Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Board was aware and the key movers and shakers on the Board actively involved in the cover up strategy.

It is the only way our actions (not sacking Trigg) makes any sense.
Been told today from a very good source that the board was aware and as Trigg helped cover the truth the board is supporting him .
That means two things for me.
If had respect for board I have now lost and no longer admire Chapman as ultimate businessman or person.
Of course Trigg still was main player and ultimate person responsible and should with any decency resign.

Just keep those fingers in your ears.

Cmon now, la-la-la-la-la at the top of your voice. That's a good boy.

No, you’re right.

It’s crazy to think that the board, coach and players are still backing Trigg in on the basis that he still has much to offer the club in spite of this **** up.

The more viable scenario is clearly that our board of professional and respected business people are embroiled in a covert operation to cover up their super-secret involvement in the Tippett conspiracy by getting said CEO to play the patsy, all the while concealing their true hidden identities in this dastardly scheme.

And they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for those meddling Tippets (eh, Shaggy?)

No, you’re right.

It’s crazy to think that the board, coach and players are still backing Trigg in on the basis that he still has much to offer the club in spite of this **** up.

The more viable scenario is clearly that our board of professional and respected business people are embroiled in a covert operation to cover up their super-secret involvement in the Tippett conspiracy by getting said CEO to play the patsy, all the while concealing their true hidden identities in this dastardly scheme.

And they would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for those meddling Tippets (eh, Shaggy?)

What's your understanding of the term "club line"?

No, you’re right.

I don't think it needs to be that complex.

There is a fairly good chance, that with all the talk about Tippets contract, at some point Trigg would have confided in someone the additional paperwork, even if it was simply to say he put it to bed.

I can not reconcile how the club has to cop the brunt of Triggs actions, and Trigg doesn't get a life time ban or at minimum 12 months off.

Speaking to respected business people who aren't on the AFC board, all are of the same opinion, the punishment reeks of a backroom deal driven by both parties to avoid a larger image problem.

For what it is worth, I am yet to meet any business owner/director/CEO/CFO who can fathom how Trigg has retained his job. In any real job he'd be gone, most likely along with his superior.

I can not reconcile how the club has to cop the brunt of Triggs actions, and Trigg doesn't get a life time ban or at minimum 12 months off.

He's the highest paid representative of the club administration - what he does, the club does. We were always going to be hit by the AFL for the actions of the CEO.

It's why the Melbourne / Dean Bailey situation is such a farce. How they can suspend the head coach for his actions without applying a comparable penalty (eg draft picks) to the organisation who is responsible for employing them - regardless of whether they were across it or not - is just bizarre.

What the AFL have done here is just par for the course.

The club bore the brunt of his actions for exactly the same reasons we all expected the MFC to bear the brunt of Dean Bailey and Chris Connelly’s actions. It's the way it works.

With the forensic manner in which this was investigated by the AFL, if there were any level of impropriety at the board level, do you not think this would have been exposed somehow?

Speaking to respected business people who aren't on the AFC board, all are of the same opinion, the punishment reeks of a backroom deal driven by both parties to avoid a larger image problem.
Absolutely.

Chapman himself has very coyly stated that, after all the shit went down, their intention was to "get the best result possible for the AFC."

Never to expose the truth and get to the bottom of what went wrong, identify the responsible parties or to rid the club of the scourge of cheating.

For what it is worth, I am yet to meet any business owner/director/CEO/CFO who can fathom how Trigg has retained his job. In any real job he'd be gone, most likely along with his superior.
Yep.

The turkeys don't vote for thanksgiving.

If Trigg got sacked it would have gone all the way up to the Board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club bore the brunt of his actions for exactly the same reasons we all expected the MFC to bear the brunt of Dean Bailey and Chris Connelly’s actions. It's the way it works.

With the forensic manner in which this was investigated by the AFL, if there were any level of impropriety at the board level, do you not think this would have been exposed somehow?
That's exactly what I'm worried about.

We're being led to believe that there was NO link from the Reid/Trigg/Harper/Rutherford backroom money and draft tampering shennanigans to the Board.

None at all.

Just ignore those Board minutes, ok?

(cough)

So, the Board were like Schultz and knew nothing.

That means that the $500,000 fine and the draft penalties fall entirely onto Trigg's shoulders as CEO. Boy, imagine how mad our Board must be? Mislead, lied to and steered into turmoil by a renegade CEO who kept them in the dark and ran our club aground.

They were so mad in fact that they did... nothing.

That's right. Nothing.

Almost as though they weren't mad. Almost as though they weren't blind-sided by these allegations.

It will come out eventually unless we're VERY nice to Mr Trigg and give him his job back after a holiday at one of our major sponsors on top dollar during his exile. So we've spent the last three years bending over backwards to keep big Kurtly from exposing us and now we'll be doing the same with Trigg for however long. Tip-toeing around to keep him happy.

And when it eventually comes out we'll be punished again, this time for misleading the AFL Commission.

I take your point, and there's merit in it. But the reality is, the decision to sack a coach will be made on the basis of some clearly defined performance indicators, not on the whim of a CEO.

These KPI's will reflect the resources that Sando has available to him at that point in time - not what he could have achieved with an extra couple of first round draft picks - and he will have plenty of scope to buy into and ultimately agree on them.

In any case this discussion is probably moot, as my money's on Sando outlasting Trigg at the club anyway!

So it will be understood that sandos goalposts have moved because of the incompetence if the CEO/board. So we're saying that "sando, we expected an average of 12 wins/season when we signed you. After we screwed up, we dropped that to 10 wins. Mate, you're at 9 and it's simply not good enough. We are a professional sporting organisation that accepts nothing but peak performance. I'm sure you understand how you're not meeting the high standards that we all set for ourselves.".

Step away from the tin foil, Carl.

So it's completely incomprehensible that parts of the board knew what trigg knew about the deal. And that when the shit hit the fan they closed ranks to protect each other. You're not seriously claiming that this is 'tin foil hat' stuff. It's a damn sight more likely than claiming that no one on the board had any idea at all. That's the real tin foil hat shit and you'd need the catering size pack to make yours.

Look we all know that like herpes, Trigg isn't going anywhere

But one day it would be nice to know what his achievements are, the runs on the board.

Is it as simple as all the bad stuff is a board decision, and all the good stuff is him?

Dunno

The AFC could pretty easily clean this all up if they wanted too, bye giving the honest answer.

why do you think they don't want to do that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back