List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds great, hi Richmond we got a deal for you !
Dan’s manager was shopping him prior to the finals where the Dees were the only club that agreed to Port's terms.

Port was asking for one low pick plus steaks knives or, two late first rounders in the teen etc: the Dees agreed on their pick five and the steak knives were not finalised. Anyway, it was enough to convince his manager it was doable, so Dan’s camp went public. And then, Petraca went tropo.

If North want Dan it will be predicated on their first rounder this year, if not, that's OK we all move on with no hard feelings.

Dan’s manager was shopping him prior to the finals where the Dees were the only club that agreed to Port's terms.

Port was asking for one low pick plus steaks knives or, two late first rounders in the teen etc: the Dees agreed on their pick five and the steak knives were not finalised. Anyway, it was enough to convince his manager it was doable, so Dan’s camp went public. And then, Petraca went tropo.

If North want Dan it will be predicated on their first rounder this year, if not, that's OK we all move on with no hard feelings.

This is not the story that was reported by multiple different in the knows and the media here:

They all said ports ask was 2 1sts, and melb had accepted that was what it would take.

At the time melb had pick 8.

I don’t buy that the talk was , 2 1sts, but if you drop a few picks we will take less.

(This isn’t to say we don’t fold and take less, we have too much history)

Davies is talking a good fight, but I don't want them to give in for a mid-teens pick and future second rounder because we know Dan wanted to go home and we want to be seen as a club that helps players get where they want. It's bull$hit. Stand up for the club and hold both Dan and Soldo to their contracts if no-one offers enough. If teams want to come hard for them, then make them pony up. Show some bloody ruthlessness for a change.

Davies is talking a good fight, but I don't want them to give in for a mid-teens pick and future second rounder because we know Dan wanted to go home and we want to be seen as a club that helps players get where they want. It's bull$hit. Stand up for the club and hold both Dan and Soldo to their contracts if no-one offers enough. If teams want to come hard for them, then make them pony up. Show some bloody ruthlessness for a change.
Sounding a bit Kylie, Step back in time.

The best thing about getting 2 firsts from Carlton is that it opens up our first rounders to target other trades.

What other first rounders?
Or is that the joke? It's so hard to tell these days.

Its North melb. or us next year for Dan unless Carlton cave which is unlikely i guess we will find out how much influence the missus has here on the decision my tip is he will go to North and we will get rightfully compensated as his partner i heard is hell bent to get back to Vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back