Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to the day that a player messes up and the club tries to suspend them over and above the law/afl.

we will look even more amateurish.
I said this to Chapman and what credibility Trigg would have with the players, he stated all the players wanted him to stay and he was highly regarded. He then said I would win that nights x lotto, I didn't

I said this to Chapman and what credibility Trigg would have with the players, he stated all the players wanted him to stay and he was highly regarded. He then said I would win that nights x lotto, I didn't

I'm sure they are supportive, but players don't pick CEO's

Makes you wonder how they asked the players.

Did he address a whole room and ask for objections?
Call all the players in for 1 to 1's?
Speak to a couple of players, and extend that to meaning all players?

And then there is the way you put the question:
- do you want trigg to stay?
- If trigg stays would that affect your next contract decisions

Could be wrong but I can't see a situation where the average player would feel comfortable speaking out

Could be wrong but I can't see a situation where the average player would feel comfortable speaking out
Danger and VB rang him on the Saturday morning and told them to stay strong and support him

Danger and VB rang him on the Saturday morning and told them to stay strong and support him

Probably did the same with Craig when he was under the pump. They all loved craigy. Actually, is it too late to get him back. Last year was a disaster on the park having brought an outsider in. Better the devil you know, you know.

The AFC could pretty easily clean this all up if they wanted too, bye giving the honest answer.

why do you think they don't want to do that?

Because they don't have to Cap. Out in the real world (ie not in BigFooty), the vast majority of the footy public (Crows fans or otherwise) have well and truly moved on from this. People like you and I debating it ad nauseam are very much the exception, not the norm.

I'm not suggesting that if you polled 100 average supporters that most of them would declare a love of Trigg and can't wait for his return. I just think the majority would would say 'I don't give 2 shits, when does round one start?'.

Even if there were some sordid details of impropriety by the board - which again I really don't see happening given the calibre of people involved - wtf would they even go down that path when it's no longer even topical for the average punter?

Because they don't have to Cap. Out in the real world (ie not in BigFooty), the vast majority of the footy public (Crows fans or otherwise) have well and truly moved on from this. People like you and I debating it ad nauseam are very much the exception, not the norm.

I'm not suggesting that if you polled 100 average supporters that most of them would declare a love of Trigg and can't wait for his return. I just think the majority would would say 'I don't give 2 shits, when does round one start?'.

Even if there were some sordid details of impropriety by the board - which again I really don't see happening given the calibre of people involved - wtf would they even go down that path when it's no longer even topical for the average punter?

People have moved on simply because there is no option, what recourse do they have? I'd add, you can still bring up the name Tippet in the general public and be sure of at least a few lines of debate, especially from Crows fans, they may have "moved on" but it isn't like the debacle has been forgotten

The reason that it needs to be fully explained is because it is the only way to avoid it happening again, not necessarily the a dodgy contract, but any other form of fraud or impropriety.

The clouded reporting of the AFC is a throw back to a past age when blokes ran boards like there play things and not in the best interest of shareholders (us).

And finally, the reason I harp on about it, is because someone should be accountable for this, all we are getting is lip service from the club, as Carl said how can you lose so much yet the club has done nothing, nothing at all.

But also, no one likes change.

Like me, they wall wanted Craig to stay - what would they think of the change now? (I'm more than happy with Sando btw, this isn't meant to be a crack at the coach by any means)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the board believes his punishment (6 month suspension and $50,000 personal fine) is sufficient given his previous good record and dedication to the club and given the nature of how the deal got done in the first place.
so a 6 month suspension from your job and a 50k fine for Trigg losing the club 3 (at minimum) first rounders 3 second round draft picks and costing the club money is sufficient yet..

yet a young player trying to establish themselves cops a club imposed $5k fine and a 4 week suspension despite already being convicted in a Court of law (not a bullshit AFL commission) with 18 month lose of licence and a $1200 fine (plus costs for impounding your car which run into the thousands) - I'm referring to Tony Armstrong.

I find it highly hypocritical, that the club feels the need to impose sanctions over and above that of a Civil court, yet are happy with the AFL...you don't see anything wrong with this?

so a 6 month suspension from your job and a 50k fine for Trigg losing the club 3 (at minimum) first rounders 3 second round draft picks and costing the club money is sufficient yet..

yet a young player trying to establish themselves cops a club imposed $5k fine and a 4 week suspension despite already being convicted in a Court of law (not a bullshit AFL commission) with 18 month lose of licence and a $1200 fine (plus costs for impounding your car which run into the thousands) - I'm referring to Tony Armstrong.

I find it highly hypocritical, that the club feels the need to impose sanctions over and above that of a Civil court, yet are happy with the AFL...you don't see anything wrong with this?

A $5k fine and 4 week suspension hardly equates to $50,000 and 6 month. And that was also how long ago? :rolleyes: And you impose Club fines/suspensions when you are teaching them a lesson - they are young, they need life lessons/consequences.

In Trigg's case, I am sure he has more than learned from this one.

People have moved on simply because there is no option, what recourse do they have? I'd add, you can still bring up the name Tippet in the general public and be sure of at least a few lines of debate, especially from Crows fans, they may have "moved on" but it isn't like the debacle has been forgotten

The majority of angst felt by Joe Supporter at this Tippett debacle would be squarely directed at K Tippett.

And finally, the reason I harp on about it, is because someone should be accountable for this, all we are getting is lip service from the club, as Carl said how can you lose so much yet the club has done nothing, nothing at all.

But Trigg has been made accountable for it. Fifty grand out of your pocket and six months unpaid leave (with another 6 suspended) is hardly a slap on the wrist.

I'm interested, if Trigg received an even harsher penalty and / or was sacked by the board, would some of you still be pursuing a witch hunt on the board?

Or is the logic that the harshness of Triggs penalty is directly tied to the honesty and integrity of the board (ie we don't think Trigg got penalised harshly enough so automatically the board must be corrupt)?

Does suspicion of impropriety go away if he was suspended for 12 months and got a $100k fine?

No the suspicion doesn't, but you cannot blame us for holding some suspicion when the board have simply stopped talking about it.

We would be completely disarmed if the Club were honest in it's dealings - this current administration will always be known firstly as cheats, but secondly as secretive, exclusive and opaque.

it is insulting to the members of AFC and SANFL that out of all of this, we have been kept in the dark on what happened.

A $5k fine and 4 week suspension hardly equates to $50,000 and 6 month. And that was also how long ago? :rolleyes: And you impose Club fines/suspensions when you are teaching them a lesson - they are young, they need life lessons/consequences.

sorry, a life lesson is having to front up to a court and have your licence revoked for 18 months. Also, to a 21 yr old on the minimum football wage, losing your licence for 18 months and the associated costs is a big deal - don't try and play that down.

Having some smug administrator - who was some 12 months away from being proven as cheats, adding to that is completely unnecessary, but something the club decided it wanted to do...in this instance ;)

So in 6 months time Tony Armstrong gets his licence back, the same time we get Trigg back. I know what I'd rather be getting back.

Not to mention that the AFLPA Collective Bargaining agreement imposes limits on the amount a club can fine a player for off-field offences.

Not to mention that the AFLPA Collective Bargaining agreement imposes limits on the amount a club can fine a player for off-field offences.
and so it should.

I see no reason why the club needs to impose anything on a player who has been dealt with by the Court System.

Because the board believes his punishment (6 month suspension and $50,000 personal fine) is sufficient given his previous good record and dedication to the club and given the nature of how the deal got done in the first place.
If he had not been punished at all the Board would have thought that was sufficient.
Just look at articles on Jacobs' contract to know how badly our image is tarnished. Every contract is now under scrutiny because we are known as "cheats", and when people say this, all I can do is agree.

If he had not been punished at all the Board would have thought that was sufficient.
Just look at articles on Jacobs' contract to know how badly our image is tarnished. Every contract is now under scrutiny because we are known as "cheats", and when people say this, all I can do is agree.

Do you know what? Not one person I know who are AFL fanatics have ever said to me, even in jest, "ah those bloody Adelaide cheats". Not one. Now I don't live in an AFL town, however my league friends are always looking for ways to get one up over AFL. Even they haven't said anything. Worst I've heard is "bit of strife down at the Crows" - and that was from a Port supporter who normally gives me curry during the season proper if we lose (and vice versa). I mix in AFL circles up here (through my son's involvements in the sport and our obvious involvement) and while there were murmurs early on, most of the chatter has been about Tippett and what a dick he turned out to be. Now the chatter is focused on the upcoming season. The drugs in sports thing gets a bit of a run, but everyone more or less has moved on.

If he hadn't been punished by the AFL? The Club's punishment would have been far more severe IMO. I doubt very much they would have been happy for him to stay on if that had been the case. He took one for the Club, therefore the Club are standing by him. That's how I see what's happened.

Ah but you think the Club should now impose something MORE on Trigg even though he'd already been dealt with by the AFL.
I'm saying for consistency sake , they should have - you know to avoid looking like a bunch of Hypocrites....

I'd add, the AFL is no Civil Court either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back