Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh the video broadcast in Melbourne was alot worse then the Queensland version.
He was dead silent and didn’t want to talk at all.
U got the nice edited cut where he atleast mumbled
Not sure if knows how to handle the media yet, as they said in the video though Rankine was told to keep quiet by his manager about any trade.

“Adelaide is likely to secure star Gold Coast forward Izak Rankine for the club’s No. 5 selection and a 2023 draft pick as late as a third-rounder after strong progress in recent talks”.

Some serious melts from Crows fans coming if this turns out correct.
Adelaide is likely to secure star Gold Coast forward Izak Rankine for the club’s No. 5 selection and a 2023 draft pick as late as a third-rounder after strong progress in recent talks.
The Suns have made clear they require the Crows’ first pick, which will drift back to No. 6 after a matched bid for Brisbane father-son Will Ashcroft.
But with the Suns collecting draft points for academy players including young academy forward Jed Walter next year, they will also want another selection in the 2023 national draft.
The Suns already have multiple picks in this year’s draft they will swap for picks in the 2023 draft, including some of selections 25, 31 and 34.
They value Rankine in a similar bracket to Fremantle’s Adam Cerra, who moved to Carlton last year for pick six and a future third-rounder.
The progress means Rankine is a certainty to find his way to Adelaide rather than the deal becoming embroiled in acrimony.
The Suns will trade out their own No. 7 draft selection to a club prepared to absorb Jack Bowes’ $1 million plus contract for 2023-4 so are keen to secure an early top-10 selection.
But given the evenness of the early top eight selections they are unlikely to try to trade up to get higher in the draft despite having the draft capital to achieve that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone reckon this may well fall over.
Izak sure looks like a guy who may be thinking "What Have I Done"

I'd welcome him back. Would you guys?

I'd pick him up from the airport and elbow reporters out the way. For the proposed trade capital though am happy to send him off. Crows fans must be livid how much they are paying though, might well be paying more than Freo will for Jackson!

Just ran into izak in bundall. He looked miserable AF. No idea what's going on in his life but it's far from the happy go lucky bloke I met last year.
It got to be family issues. Cameron quote was telling
The club is crestfallen to lose Rankine to Adelaide but knows his family motivations for returning home were out of their control.

“This footy club did everything right for Izak. There is a scenario around his family that we can’t solve,” he said.

Just ran into izak in bundall. He looked miserable AF. No idea what's going on in his life but it's far from the happy go lucky bloke I met last year.

Sad to see really. Can see him struggling next year tbh.

Anyone reckon this may well fall over.
Izak sure looks like a guy who may be thinking "What Have I Done"

I'd welcome him back. Would you guys?
arrested-development-season1.gif

only saw him once around emerald lakes and he seemed happy and said hello. hopefully whatever he's going through he can work through it.

i feel like most of us would welcome him back with open arms.
Yeah, I am minority. I don't want him around. Players, coaches pleaded repeatedly with him. Suns even invited his farther and other family members for Cats game weekend. He made his decision, good luck to him. For me it's time to move on from Rankine.

Based on Port GM's interview it looks like Rankine actually made his decision a long time ago.

Izak Rankine (Gold Coast to Adelaide)​

Were the Power ever a chance?

Rankine was very keen to get to Adelaide for whatever reason from very early on and we weren’t in that conversation.

“As much I can wish the Crows all the best, good luck getting it done and well done for getting him there.”

Last edited:
Just muddied the waters a bit on Adelaide board.
Not up to Yeeted Suns class,but should get a few nibbles....

Gee they are a salty bunch eh?

I don't dare venture over there to cause a stir. Let them be delusional in their playground. We are afforded the same right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Izak Rankine off to Adelaide. Pick 5 obtained as expected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back