News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

The new sports hall and gym are being built on 2 levels of the car park, so it's not really an either-or kind of thing:
View attachment 2058756
View attachment 2058758

Also worth mentioning the Traffic Impact Assessment Report prepared by One Mile Grid calculated that with the proposed new capacity of 8000, the number of car parking spaces required is 224. The proposed redevelopment will have 260 spaces, so a little more than the bare minimum, with 160 of them on the bottom level.
And there we go its a requirement of the building permit so ..........................the end

The new sports hall and gym are being built on 2 levels of the car park, so it's not really an either-or kind of thing:
View attachment 2058756
View attachment 2058758

Also worth mentioning the Traffic Impact Assessment Report prepared by One Mile Grid calculated that with the proposed new capacity of 8000, the number of car parking spaces required is 224. The proposed redevelopment will have 260 spaces, so a little more than the bare minimum, with 160 of them on the bottom level.
Were they original plans or modified to this as I’m confused as I originally thought they didn’t have as many spots? I can’t recall three levels underground originally mentioned. How did a 67% hike on the original development come to be as it’s against what PPI has increased? I thought these mods blew it out by 20 mil aud and the increase on the project was around another 20 mil aud taking it to 60 +20+20 = 100 mil aud. If I’m incorrect then I apologise to Muddiemoose on original plans , but I’m still confused as to why a 67% hike in inflation?

Were they original plans or modified to this as I’m confused as I originally thought they didn’t have as many spots? I can’t recall three levels underground originally mentioned. How did a 67% hike on the original development come to be as it’s against what PPI has increased? I thought these mods blew it out by 20 mil aud and the increase on the project was around another 20 mil aud taking it to 60 +20+20 = 100 mil aud. If I’m incorrect then I apologise to Muddiemoose on original plans , but I’m still confused as to why a 67% hike in inflation?
Confused..............what a shock

Are you for real? A 67% hike for the same thing in six years and you’re not confused. Is it too hard for you to do the maths?
No but you are making mistake after mistake last night you were quoting numbers that don't even exist so either get off the red or leave the calculations to the accountants

No but you are making mistake after mistake last night you were quoting numbers that don't even exist so either get off the red or leave the calculations to the accountants
What numbers did I quote and what mistakes have I made? I still believe modifications were made to original plans and I will apologise to Muddiemoose IF IF IF I’m wrong.
You still can’t even see that 40mil aud is 67% increase and way over the PPI for six years. It should’ve only been around 20 mil so why 20 mil aud more? Is that too hard for you to understand, so rather than insulting posters on here maybe carefully read what they are trying to say. As you push the company line then push why we are out of pocket by 20 mil aud if no mods were made?

All good mate, I agree the price difference is very stark
I assume the initial amount was merely an estimate (also pre covid) and the current amount the actual quote based off the current market

All good mate, I agree the price difference is very stark
I assume the initial amount was merely an estimate (also pre covid) and the current amount the actual quote based off the current market
I was trying to get dates on the plans shown. I will go to the council website and download them tomorrow if possible.
Still can’t understand why Commonwealth Funding , AFL and State funding didn’t make up the ordinal inflation increase as it wasn’t our fault a pandemic was to take place. They should’ve compensated us and now the project is delayed.

Last edited:
What numbers did I quote and what mistakes have I made? I still believe modifications were made to original plans and I will apologise to Muddiemoose IF IF IF I’m wrong.
You still can’t even see that 40mil aud is 67% increase and way over the PPI for six years. It should’ve only been around 20 mil so why 20 mil aud more? Is that too hard for you to understand, so rather than insulting posters on here maybe carefully read what they are trying to say. As you push the company line then push why we are out of pocket by 20 mil aud if no mods were made?
67% over 6 years is 11.17% p.a average compounding during some of the most difficult supply chain issues ie covid and the 2 wars, hardly astounding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:cow: :pileofpoop: now i know you have NFI, I'm finished with you
Thank god as it’s like talking to someone who has never had a conversation in economics before and are trying to make their point by hurling abuse and insults. This thread will now be better a place. So where is this growth of 67% in six years. 😝

Last edited:
Richmond station is also heritage listed as well.
Wot??? Why?!

charging members 15 million.
Um. They're not though? You're not being charged anything.

at the expense of rank and file members
Buy a digital brick or a raffle ticket, or don't. The club will take out a loan to pay for the development, which will be paid off by club income. Those members willing to will contribute a fraction of the cost. You don't have to.

:cow: :pileofpoop: now i know you have NFI, I'm finished with you

Puts up a link to PPI. Even the heading says PPI grew. lol. But building costs have gone down??? The rate of growth just slowed a bit.
Economics conversation. He needs to stay in his lane.

Puts up a link to PPI. Even the heading says PPI grew. lol. But building costs have gone down??? The rate of growth just slowed a bit.
Economics conversation. He needs to stay in his lane.
67% growth in six years? Can you see it? Building materials have dropped slightly in 12 months. The numbers don’t stack up yet you’re supporting someone who believes inflation has increased 11.17% pa in six years.

Tables clearly show they haven’t. 😝 and are now going down. Maybe club needs to get new quotes. lol 😝

I thought you were an accountant? Or are you a typical back pocket accountant? 😂
If you go by what PRE stated at 11.17 % pa increase over six years .
Compound interest formula tells us the cost would be 113.26 million aud
She used simple interest calculator which gave the 100 mil aud
😝 It’s not a simple calculation like that as the PPI has not been a 67% increase over six years so what she stated was nonsense and that of someone out of their depth.
This is why I told her she was out of her depth months ago.

Goods worth $60 mil in 2018 were worth $74.58 mil aud as of today based on CPI as that’s easier to calculate as Sales Tax for consumer is incorporated

14.58/60= 24%. with annual inflation rate of 3% over six years and not the 11.17% as PRE tried to claim. You don’t do a straight division of the final difference of the principal over the years either as she calculated. She was trying to tell us that inflation was 11.17% pa for the last six years which is nonsense. You should’ve picked that up if you’re an accountant.
So this is why I’m puzzled as to why the project is 40 mil aud over?

Last edited:
The MCG parks are already being used and set aside there wouldn’t be enough for both AFL and VFL use at the same time when you include essentially 4 full teams all the match officials, doctors, trainers, coaches and media
You forgot the 40 field umpires on game day

Original planning was three stages and car park was Stage 2
This article was November 2020 and the project was still pending on final planning approval for Stage one of the planned works . This will see the Punt Road Oval playing surface resized to MCG dimensions, removal of the existing Jack Dyer Stand, construction of new public seating and amenities, female changerooms, community facilities and a function space.
It’s been a complete red tape farce also not only bc of COVID , but RHSV due its age although it wasn’t on the Royal Heritage Registrar. I think the planning costs to date of would easily be 6-8 million aud as final approval was finally done for works to commence in 2023 and still not a brick removed let alone cleaned. Do we have the money to fund it? I don’t believe so as we are passed mid 24 now and the club is still begging for money.
If the club takes out a loan it will probably mean membership price increases to pay for it.

Last edited:
id just want to see what a 200m dollar tin shed looks like tbh
dinner knockout GIF by Outback Steakhouse

Raised $460K of the $1M Target

Anyone know where to submit your EOI for the brick cleaning contract ...

Have you actually tried to attend Punt Road and park there on an AFLW or VFL game day?

I have, in an official capacity for a few AFLW fixtures, and it's a massive issue. There are not enough spaces, it creates a huge safety risk and if the programs (and people attending to weatch) are going to grow, it will become an even greater issue
Catch the train like everyone else ..

asking members for donations when you have a design where the average cost of a carpark is over $50K each is a bit rich ...

The Fake a Brick Campaign hasn't even raised enough money to cover the cost of TEN Carparks ...

Club just takes and takes ... if they were giving away a carpark to a lucky person that donated you could at least pretend that the Club considers members anything more than a revenue source

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back