Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

its low risk, there won't be much to regret
he won't be clogging the list for more than 2 years, really just need him to be a foil for 12 months

gives us the experience, strong body, training standards, can play his second year in the vfl

When you're knowingly taken someone who is going to clog your list for any amount of time, it doesn't get much worse than that from a list management perspective in my mind.

FF: Curtis Larkey Darling
HF: Teakle Comben Zurhaar

Looks good. Dynamic.
If we don’t mark it we are in serious trouble at ground level.

FF Curtis Larkey Duursma
HF Zurhaar Darling/Comben RHJ/traded in small fwd

Sheezel, Simpkin and Parker to rest/rotate through as well.

Good deal for North. 2x better then Drew Petrie when he came to WCE

Season 5 No GIF by The Office
Happy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

FF: Curtis Larkey Darling
HF: Teakle Comben Zurhaar

Looks good. Dynamic.
Don’t mind Larkey at CHF. Unless we are winning the midfield battle convincingly and he has a favourable matchup, this year proved that in about half of our matches he was wasted at FF.

For Comben to be effective at FF, we need 1-2 crumbers at his feet.

CHF: Duursma Larkey Curtis
FF: Darling Comben (small forward)

M/F rotation: Sheezel, Parker, Simpkin.

I:Teakle/Zurhaar

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggie, Teakle, CCJ, Pink, and now Darling. That will make five list places used on VFL quality talls who aren't in our long-term plans.

Surely we are going to payout a couple of these spuds.
It’s absolutely horrific list management.

Quinten Lynch 2.0

We haven't actually drafted any tall forwards to step up.
Other than Cadman, who were our options? We can't say we had a chance with the trade period. We did our best with that.

I still feel our forwards simply do not work hard enough to spread and create space. Which is Darling's bread and butter. It's not the contested marks, it's the clogged nature of our forward line that is due to lack of creativity.

We've had to reset our rebuild plans everytime a coach is fired and the next regime comes in. That instability and mismanagement falls ultimately on the club.

Have you noticed that we've been trading for needs recently and drafting for long term? We'll probably take a tall forward in this draft period.

Other than Cadman, who were our options? We can't say we had a chance with the trade period. We did our best with that.

I still feel our forwards simply do not work hard enough to spread and create space. Which is Darling's bread and butter. It's not the contested marks, it's the clogged nature of our forward line that is due to lack of creativity.

We've had to reset our rebuild plans everytime a coach is fired and the next regime comes in. That instability and mismanagement falls ultimately on the club.

Have you noticed that we've been trading for needs recently and drafting for long term? We'll probably take a tall forward in this draft period.
Amiss

I recall a lot of the same negative comments when we picked up Jarrad Waite.

Both will be 32 when they play their first game.

I really get supporters frustration at this overall. We have watched the worst team of all time for years under the constant rhetoric that we are rebuilding.

We have botched this so bad we are going after blokes 30 plus an obviously past their best, to fill numerous gaps we should have well filled by now.

In no way can this be sold any other way than a total failure of the whole list management team and this rebuild overall.

But, we need to do it. There is no other choice. We had Pink and Teakle as our second and third forwards last year.

Our only other option is Chom , who is better down back and CCJ who is ordinary and coming off a serious injury.

Darling is a better option than any of the above by a distance (except Chom).

I’m assuming the plan is to draft a young key forward and have Darling up there to help out him and let Larkey do his thing.

Don’t mind Larkey at CHF. Unless we are winning the midfield battle convincingly and he has a favourable matchup, this year proved that in about half of our matches he was wasted at FF.

For Comben to be effective at FF, we need 1-2 crumbers at his feet.

CHF: Duursma Larkey Curtis
FF: Darling Comben (small forward)

M/F rotation: Sheezel, Parker, Simpkin.

I:Teakle/Zurhaar
Small forward = Jy Simpkin

The fact is, we wouldn't consider him if our current options were good enough.

So I wouldn't be mad at our list managers or Clarko, I'd be pissed at our current players not stepping up to the plate.
The list managers are the ones ignoring drafting KPF’s and that’s why we go shopping in the bargain bin for the likes of Darling, Pink and co

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back