Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

But surely you can see it wont include pick 5 because if it was Adelaide would just get him to nominate for the ND and take him with that pick 5 (not the PSD) and GC get nothing.
Therefore pick 5 is the absolute maximum it could be. But because of that crows will be able to offer and do it with less than pick 5 and they will. I hope suns get offered the 2023 first as its fair and who knows could be pick 1! stranger things have happened.
If you want to drag Rankine through ND and use pick 5 there be my guest. Suns will not accept future first. You really don't understand Suns situation.

But surely you can see it wont include pick 5 because if it was Adelaide would just get him to nominate for the ND and take him with that pick 5 (not the PSD) and GC get nothing.
Therefore pick 5 is the absolute maximum it could be. But because of that crows will be able to offer and do it with less than pick 5 and they will. I hope suns get offered the 2023 first as its fair and who knows could be pick 1! stranger things have happened.
I hope you go back to the main board with 2023 first

Vile creatures they are. My experience at Adelaide Oval was all I needed to know that they are disgusting ill mannered cretins. We were spat on, verbally abused, flipped off, assaulted and had food/drinks thrown at us. Their inability to have any regard for another persons welfare and wellbeing baffles me.

Disgusting pigs. Not surprised at their behaviour after reading this.

So Adelaide wouldn't trade pick 5 but instead use pick 5 to draft Rankine. That's some 4d chess right there, as I've said.

It's 1 pick for a player who's had 4 years on AFL experience and has excelled at it, who also hasn't reached his peak.

And who's to say he goes to Adelaide at 5?
West Coast have cash, North have Cash (and Clarko), hell Essendon have cash and want Rankine.

Trade pick 5 for rankine, we'll probably send a 2nd back, it's a win for Adelaide and a bitter pill to swallow for us.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Adelaide wouldn't trade pick 5 but instead use pick 5 to draft Rankine. That's some 4d chess right there, as I've said.

It's 1 pick for a player who's had 4 years on AFL experience and has excelled at it, who also hasn't reached his peak.

And who's to say he goes to Adelaide at 5?
West Coast have cash, North have Cash (and Clarko), hell Essendon have cash and want Rankine.

Trade pick 5 for rankine, we'll probably send a 2nd back, it's a win for Adelaide and a bitter pill to swallow for us.

Its not what they will do its the threat of what they can do which will drive a deal of not pick 5. Adelaide doesnt need a 2nd back. lets see what happens its only our opinions not the clubs and we can only predict how we think they will see it.

its going to come out but we believe his manager approached adelaide in march. he wants to return home and play for the club he barracks for.... look at us we lost phil davis, lever, gunston, cameron, who all wanted to return home we know what its like just as much as you
Even though it's been reported already that Dimi Parhas told suns management that he wouldn't trade another indigenous player to Adelaide at the start of the season.

I dont really care if we get pick 5 or not the footy gods will sort it out, some of our best players are not high draft picks, Touk, Chol, Ballard, Collins, Powel, Witts etc. “Some” Crows fans I fear suffer from a small minded mentality, instead of celebrating that a player like Izak is prepared to play for them they want to Underpay thinking it will be a double win, if history has shown us anything it’s that you reap what you sow.

Examples, Carlton and the Cripps debacle, the crows and the Crouch attempted compo Rort, Carlton salary cap cheating, Essendon and it’s need to WIN every trade, all these clubs have been subpar since they adopted this small minded mentality. In the end he is one player, the club and its integrity needs to be paramount, if that means sending him to North and getting nothing then so be it, we haven’t missed Martin and it could be argued that the place is better for not having him and taking a stand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think all

You do understand Snowtown a little better when you read the Adelaide board I reckon
I was born and raised in Adelaide - it was called the Ar-hole of Australia then - nothing's changed. Adelaide is to Australia what Kansas City is to the USA. Many leave and few go back - Izak might find out why if he maintains this stance.

I was born and raised in Adelaide - it was called the Ar-hole of Australia then - nothing's changed. Adelaide is to Australia what Kansas City is to the USA. Many leave and few go back - Izak might find out why if he maintains this stance.
To be fair when your young you don't realise that. I was 10 when I left and it wasn't until I went back at 21 that I realised how shit it was and I now call myself a proud Queenslander. Granted I'm not a fan of my extended family they're a little bit weird.

To be fair when your young you don't realise that. I was 10 when I left and it wasn't until I went back at 21 that I realised how s**t it was and I now call myself a proud Queenslander. Granted I'm not a fan of my extended family they're a little bit weird.
I hear your extended family are on the Crows board.

Listening to SEN, it looks like Cochrane touched a nerve of some people with money talks. Two other Cochrane's remarks were also spot on. Players disappointed as they expected all were in it together and a lot of investment put into Rankine to become AFL player including Dew. I do feel for Dew.

The interesting thing Cochrane mentioned is that Rankine has an arthritic hip. Obviously manageable at the moment.

Listening to SEN, it looks like Cochrane touched a nerve of some people with money talks. Two other Cochrane's remarks were also spot on. Players disappointed as they expected all were in it together and a lot of investment put into Rankine to become AFL player including Dew. I do feel for Dew.

The interesting thing Cochrane mentioned is that Rankine has an arthritic hip. Obviously manageable at the moment.
Feel a bit uncomfortable with him talking about that last sentence, his governance isn't in the football or medical space, and him just talking about information like that is a bit... Weird.

Feel a bit uncomfortable with him talking about that last sentence, his governance isn't in the football or medical space, and him just talking about information like that is a bit... Weird.
Agree, I would not disclose that info. I guess he wanted to show the investment Suns made into Rankine and disappointment got better of him. Cochrane did the same with JOM, when he mentioned sending JOM to Germany for surgery on patella tendons to deal with tendinitis.

Izak came in 10th in the B&F last night - which is about right given he played a few good games and a lot of so so ones. I'm waiting to see who comes in 10th for the Crows in their voting. Should give an interesting comparison to value etc.

Agree, I would not disclose that info. I guess he wanted to show the investment Suns made into Rankine and disappointment got better of him. Cochrane did the same with JOM, when he mentioned sending JOM to Germany for surgery on patella tendons to deal with tendinitis.
Tactics, crook shoulder ongoing concerns and an arthritic hip. Create some doubt and you also don't need to be a medico to mention treatment was given for an ailment affecting a player's fitness. It's not over yet and good to see Izak was at the B&F last night BUT even more interested to find out how the rest of the boys interacted with him. Hopefully trying to still win him back and not treat him like a pariah - until he's gone!

Tactics, crook shoulder ongoing concerns and an arthritic hip. Create some doubt and you also don't need to be a medico to mention treatment was given for an ailment affecting a player's fitness. It's not over yet and good to see Izak was at the B&F last night BUT even more interested to find out how the rest of the boys interacted with him. Hopefully trying to still win him back and not treat him like a pariah - until he's gone!
Just wondering what shoulder operation Rankine had. It originally happened in Port game. For sure, I thought he dislocated his shoulder looking at replay. Then Dew mentioned, he had 3-4 re-occurrences since then. So my guess would be subluxations. I doubt, Rankine would be able to go to B&F after full reconstruction a couple of day ago. But who knows.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back