seasons he has kicked over 50 goals each season despite playing appallingly. He's only 23 and KPPs don't generally hit their peak around 26.

But you're right, he's no good, a dud. No hope for him

Btw, have you got a young key position player who's had three consecutive 50 goal seasons like Roughead?

He had one good season and everyone got carried away. Most people realise Hawthorn played out of their skin that season. Roughead certainly produced a season I cannot see him emulating again. There is an incredible amount of hype about him with no scope for improvement. I don't care if he is 23, he is fully developed, has played at his ideal playing weight for four years now, so there's no surprise he has kicked 50s. That doesn't mean he is a gun, though, just your average player who should be kicking that many goals when you spend 98% game time on the ground, pretty much all of which I would assume is in the forward fifty.

He had one good season and everyone got carried away. Most people realise Hawthorn played out of their skin that season. Roughead certainly produced a season I cannot see him emulating again. There is an incredible amount of hype about him with no scope for improvement. I don't care if he is 23, he is fully developed, has played at his ideal playing weight for four years now, so there's no surprise he has kicked 50s. That doesn't mean he is a gun, though, just your average player who should be kicking that many goals when you spend 98% game time on the ground, pretty much all of which I would assume is in the forward fifty.

facepalm.gif

So Roughead has no room for improvement? Are you a development coach down at Hawthorn?

Also, a key forward in their early twenties should have had 3+ 50 goal seasons in a row? Name another forward under 24 who's done that besides Buddy the last three years?

Well we wouldn't want Franklin at our club anyway. In fact it is you guys who have given us 3 very good young players for 2 above average players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back