I've seen no improvement from the Kamry Krows Korporation this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

No. Winning the same games by the same sort of margins as last year is not an improvement. Which is the entire basis of this thread.

lalala-i-cant-hear-you.jpg

The only 3 ways in which the Camries have improved:

Using a quick, strong-marking, football smart key forward with an excellent kick in Taylor Walker as their focal point rather than a big spud who does nothing but stand around deep near the goals, take the occasional contested mark when he's one-out with a spud defender and kick points. Just fixing up an obvious mistake from the past coaches. An 'improvement' in the same way GC would improve if for some reason they played Ablett in the back pocket all year, sacked the coach and then the new coach had the bright idea of playing him in the midfield.

Putting Dangerfield into the midfield. See above.

Getting to play four bottom 6 teams including two bottom 2 teams and their bitches Sydney in the opening 6 rounds, giving them 5 wins (with a missed Lewis Jetta snap the only reason it isn't 4). Still suffered a significant loss in the only game against decent opposition who aren't their bitches.

If Jetta hadn't missed and Stiffy hadn't grazed the posts cushion, then the margin would have remained the same.

You forgot to mention the improvemnt of Sloane. Perhaps that should be point 2 (b)?

Also forgot to add that even though Tippett is such a spud, he would be leading Ports goalkicking, leading their contested marking, 5th in their contested possession count. Such a spud.

What part of playing four bottom 6 teams and two bottom 2 teams do you not understand as giving you 4 easy wins?

Showdowns are never easy wins. Even when one side was dominant during the year it wasnt surprising to see the other side beat them.

You shouldnt speak of GC and GWS games as easy wins when your side is yet to beat either of them

Sydney were unbeaten before last week

Adelaide have won 3 come from behind wins this season. About as many as Craig could muster in his entire time as coach

What part of playing four bottom 6 teams and two bottom 2 teams do you not understand as giving you 4 easy wins?

But Poort Power are not a bottom team anymore. They've improved, remember? Great effort for the Crows to beat the vastly improved Poort Power side this year. :thumbsu:

How do you keep up the enthusiasm for it? I usually get a little bored of the repetitive nature of it all after a little while, but you seem to thrive on it. What's your secret?

Same way this guy doesn't get bored with numbers:

rainman.jpg

Also forgot to add that even though Tippett is such a spud, he would be leading Ports goalkicking, leading their contested marking, 5th in their contested possession count. Such a spud.

Hey Crows supporters, you know how you like to go on about selective stats? Well last week, this guy tried to compare Tippett's total stats after 6 games to the stats of Port Adelaide players before Port had played their 6th game. I trust he'll be reviled just as you guys revile D_One.

But yeah, a big congratulations to Tippett on that. Let's ignore the fact that our 3 best forwards have played 4, 4 and 2 games compared to Tippett's 6 games and none of them have played against GC, GWS or Schoenclangers.

Let's see. Schulz has played 4 and a half games which weren't against GWS, GC or one out with Schoenclangers, Butcher has played 4, and Tippett has played 2 and a half. In that time, Schulz has kicked 11 goals (2.4 average), Butcher has kicked 8 goals (2 average) and Tippett has kicked 2 (0.6 average).

Port have improved from very shit to shit. Adelaide have improved from shit to average, but have played two shit teams and two very shit teams so far which distorts the ladder.

But what makes you think you'd be anywhere near us if you got to play more shit teams in the first 7 rounds when you've failed miserably against the shit teams you HAVE played?

I wouldn't say we've played any shit teams. Maybe St. Kilda (their draw is even easier than yours so far and they're 3-3), but we beat them. Richmond aren't shit, they were competitive against Collingwood, nearly got over the top of Geelong and West Coast and smashed the only weaker teams they've played. They've only had one bad game.

If we'd had Adelaide's draw (obviously not including the Showdown) I'd back us to have beaten GWS and the Bulldogs at AAMI and lost to Hawthorn and Sydney away. GC at Metricon I don't know. So we'd be either 3-3 or 2-4 (unfortunately we can't play ourselves).

Ok, so going by your theory we know for a fact that GWS, GCS, bulldogs and Port are shit teams? So what makes you think that a shit team like Port would replicate Adelaide and beat other shit teams, when the shit team in question (Port) was unable to beat GCS at home last year and are 0-5 against the Dogs since 2006?

What part of being 5-1 this year compared to 2-4 at the same time last year do you not understand as displaying improvement?

What part of 4-1 against the same teams last year albeit with a lower percentage don't you understand.

Why are you comparing results from an Adelaide vs Hawthorn match at AAMI to a Hawthorn vs Adelaide match at the MCG? Totally different scenarios.

Why are you including games against GWS in your comparison???:rolleyes:

Gold Coasts average losing margin at Metricon in 2011 was 45 points, this year its 31 points, yet Adelaide beat them by more this year than last year.

Gold Coast are the most erratic team in the competition. Your game against them this year shows you have not improved.

Adelaide beat the WB at home this year, last time they played at home Adelaide lost.

One game or one quarter is not how to measure improvement. The more games you use the better. The Kamry Krows Korporation have not improved.

A huge amount of Adelaide players are averaging more goals per game this year compared to last (Callinan, Walker, Tippett, Porps) heaps are averaging more possessions this year than last year (Wright, Danger, Thommo, Sloane, Reilly, Henderson) and Adelaide have improved from bottom 4 in contested possessions to 2nd in the leauge

Against the same teams last year you are averaging one extra goal per game, but you are conceding 3.2 extra goals per game. You have not improved.

Take your pick D_One, I can see improvement.

Take your rose coloured glasses off and have another look. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drakescoffeecake said:
Ok, so going by your theory we know for a fact that GWS, GCS, bulldogs and Port are shit teams? So what makes you think that a shit team like Port would replicate Adelaide and beat other shit teams, when the shit team in question (Port) was unable to beat GCS at home last year and are 0-5 against the Dogs since 2006?

Shit team at home v shit team away = shit team at home probably wins (not all the time as we found out last year against GC, and as you guys did against Brisbane).

By my rankings Port are a shit team who have improved from being a very shit team last year. They've played one borderline shit team (Saints), two average teams (the Crows and Richmond) and three good teams (Sydney, Essendon, Collingwood) for a 1-5 result. Sounds about right.

Adelaide are an average team who have improved from being a very shit team last year. They've played two very shit teams (GCS and GWS), two shit teams (Port and the Bulldogs) and two good teams (Sydney and Essendon) for a 5-1 result. Sydney are the outlier, but they're your bitches. I think I heard on Saturday that the Crows hadn't lost at the SCG since 2003 or something like that.

And yes, if Port lose to GC again I will no longer think that Port have improved.

Fellow Crows supporters why do you care if D Flog doesnt think weve improved?

GP, why would you fall to his level?

So I will ask it again, D Flog why do you think we needed to know if you think weve improved or not?

So you're saying that the reason we were shit last year was because we had a hard draw?

Cool. Maybe it wasn't all Neil's fault. :p

Regardless of the fact that Sydney are our bitches, why would you categorize Adelaide as average and Sydney as good when 5 days ago Adelaide went up to Sydney and beat them on their home turf? You lose all credibility right there and the Adelaide hatred is just far too obvious for anyone to have a decent conversation with you.

And I've got no idea why you think you'd have no trouble beating the Dogs (bit like what your supporters thought last week with Richmond huh?) when not only have you lost to them the past 5 times, but have an average losing margin of 68 points the last few times you've played them at AAMI. What exactly makes you confident that you'd beat them? Because your performances this year indicate that you'd struggle against GWS, and right now you'd go in as underdogs against the Gold Coast.

Fellow Crows supporters why do you care if D Flog doesnt think weve improved?

GP, why would you fall to his level?

So I will ask it again, D Flog why do you think we needed to know if you think weve improved or not?

Maybe I shouldn't warn you and let the thump when you finally fall be that little bit louder. :D:thumbsu:

Regardless of the fact that Sydney are our bitches, why would you categorize Adelaide as average and Sydney as good when 5 days ago Adelaide went up to Sydney and beat them on their home turf? You lose all credibility right there and the Adelaide hatred is just far too obvious for anyone to have a decent conversation with you.

And I've got no idea why you think you'd have no trouble beating the Dogs (bit like what your supporters thought last week with Richmond huh?) when not only have you lost to them the past 5 times, but have an average losing margin of 68 points the last few times you've played them at AAMI. What exactly makes you confident that you'd beat them? Because your performances this year indicate that you'd struggle against GWS, and right now you'd go in as underdogs against the Gold Coast.

Sydney without Goodes and Mumford aren't that good. If you put Goodes and Mumford in the Port Adelaide team and we would be pushing for a spot in the eight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back