News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

We don’t need underground car parking as it does nothing for us. We haven’t needed it to now and it’s only there for a few hundred stuck up parasites. We are in Richmond a green area and public transportation and bicycles are the go. Plus there is heaps of parking next door at a cheap rate. The car park space should be for actual infrastructure that the club and members can use. It’s a liability and an unnecessary cost. The bulldogs kennel is top notch in comparison to what we’re getting.
The MCC is chipping in to pay for it, there is hardly any parking there during business hours and the new building will house the aligned leisure business as well as all the other team and education stuff. Its time everyone stopped whinging and got on board, our club is NOT run by a bunch of fck witts.

The MCC is chipping in to pay for it, there is hardly any parking there during business hours and the new building will house the aligned leisure business as well as all the other team and education stuff. Its time everyone stopped whinging and got on board, our club is NOT run by a bunch of fck witts.
Who gives a fxxk as it isn’t an issue now and it’s only there for a few dignitaries arseholes. It is absorbing 20% of the costs for a few hundred useless arseholes. Absolute nonsense and of no benefit to 100000 members , visitors from other clubs or players facilities.

Who gives a fxxk as it isn’t an issue now and it’s only there for a few dignitaries arseholes. It is absorbing 20% of the costs for a few hundred useless arseholes. Absolute nonsense and of no benefit to 100000 members , visitors from other clubs or players facilities.
Its not for dignitaries, its to house the business as well as customers and players, get informed maybe drive down there during the week and see if you get a parking spot

Its not for dignitaries, its to house the business as well as customers and players, get informed maybe drive down there during the week and see if you get a parking spot
Seriously are you so gullible? We haven’t needed it to now and the last thing we want is more cars in Richmond.
It’s costing 20 mil for a few hundred arseholes. I’m sorry that’s gluttony and for the upper echelon. It’s amateur accounting and members weren’t fooled. The digital bricks campaign was the eye opener and they closed their wallets and purses.
I told you weeks ago you were out of your depth on this , yet you keep spinning the company line. They’ve now changed their tact by throwing a raffle and offering a few carrots The whole thing has been run by amateurs and that’s why they’re begging for money. All of this is about them and little for the members and the tribe has spoken against it by giving little or none.

Seriously are you so gullible? We haven’t needed it to now and the last thing we want is more cars in Richmond.
It’s costing 20 mil for a few hundred arseholes. I’m sorry that’s gluttony and for the upper echelon. It’s amateur accounting and members weren’t fooled. The digital bricks campaign was the eye opener and they closed their wallets and purses.
I told you weeks ago you were out of your depth on this , yet you keep spinning the company line. They’ve now changed their tact by throwing a raffle and offering a few carrots The whole thing has been run by amateurs and that’s why they’re begging for money. All of this is about them and little for the members and the tribe has spoken.
Mate get a grip, there will be no parking in Yarra Park this weekend, look to the future lets say 20 years there are 150 staff at the football club now what will it be in the future? you have lost the plot with your moth-ridden wallet and old-fashioned ideas. Thankfully its happening regardless of what you think so sit on that and spin

Mate get a grip, there will be no parking in Yarra Park this weekend, look to the future lets say 20 years there are 150 staff at the football club now what will it be in the future? you have lost the plot with your moth-ridden wallet and old-fashioned ideas. Thankfully its happening regardless of what you think so sit on that and spin
lol
100,000 a car park .It’s the 21st century ffs

Last edited:
I feel like if the club wanted to raise and pay 200 million for a new tin shed some posters here would defend the decision all the way to bankruptcy.

Sharpen up.
id just want to see what a 200m dollar tin shed looks like tbh

Are they chipping in the full cost of the car park? Coz otherwise it's a bloody waste of money in my opinion.

I feel like if the club wanted to raise and pay 200 million for a new tin shed some posters here would defend the decision all the way to bankruptcy.

Sharpen up.
We are not going bankrupt over this development, don't panic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad at all...doggies doing very nicely here!
I remember the old car park behind the Stadium with it's big tall trees...big empty old space!
The walk to the ground across the main road from the Rising Sun Hotel...pre game drinkies!
It all looks so different now, how times have changed...
campaigner of a ground

Have you seen the price of a carpark to buy in and around the CBD?
So if there’s 200 spaces and 150 spaces are used by staff and players , can you give us a business case for that

It works out a 100k a parking spot. 😜
So they maybe have income from 50 spots (assuming 150 ) are taken by staff and players just throwing numbers about , let’s say 50 bucks a day that’s 12500 a week ,

20,000,000 divided by 12500 = 31 years approx ROI not factoring interest repayments , does that sound about right?

beema limapep your thoughts ?

Pretty simplistic but

So they maybe have income from 50 spots (assuming 150 ) are taken by staff and players just throwing numbers about , let’s say 50 bucks a day that’s 12500 a week ,

20,000,000 divided by 12500 = 31 years approx ROI not factoring interest repayments , does that sound about right?

beema limapep your thoughts ?

Pretty simplistic but
They will make next to nothing after car park staffing, insurance, maintenance, interest . Office processing etc etc.
I think you can park cheaper also nearby. You’re banking on every park is sold daily and if it’s available.
What will happen sponsors, other business members , family and friends will occupy some.
It’s absolute madness and should be scrapped.

I'm more likely to buy a raffle ticket that gives me a very slight chance at something tangible for $10 than a digital brick that will probably be lost in the ether within a few short months/years. The more I think about it the more I can't help but think that the digital bricks are just a hare-brained idea. And as for real bricks being used in the foundation of the proposed development I can imagine that a few get tossed into the concrete to meet the obligation and the rest just get carted off.
Your digital brick being laid

Untitled (36).png

SunshineBoy to be fair iirc I estimated the cost at just under 15mill total however when you consider Eastern Plaza car parking at the tennis centre which is undercover and better located is (on event days) $20 pre booked or $30 drive up and $7.50 on non event days, the number estimates don't appear great.

In 2021 there were 236 event days per year across the whole precinct including mcg.

So averaging the cost to park over a year is $18.80 per space per day.

If 50 car spaces are rented out every day at capacity for $18.80 a day it's about a 43 years pay back for the whole car park, not including interest or anything else that may be possible factors like TigerImposter mentioned.

Last edited:
has the digital brick campagin finished yet?
Raised $460K of the $1M Target

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back