News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

With the Tele-porters to the MCG
Forget that for the MCG I want one for home as well.

Keanu Reeves Bill Ted 3 GIF by Madman Films

Club just takes and takes
They're not taking anything, mate. You can give, or not give.

I suggest you look at the price of RFC membership compared to say Collingwood. They pay almost twice as much and have to sit in the Ponsford stand. With Collingwood people.

They're not taking anything, mate. You can give, or not give.

I suggest you look at the price of RFC membership compared to say Collingwood. They pay almost twice as much and have to sit in the Ponsford stand. With Collingwood people.

ball disco GIF

I know that they only have your support because they added a disco ball to the plans

Interesting how things change. Back during the 0-3-75 donation back in 2010 I was happy to donate (I think I donated about $1000 at that time). I would like to donate again, but things are different now.

Back then I was young, single and had very little expenses. Now I am married with a couple of kids and a mortgage. I am at an age where I have to think of 20-30 years down the track of my retirement and also how to save up and help my children in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a planning related requirement which is not mandatory. It is usually reduced in areas with good public transport. Sometimes it is met. The club has elected to exceed the requirement which is highly unusual.
Exceed the requirement by f/all

Exceed the requirement by f/all
36 extra unnessesary spaces just an extra "f/all" 2 to 2.5 million dollar cost which apparently the club doesn't have the money for but the fans are being asked to pay for.

Imagine if we put that 2 million dollars into proper things like recruitment, conditioning and player development.

It's a planning related requirement which is not mandatory. It is usually reduced in areas with good public transport. Sometimes it is met. The club has elected to exceed the requirement which is highly unusual.
Maybe read this before knocking it

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://resources.richmondfc.com.au/aflc-rich/document/2022/02/24/e1e77cf2-f264-4bcd-ac6d-ab7816554366/INFORMATION-SESSION.pdf

36 extra unnessesary spaces just an extra "f/all" 2 to 2.5 million dollar cost which apparently the club doesn't have the money for but the fans are being asked to pay for.

Imagine if we put that 2 million dollars into proper things like recruitment, conditioning and player development.
sam winchester yawn GIF

There’s a soft cap on those things. So really you’re just advocating to pay a huge tax bill to the AFL

You’d rather do that then improve our facilities

I'd rather not spend the money at all if it's unnessesary, which the car spaces certainly are in my opinion.
Tomorrow

1722062956097.png

If you read the PDF you will see the MCG is locating disabled parking in the new Punt rd development, here is a snip
1722063197755.png

So what you deem as unneccessary others deem essential to be able to attend games

Tomorrow

View attachment 2060487

If you read the PDF you will see the MCG is locating disabled parking in the new Punt rd development, here is a snip
View attachment 2060491

So what you deem as unneccessary others deem essential to be able to attend games
What’s the point of a carpark, when it is rarely open. Only usually gets open when less than 40k in attendance. I can picture the day with 2 main train stations either side they will permanently close parking.

What’s the point of a carpark, when it is rarely open. Only usually gets open when less than 40k in attendance. I can picture the day with 2 main train stations either side they will permanently close parking.
Its not open tomorrow because its a mud bath

That’s understandable, but in general its closed more then it’s open. Or strong restrictions.
I suppose thats why they want the new accessible parking in the new development at Punt rd, it will be 100% reliable and not subject to weather

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Dyer Stand may go in $60m Punt Road Oval redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back