Jacinta Allan - Leading a zombie government

Remove this Banner Ad

You think it'll be quicker to get off a train at Cheltenham, change to an SRL service (10 min transfer), then transfer again at Box Hill? Journey time currently says 22 minutes on SRL (bound to increase), plus 15 mins from Box Hill to Glenferrie

That's 57 mins.

Cheltenham to Glenferrie on the current network takes 35 minutes in the peak period, that includes the transfer. Even if you take away the transfer time on SRL if it's amazingly good, it's still 2 minutes longer just in journey time.
You are doing ungenerous estimates one way, and under selling a known quantity the other.

Cheltenham to Glenferrie typically takes around 50+ minutes.

Arguing over a matter of minutes..

Tell me, how long does it take someone to get to Melbourne from Melton on a Metro train?
Well that's my point.

Regardless of your position on the SRL, the claim that the same journey will increase times isn't a serious argument.

Also, the positioning on Monash campus is designed so that you have an exit for students and an exit into the research/innovation precinct which is going to be dramatically developed. Ignoring one group entirely would be a huge mistake. Likewise much of the on campus accommodation is close to the site.

Well that's my point.

Regardless of your position on the SRL, the claim that the same journey will increase times isn't a serious argument.

Also, the positioning on Monash campus is designed so that you have an exit for students and an exit into the research/innovation precinct which is going to be dramatically developed. Ignoring one group entirely would be a huge mistake. Likewise much of the on campus accommodation is close to the site.

Almost hard to figure out why the ALP's polling in the West is in freefall.

Well that's my point.

It's only going to make journeys better for a very few trips. Most of which, according to the business case, aren't even occurring yet.

Meanwhile, the people in the west won't get a metro service for another decade or two because all the money is being spent supporting people moving into apartments in 5 narrow catchments which already have fantastic public transport.

And we're each paying $5,000 per person for the capex on it. Most people who will use SRL don't even live in Victoria yet, or are not old enough to be catching public transport yet. But people in the west are getting a brand new tolled river crossing instead of PT.

Well that's my point.

I'll bet you any donation to charity you like that after SRL opens, it will be quicker to get from Frankston to Glenferrie via Richmond than via the SRL. The TfL overland orbital is by far the least used line on the network.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacinta Allan - Leading a zombie government

Remove this Banner Ad

Back