Review Round 8 (Q-Clash XXVI) Brisbane @ The GABBA - 5th May 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Only positive was that I got in part of the guard of honour and we got North next week

I dont know what's more pathetic, that performance, or the toll a loss from that has on me as a supporter. Most of us are, you'd say, emotionally invested (and financially) which is what the club wants from us, but it's just been an absolute calamity following this club over the past 13 years and tonight is just the cherry on top. Our next test is in 2 weeks against Geelong because if we back that up with a loss against north melbourne then we are done.

Atkins had 20 disposals at 85%. But anyone can see he is not a defender. He could play wing and only wing, at best.

This obsession with a rebounding user who isn’t a defender needs to stop. Flanders, Atkins, Sexton. Whose next?

Use Powell there and bring in someone like Jeffrey who isn’t afraid to take the kick and actually has the speed and foot skills to make plays that aren’t just “bomb it”. Give him a few games and see if it can be him. It’s not the other three, that’s for sure.

Play three talls back and only three talls.

Graham has been good enough. But he should never be playing mid over Flanders and is still young. With his tackling, maybe he can be the lock-down defender or half-back… We’ve tried half the list at this point…

I am also concerned by Holman barely touching it every game and Berry not being able to kick goals. They make our forward line non-existent as far as goal-kicking threats go. Missing a Rosas type big time. I’d consider Farrar for his speed at least after a 5 goal performance.

Anyway, we all saw the deficiencies. I don’t want to rant or think about this anymore.

I’ll wait until tomorrow to see what Dimma has to say and then I’ll try and enjoy my day off.

Atkins had 20 disposals at 85%. But anyone can see he is not a defender. He could play wing and only wing, at best.

This obsession with a rebounding user who isn’t a defender needs to stop. Flanders, Atkins, Sexton. Whose next?

Use Powell there and bring in someone like Jeffrey who isn’t afraid to take the kick and actually has the speed and foot skills to make plays that aren’t just “bomb it”. Give him a few games and see if it can be him. It’s not the other three, that’s for sure.

Play three talls back and only three talls.

Graham has been good enough. But he should never be playing mid over Flanders and is still young. With his tackling, maybe he can be the lock-down defender or half-back… We’ve tried half the list at this point…

I am also concerned by Holman barely touching it every game and Berry not being able to kick goals. They make our forward line non-existent as far as goal-kicking threats go. Missing a Rosas type big time. I’d consider Farrar for his speed at least after a 5 goal performance.

Anyway, we all saw the deficiencies. I don’t want to rant or think about this anymore.

I’ll wait until tomorrow to see what Dimma has to say and then I’ll try and enjoy my day off.
Jeffrey has to come in now, no point dancing around it.

Besides everything else, I thought that was quite an arrogant coaching job tonight.
Yeah, our structure went to complete sh*t instantly, everyone was too scared to want the footy, there was no forward movement or run at all, and every second hand ball was to nowhere, but that is what it is.
Having Anderson play 5m off Neale the entire first half when he is the one player we should be locking down, or letting Andrews control the backline on Read, and letting Brisbane’s midfield own the centre square because our mids had 0 accountability defensively was just poor coaching, and we should have been better prepared. Night and day compared to last year’s game and super disappointing.

Dimma might be reassessing that "80% already here" after tonight;)
I was having a peak at the stats
Dorko 96%TOG
All the Lions mids were basically over 90%
Our game high was Ned Flanders at 88% with Rowell Anderson Miller all 80/82%
I'm no roatation maestro but would anyone care to comment on that stat as in "Why?"

How many times have we played in front of 30,000+?
It's a sad little facility but it does feel like a bigger venue and with that many spectators I'm sure a few of the boys didn't adjust to the atmosphere either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dorko 96%TOG
I'm no roatation maestro but would anyone care to comment on that stat as in "Why?"
To be fair the Lions probably didn’t have much choice but to play it out given they only had 2 on the bench most of the game.
Not that it mattered cos we spent all our tickets jogging 3m behind our opponent and giving them uncontested marks at will.

To be fair the Lions probably didn’t have much choice but to play it out given they only had 2 on the bench most of the game.
Not that it mattered cos we spent all our tickets jogging 3m behind our opponent and giving them uncontested marks at will.
Oh yeah-forgot their injury woes.
Even more of an indictment on our performance

Dorko 96%TOG
Am I missing something? Pretty obvious Lions players had to play high minutes due to having only 2 players on bench for 3 quarters. Lions interchanges 47/75.

Dimma can’t make the players chase or man up, they were pathetic from the 3 min mark of the first quarter, surely the coach doesn’t have to tell you to not let your man beat you
When is it time to put some heat on Dimma? Haha. This was game #8 and it's his job to prepare players. They were not ready to go and did not give a yelp for the whole game.

I can't imagine what would happen if Lions were not decimated by injuries.

To be honest, this was the worst performance ever for me (or I can't remember).

I just got home and that performance was very concerning.
Lifeless Spiritless and effortless.
Brisbane should have won by 80 points and they were 2 men down and Cameron was on one leg.
Absolutely pathetic.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s an absolute crisis Eppo something’s gotta change for real. Sick of our players/club not stepping up to the plate when there’s something on the line. We are so inept when it comes to winning when it matters (top 8 spot if we won)

When is it time to put some heat on Dimma? Haha. This was game #8 and it's his job to prepare players. They were not ready to go and did not give a yelp for the whole game.

I can't imagine what would happen if Lions were not decimated by injuries.

To be honest, this is the worst performance ever for me (or I can't remember).
Terrible performance, but the blame lies with Touk, Swallow and the other old heads IMO, they were disgraceful tonight, Lukos young but I would add him to the sorbet tissue brigade as well

Terrible performance, but the blame lies with Touk, Swallow and the other old heads IMO, they were disgraceful tonight, Lukos young but I would add him to the sorbet tissue brigade as well
Let's wait and see what you have to say if we don't make finals with a healthy list and have a couple more performances like this (which looks quite possible). We really did not play good teams so far except GWS.

I'm done with this club.
Wont be spending a cent more on going to games.
Team is going nowhere
My guy your alias is literally signposting that you're a Melbourne supporter.

Be thankful I've had my fill of beating Brisbane trolls about the head for the night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back