Player Watch #23: Geordie Payne - Pick 1 2024 MSD - Welcome to NM!

Remove this Banner Ad

too early to delist them?

Pagan wanted Boomer to rock up the day after being drafted. We give these kids an extra week to say goodbye to mummy:drunk:

I don't care if that's what the club said. I would have been at Arden Street at 5.55am knocking on the doors the following day asking to train the house down.
Then you would have racked up a couple of parking infringements before training started.

too early to delist them?

Pagan wanted Boomer to rock up the day after being drafted. We give these kids an extra week to say goodbye to mummy:drunk:

I don't care if that's what the club said. I would have been at Arden Street at 5.55am knocking on the doors the following day asking to train the house down.
Almost like Boomer lived in Victoria when drafted.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha, its like we've recruited two players from the polar opposites of the personality spectrum.

A beaming, happy-go-lucky extrovert and a perpetually scowling grouch.

It's got the makings of an 80s buddy film. Stick 'em in the same forward line, who knows what sparks may fly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just flat out refuse to believe that a 4 time premiership coach would oversee low training standards. It would be incongruous.
A multiple flag winning senior coach, with an assistant who coached to a GF last season and other assistants who have been part of high performance at other clubs - I have to believe they know what is required (and definitely more than random fans know).

I there's a misunderstanding about what training standards mean. Clarko has acknowledged the training standards need improving, but he's not talking about players not caring or pushing themselves.

Training standards, like playing standards, are impacted by skill level, decision making, understanding of the game, levels of on-field talk and direction etc. Young teams usually aren't as good at those things as more experienced teams.

North has a list that gravely lacks mature, talented players and experienced leaders, and it is going to take time for the training standards to catch up with the best teams in the comp. Unfortunately it can't happen overnight.

A multiple flag winning senior coach, with an assistant who coached to a GF last season and other assistants who have been part of high performance at other clubs - I have to believe they know what is required (and definitely more than random fans know).
Go back to when we traded Brown, or even further. Significant revolving door of coaching staff since then.

I just cannot believe that with so many coaches through the doors, not a single one of them said:
"Hang on, at the club I just came from, we trained 3x harder than this".
Or hell, suggested some training drills that might be good to add.

I there's a misunderstanding about what training standards mean. Clarko has acknowledged the training standards need improving, but he's not talking about players not caring or pushing themselves.

Training standards, like playing standards, are impacted by skill level, decision making, understanding of the game, levels of on-field talk and direction etc. Young teams usually aren't as good at those things as more experienced teams.

North has a list that gravely lacks mature, talented players and experienced leaders, and it is going to take time for the training standards to catch up with the best teams in the comp. Unfortunately it can't happen overnight.

Yes absolutely. The key point that a number of people seem to have missed is that training standards is not the same as training intensity or training effort.

But it’s the young guys on the field who look like they’re playing with better standards 🥺🥺

Daniel Gorringe was quite specific, there are big man and small man numbers.

We need to swap them around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back