Its time to go Laidley

Remove this Banner Ad

My North said:
Dean has been coaaching the side well
Hard to argue that. No need to let a thing like our position on the ladder come into it either. :rolleyes: There is no way, no matter how you look at it, that Dean has been coaching the side well.

If he was playing 4-5 more kids instead of these washed up useless 24 year olds, then it might be forgivable. But as long as he is picking these same players every week and getting very little experience into our kids then he is doing a terrible job.

Must go. Now.

One major factor in these big losses is the fact we cant run out a game. We seem to stop running half way through the 3rd quarter. It is Laidley's responsibility to ensure the players are fit enough to play out games. Changing the preseason training schedule at the start of the season "to come on in the right time of the year to play finals" was just plain stupid.

Adelaide flood back and pick up men one kick in front of the ball to force turnovers. They run and keep running and then on the rebound run their guts out to provide an option, we just couldn't keep up.

I know a lot of people here hate the chip sideways, backwards style of play but what else can you do when there is absolutely no option in front of you?? I hate it too but unfortunately there isnt much option unless there are guys who are willing to do the team things and block for their mates and create space and a marking target.

I have no doubt he puts his heart and soul into the job but on this occasion it just doesn't seem like we're going to head in the right direction with him and his coaching panel leading the club's onfield destiny.[/quote]

C
an somebody who knows tell me straight.......of ALL the people in the Coaching Box
1. Who is responsible for skills?
2. Who is charged with getting our backline to perform as a team?
3. Who is our forward/goalkicking member of the panel?
4. Who sends out the runner to tell the team when we get to the last two minutes of the quarter?
5. Who watches the replay and prepares a report for the Senior Coach?
6. Who sits on the selection panel each week?
7. Who is in charge of tackling?

We point the finger at Laidley each week yet we see the same TEN/TWELVE people in the box each week and we see the same skills/same tactics/same lack of leadership/ same FACES in the team each and every week.....who is responsible?????

My North said:
by the way Dean has full support of the board.

...so, he's gone then?

I've tried to support the guy too and defend him BUT I think it is over. I cannot watch this team play like this anymore and I don't know in which universe, any sane person could possibly think that playing football like this is going to get you anywhere. Clearly, Dean is committed to it and it is putting us in a huge hole.

I will not be disappointed if he chooses to move on, a little sad that it didn't work out maybe.

He seemed so promising at the start...how did it go so pearshaped?

Kangaroolz said:
I've tried to support the guy too and defend him BUT I think it is over. I cannot watch this team play like this anymore
This is an important point for both Dean and the board to consider. There are a growing number of people feeling this way and our club can't afford to lose these members and fail to attract new ones with unattractive footy. Whether it's right or wrong has become secondary. I don't see how we can go forward playing this way.

On the plus side, he is playing the kids more this year and if someone does take over from next year, they'll have something to work with.

Kangaroolz said:
I've tried to support the guy too and defend him BUT I think it is over. I cannot watch this team play like this anymore

We buy three memberships in my family...and im the only North supporter. We go as a family for the excitement of it, and being together as a family. When the wife is falling asleep and the little man is just not interested, then it makes you think...would I be better off just spending time with the family at home, than going to the games and being completely bored.

The memberships become a donation, and with interest rates going up its decision time. Looks like there will be at least 2 fewer memberships next year for the club.

Its sad, but its true. The style of play is driving people away.

The way laidley wants the side to use the short passing style of play can be easily carried out by untrained monkeys. I mean what genuine footy skill does it take to pass around the ball barely 15 metres usually backwards and sideways.

However, where laidley consistantly fails to understand is the game is won on the scoreboard and the skill level in that area requires someone like SAV, badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a member when we won one game for the year so losing wont cost my membership but I must say the way we are playing with a complete lack of endeavour and spirit will cost us the optional members.
Lets not forget more than 5000 did not renew this year.
There has to be a message there and that is we are a boring team to watch with a boring game plan that poeple hate. Could cope if the boring game plan meant we were winning but it isn't.

RobertsonrooC[/I said:
an somebody who knows tell me straight.......of ALL the people in the Coaching Box
1. Who is responsible for skills?
2. Who is charged with getting our backline to perform as a team?
3. Who is our forward/goalkicking member of the panel?
4. Who sends out the runner to tell the team when we get to the last two minutes of the quarter?
5. Who watches the replay and prepares a report for the Senior Coach?
6. Who sits on the selection panel each week?
7. Who is in charge of tackling?

We point the finger at Laidley each week yet we see the same TEN/TWELVE people in the box each week and we see the same skills/same tactics/same lack of leadership/ same FACES in the team each and every week.....who is responsible?????

At the end of the day, Laidley is the head coach. The buck stops with him.

Mailman said:
We buy three memberships in my family...and im the only North supporter. We go as a family for the excitement of it, and being together as a family. When the wife is falling asleep and the little man is just not interested, then it makes you think...would I be better off just spending time with the family at home, than going to the games and being completely bored.

The memberships become a donation, and with interest rates going up its decision time. Looks like there will be at least 2 fewer memberships next year for the club.

Its sad, but its true. The style of play is driving people away.

I will NEVER stop being a member regardless.

What will stop happening in my family is the extra stuff ie. less merchandise purchased because although we will all remain members, we won't go to as many games because of the style of play. Let me stress here, I don't care is we lose. We North supporters have had lean years before, it is the way we lose now. It is absolutely unwatchable.

I make no apologies for this. At the end of the day, I will (and have) given to this club beyond what was asked and required but if North keep serving up this insipid, ridiculous, boring, laughable style of footy week after week, I will find something better to do.

The majority of posters on this thread overlook conveniently overlook a couple of very umportant issues.

North - when not playing in Grand Finals - played in Prelim finals.

That meant, although we did very, very well in a competitive sense, we were unable to draft GOOD new talent, unlike St Kilda (whose current team is based on draft picks and Geelong has been to get quite a few under the father-son rule.

So now, when we are at the other end of the ladder, it doesn't suit some of the supporters.

OH YOU POOR LITTLE DEARS!

I am absolutely certain that Laidley, other coaches, players, board and committte people jumped on the plane back to Melbourne, patted each other on the back and said what a great job they had done.

And to top it off, their playing/gym room equipment have been destroyed.

According to a news report, Arch was at Arden St today and is said to be devasted.

And all you idiots can do is jump on the net and bag the coach.

AND if Carey does coach North in the future for similar or slightly better result, will you also call for his head - the greatest player to play the game and certainly the greatest at North:mad:

Michele said:
The majority of posters on this thread overlook conveniently overlook a couple of very umportant issues.

That meant, although we did very, very well in a competitive sense, we were unable to draft GOOD new talent, unlike St Kilda (whose current team is based on draft picks and Geelong has been to get quite a few under the father-son rule.

So now, when we are at the other end of the ladder, it doesn't suit some of the supporters.

I am absolutely certain that Laidley, other coaches, players, board and committte people jumped on the plane back to Melbourne, patted each other on the back and said what a great job they had done.

According to a news report, Arch was at Arden St today and is said to be devasted.

AND if Carey does coach North in the future for similar or slightly better result, will you also call for his head - the greatest player to play the game and certainly the greatest at North:mad:

What are you talking about? Most people on this thread are discussing the style of play that the team is playing currently....I think youll note that most say that even if we are losing that as long as we play a decent style of footy that they would be happy.
The constant tangents in your posts are very frustrating...Maybe you should concentrate on what is being discussed in the particular thread.

gokangas said:
Lets not forget more than 5000 did not renew this year.
There has to be a message there and that is we are a boring team to watch with a boring game plan that poeple hate.

No message there at all.

That is a typical churn rate for all Melbourne clubs, regardless of the style of play their team is playing.

Michele said:

If Carey coaches us and is responsible for us playing a terrible brand of football resulting in little success, then yeah I will give him sh*t for it. He may have been the best player I have ever seen play the game, but that doesn't then mean he is immune from criticism.

But I will look forward to your pitiful attempts to defend him though.

moomba said:
No message there at all.

That is a typical churn rate for all Melbourne clubs, regardless of the style of play their team is playing.

Sorry Moomba - I don't accept that premise. Churn of 20%+ - no way.

Michele said:

Michelle - some posters here are getting a little too emotional but his playing career is irrelevant to his coaching tenure. He was a gutsy player who gave his all for the Kanagas. That doesn't give him any extra privileges as coach - none!
He has lost the playing group and the team has taken a giant backward step this season. His coaching tactics have left a lot to be desired, his recruiting policy has been roundly criticised by members, media and other experts, and our current position is unacceptable. The coach should have the courage to resign now.
That will never detract from his days as a player. Just he has failed as coach and should go now.

Ladley cannot select a team.

I think we need a new coach.

I do respect ladley and will not call him names or give him ****... but i do accept that he is not the best coach for us.

pharro said:
Wonder if it's possible to ban the senior coach from the selection meetings.
Would be worthwhile to think about if it wasn't for the fact that I doubt our assistants would do any better. No doubt DMac would re-call Hay and Rawlings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Its time to go Laidley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back