Confirmed Jack Darling [traded to North for Pick #67]

Remove this Banner Ad

He literally costs nothing. Its taking a chance on out of date yoghurt still maybe being good before turning sour.
Complete waste of time. Draft a kid and play them, darling is one of the more cooked blokes around. Good on him fleecing a bad club out of another contract but it's dumb tbh. Also better options around if they were keen on an old guy playing

Complete waste of time. Draft a kid and play them, darling is one of the more cooked blokes around. Good on him fleecing a bad club out of another contract but it's dumb tbh. Also better options around if they were keen on an old guy playing

They have 20 kids who have to deal with being flogged every single week.

Clubs dont go from that to winning.

Darling has seen success and can offer leadership and wont drop his shoulders. Like Shiels. He provides work ethic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't see many of these late career moves for big forwards. Probably a good thing for North because they don't have any veterans in their forward line.

I assume it's leadership for a team that has never experienced finals. Almost like a player coach. I think it's a good idea.

Glad he gets to extend his career but sad he won't get to 300 with us
I hate that.... Being stuck on 1 or 2 games short of 300 games.

Good too see Darling make it to 300 games.

I wont be shocked if Jack Darling has his 300th AFL game vs the Eagles.

Saying that, Mick Martyn played 287 games for North Melbourne.

Dennis Pagan got him in the 2003 preseason draft for Carlton. Martyn played those 13 games to make it to 300 games.

Funny thing is, Brisbane should of been the one to trade in to get Jack Darling for a season or 2.

They can do both. They were alternating between Pink and Teakle for 2024 as the second forward. Darling is a clear upgrade on those two, and every young forward needs time to get their stuff together in the seconds. If there's an element of Darling's game that hasnt depleted, it's his work rate. Will do a lot for the Kangaroos' forward group for two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Jack Darling [traded to North for Pick #67]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back