News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

We are literally scrutinising about 10-15% of the project. Not shit canning the lot.

The issue is the triple basement for 270-280 spaces to replace the existing 110-120 or so. Players and core FT staff are fine. The + 160 is excessive for a total cost of 15 mill when they are asking members to pay under the current economic circumstances.

Build an integrated above ground car park and stop the welfare fore silvertails.

We wouldn’t get a permit for above ground , council would say it’s not @#&# chadstone

So how do our players get inside the Gee without seeing the public? You answered my question? So what is the difference then if they have private parking at the Gee? lol Do you understand my point.?
It's unnecessary to build the 20mil carpark
MCG and Punt rd are two different facilities that both need their own parking facilities

When punt road is being used for the VFL the players can’t park at the MCG on weekends and Swinburne centre carpark is used for VFL operations and club admin who also use it

and during weekdays the precinct needs adequate parks for our staff of over 150 plus the KGI/Houli foundation plus guests

MCG and Punt rd are two different facilities that both need their own parking facilities

When punt road is being used for the VFL the players can’t park at the MCG on weekends and Swinburne centre carpark is used for VFL operations and club admin who also use it

and during weekdays the precinct needs adequate parks for our staff of over 150 plus the KGI/Houli foundation plus guests
Aligned Leisure as well

They don’t need their own parking facilities as that’s a lie .
Your second sentence is not correct as vfl players can use private spots and officials can use either private or public if private spots aren’t available.
Weekdays Staff can buy their own parking for the day so again nonsense or they can save the environment by using public transportation since we are an environmentally responsible club.

We wouldn’t get a permit for above ground , council would say it’s not @#&# chadstone
Again, if it's integrated into the design of the overall building and done sensitively and tastefully it could look even better than the current design.

There are a number of options from a siting and design perspective from sleeving part of the building in front of the car park where possible to screening and green walls where not. All of these above ground options with minimum car park clearance heights would be cheaper than a triple basement, and the foundations would lend themselves to a single tier stand at the northern end to increase capacity with the savings.

Your second sentence is not correct as vfl players can use private spots and officials can use either private or public if private spots aren’t available.
Weekdays Staff can buy their own parking for the day so again nonsense or they can save the environment by using public transportation since we are an environmentally responsible club.
Lie based on what? Do you work for Yarra council or the MCG or Richmond to know that. I am happy for our staff to continue parking at Puntroad. I am glad I get free on site parking where I work rather then elsewhere.

What are you even talking about at this point?

The new carpark is the private spots you want the vfl to use yet you are saying we don’t need them?

It’s clear you are just trying to be belligerent and not actually sure about what you are arguing against

Just for whatever reason you don’t want a carpark (but I’m not even sure why you don’t want one) and trying to justify any way you can

Again, if it's integrated into the design of the overall building and done sensitively and tastefully it could look even better than the current design.

There are a number of options from a siting and design perspective from sleeving part of the building in front of the car park where possible to screening and green walls where not. All of these above ground options with minimum car park clearance heights would be cheaper than a triple basement, and the foundations would lend themselves to a single tier stand at the northern end to increase capacity with the savings.
Not on the current envelope because it would be using space that the buildings or ground need so it would mean not including the facilities the whole upgrade was designed around in the first place

You are just being silly now
Collingwood players and officials don’t use the public spaces

They use the private parking facilities at the back of AAMI park in between it and the pies facilities
Of which there are half the spaces we are proposing. So do we really need the extra space? If yes, park where they do and walk for 7 minutes rather than charging members 15 million.

Lie based on what? Do you work for Yarra council or the MCG or Richmond to know that. I am happy for our staff to continue parking at Puntroad. I am glad I get free on site parking where I work rather then elsewhere.
Bc there is sufficient private and public parking. They just want us to pay for their permanent spots rather than them footing their annual fee .
I don’t care how happy you feel about it as I don’t have to agree with your happy feelings. I don’t care about your work parking space as it’s irrelevant to this conversation.

Bc there is sufficient private and public parking. They just want us to pay for their permanent spots rather than them footing their annual fee .
I don’t care how happy you feel about it as I don’t have to agree with your happy feelings. I don’t care about your work parking space as it’s irrelevant to this conversation.
If the parking you are taking about is at the mcg then that’s a council issue as well. We don’t have to agree with u either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new carpark is the private spots you want the vfl to use yet you are saying we don’t need them?

It’s clear you are just trying to be belligerent and not actually sure about what you are arguing against

Just for whatever reason you don’t want a carpark (but I’m not even sure why you don’t want one) and trying to justify any way you can
Did you actually read my last dozen posts ? The vfl can use the private spots at the gee if they are afl listed and the stand alone scan use public. Why so complex?

Just a troll

Did you actually read my last dozen posts ? The vfl can use the private spots at the gee if they are afl listed and the stand alone scan use public. Why so complex?
The MCG parks are already being used and set aside there wouldn’t be enough for both AFL and VFL use at the same time when you include essentially 4 full teams all the match officials, doctors, trainers, coaches and media

lalor station is more recent

images
Only the strong survive there

Not on the current envelope because it would be using space that the buildings or ground need so it would mean not including the facilities the whole upgrade was designed around in the first place
I disagree it looks quite possible at the northern end for mine. The stand doesn't wrap around that end and you only need 16.2m (or less) clearance width for parking (dual sided single aisle). Clearance heights for parking are 2.1m iirc so you could have a 3 tiered double sided single aisle above ground access way car park to 6.3m above ground level. shorter than the roof on hour house!

I'll also give you a tid bit over the next flaw in the plans I plan to call out. Have a look at the space created at the southern end of the ground by the oval realignment/reorientation and consider where the claimed 8000 capacity is coming from. It gives the impression its because of the seats in the stand. But is it?

Plenty of options for a redesign.

The MCG parks are already being used and set aside there wouldn’t be enough for both AFL and VFL use at the same time when you include essentially 4 full teams all the match officials, doctors, trainers, coaches and media
So where have they all been parking recently ? lol.
As I said in my first or second or both posts there were plans already for parking in the original plans, but then they blew it out with the underground parking money pit . The original plans must of met the minimum requirements by council as they were approved.

I disagree it looks quite possible at the northern end for mine. The stand doesn't wrap around that end and you only need 16.2m (or less) clearance width for parking (dual sided single aisle). Clearance heights for parking are 2.1m iirc so you could have a 3 tiered double sided single aisle above ground access way car park to 6.3m above ground level. shorter than the roof on hour house!

I'll also give you a tid bit over the next flaw in the plans I plan to call out. Have a look at the space created at the southern end of the ground by the oval realignment/reorientation and consider where the claimed 8000 capacity is coming from. It gives the impression its because of the seats in the stand. But is it?

It would still be a new structure wouldn’t get past the planning stages before the council and locals squash it

I think the problem is, is you have parking above ground, you lose space for facilities.

And I know you have done the drawings, and think it can fit, on the northern end, even with a slim grandstand (which is an idea I actually like btw), but then you have no space for actual indoor facilities for staff and the footy program, which is the main reason for the redevelopment remember

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back