Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's done. Looked like he was running around with a stick up his arse this year.

He's either going to be a very well paid VFL player for two years or he'll be setting back our AFL forward line's development.
To be fair 450k a year wouldn’t be too far off a fair few players who play vfl

What did the Dr find during the medical? Hopefully a player that can bring us some much needed experience. Best is passed him ,sure ,but he has kicked over 500 goals. Knows something about playing forward you would think.

Austin Powers Movie GIF

Just his contract size!

Don't like this at all. But its happening.

Cannot believe we arent into Riccardi.

This also says to me we will be drafting a key forward at our first pick, which i'm okay with, but we should be doing our best to get creative with the pick.
Reckon we would have asked the question, there is always the potential he would prefer to play for Collingwood, who also needs a KPF if he comes back to Melbourne before us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok so this is how i se it playing out, Darling firstly annoyed at the melbourne spring weather finally realises apon arriving at arden st that we only have a coffee cart, promptly jumps back on a plane to WA with milder weather and a cafe at the Weagles complex. brady heard muttering in the background, well we tried...

The only way this makes sense is if we get 2-3 talls through the draft, rookie draft and/or trade and tie a rope between them, goad, maley and Jack.

Need to make some tough calls on guys like biggie, pink, sellers etc.

cafe at the Weagles complex.
I can confirm that it is a Hungry Jacks

Hungry Jack’s will launch a new “pop-up” style Hungry Jack’s at Mineral Resources Park, revamping the Perth Football Club canteen. Fans will be able to enjoy a select Hungry Jack’s menu when they come to support their team during WAFL games, AFLW games and other community events

I’ve lost faith in the list management team.

And if it’s true this is a Clarko call, then he needs to be stripped of his list management powers too. Stephens looks like a shocking call which he pushed for 12 months ago.

Hate it.

I don’t mind this move at all. We’ve tried so many options over the last two years to help Larkey with a second tall forward. Nothing has consistently worked. I wonder why the coaches think Teakle can’t do that role though.
they'll both be in the side

darling is replacing pink

teakle will still second ruck and play forward, his only real competition is CCJ and Finnbar

Did Jack tour the facilities. Can see the look of disdain when he asks for a coffee and we point to the kettle and tin of Nescafé

Nescafe? Caterers Blend or Pablo more likely.

Darling firstly annoyed at the melbourne spring weather finally realises apon arriving at arden st that we only have a coffee cart
I checked on snopes.com to validate the North Melbourne coffee cart story as I thought it was an urban myth...

Snopes linked directly to this thread and mentioned something about there being plans for a coffee care under consideration although the topic is somewhat sensitive and should be avoided where possible.

We'll know in 12 months time whether this is a good decision or not, in the meantime I'm going to keep an open mind. When we moved Pink forward we were much better structurally and whilst Pink was serviceable on a few occasions I think (hope) Darling will have more impact. If Darling's presence in our forward line means Larkey can return to being a 70+ goal forward then that's a good thing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back