Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like crows are in a similar position to us when we did the weller deal. Vital to get the deal done for them now they've had so much negative media this is a requirement for them. Suns should be using the papley request from a few years back as the blueprint. Request a trade sure but if we don't get a deal we're happy with you stay here. Does anyone really think Izak would go into the draft or miss out on footy next year. Would surely resign.

izak has been one of my favourite players to watch over the last few seasons. super disappointed with this news. i think people are underestimating how much he impacts our games.

hopefully this is the last "club statement" article we see for a while....

craig cameron & co, earn your money. i know he's out of contact but he's going to be their highest paid player. hope we get a decent return.
While they're at it - they need to be very proactive and re-sign Rowell, Anderson and Hollands etc etc and not have the same shit fester in 2023.

Hey suns fans, sorry for the intruison

Macpherson has been linked with richmond (don't know the validity of it ), but with Rankine now seamingly leaving and freeing cap space, would the suns still have any interest in a Will Brodie style trade where a pick is included to take macpherson in a "salary dump"?
Take him please!!! You can have him for free :)

izak has been one of my favourite players to watch over the last few seasons. super disappointed with this news. i think people are underestimating how much he impacts our games.

hopefully this is the last "club statement" article we see for a while....

craig cameron & co, earn your money. i know he's out of contact but he's going to be their highest paid player. hope we get a decent return.
100% agree

If Swallow was top 20 paid with 750, rankine will surpass that for the next 5 years, that alone is worthy of more than pick 5.

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

Sounds like crows are in a similar position to us when we did the weller deal. Vital to get the deal done for them now they've had so much negative media this is a requirement for them. Suns should be using the papley request from a few years back as the blueprint. Request a trade sure but if we don't get a deal we're happy with you stay here. Does anyone really think Izak would go into the draft or miss out on footy next year. Would surely resign.

Had a good chat with my ketchup last night when people were starting to get confirmation of Izaks decision. He is 100% adamant on the SUNS getting the best compensation for him. Not sure exactly what that means down to a tee, but you would think that he wont go to the PSD with that in mind.

I think the SUNS really hold the upper hand in contract negotiations for once

Had a good chat with my ketchup last night when people were starting to get confirmation of Izaks decision. He is 100% adamant on the SUNS getting the best compensation for him. Not sure exactly what that means down to a tee, but you would think that he wont go to the PSD with that in mind.

Been told the same. His manager still wants him to stay at GC but all that $$$ has eveyone coming out of the woodwork.

B61EF202-BEA7-4589-BC83-8041055E411F.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, if Adelaide don't provide what we ask for and he doesn't want to go to PSD, does he stay? Would he want to? We would be getting in the way of a significant amount of money that he could be earning elsewhere.

Well let’s hope he doesn’t backflip on this as well

Been told the same. His manager still wants him to stay at GC but all that $$$ has eveyone coming out of the woodwork.
There was report Rankine didn't even speak to Port Power so I don't think it was all about the money but he just wanted to return home and play for the club he supported as a kid. If it was about money then there's no doubt there would have been a bidding war as Port Power also has a "war chest" and desperately need a player like Rankine since Gray was clearly on his last leg this season and the offer would have reached $800-850K so more than likely he was offered $700K or at most $750K.

"Early reports of a five-year offer worth as much as $800,000 per season are believed to be exaggerated."

There was report Rankine didn't even speak to Port Power so I don't think it was all about the money but he just wanted to return home and play for the club he supported as a kid. If it was about money then there's no doubt there would have been a bidding war as Port Power also has a "war chest" and desperately need a player like Rankine since Gray was clearly on his last leg this season and the offer would have reached $800-850K so more than likely he was offered $700K or at most $750K.

"Early reports of a five-year offer worth as much as $800,000 per season are believed to be exaggerated."

Justify it to yourself anyway you like.

Ill trust what Eppo says over a journalist mate. Now head back to your group wank on the Adelaide board.

Ill trust what Eppo says over a journalist mate. Now head back to your group wank on the Adelaide board.
Only logical for me I guess that he would have spoken to Port Power if it was all about money. Either way, we've had our fair share of players who we wanted to keep leaving for go home or money or both.

I'm glad you came here and confirmed you are indeed brain dead
You should present to the nearest hospital and offer your organs to a worthy recipient

Time to pay the piper Adelaide you flogs.

Let the shitelaide circle jerking begin
I am deliberately staying off the trades forum pages because I know I would just come back dumber for the experience. Can’t waste the brain cells reading the BS justifications and ridiculous trade offers that some flog says he has the inside word on

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back