Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 67 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 71.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He is an interesting choice as captain, as shown by historical dummy spits and his recent responses to both missing a goal when the game was still on the line and the response to Kenny.

Your posts are getting even more desperate.
👆🏼

And yet the club are happy with the way he leads the team now. It is not like there are no other options, Moore would be a great captain yet the club still view Sicily as the best option
All the best captains are called Moore. ;)

We're having fun teasing Sicily but the fact is he is growing into the captaincy. He's displayed more self control recently, and while it's fun to stir because he's had a lapse, he's been good and you'd expect, will get better.

One trap he hasn't fallen into is letting leadership detract from his game. That last quarter was spectacular, and very stirring.

All the best captains are called Moore. ;)

We're having fun teasing Sicily but the fact is he is growing into the captaincy. He's displayed more self control recently, and while it's fun to stir because he's had a lapse, he's been good and you'd expect, will get better.

One trap he hasn't fallen into is letting leadership detract from his game. That last quarter was spectacular, and very stirring.
Think the players would be looking at his example playing with a shoulder that he has dislocated twice through the season and yet was still one of the best players in both finals. Not a bad example to learn from

Think the players would be looking at his example playing with a shoulder that he has dislocated twice through the season and yet was still one of the best players in both finals. Not a bad example to learn from
Lots of ways to be a leader, he shows courage and sets an example for skill. Needs work on his hot head, but his hearts in the right place.

Wish he wouldn't whine and moan so much. Passion isn't turning every situation into an excuse to complain.

Lots of ways to be a leader, he shows courage and sets an example for skill. Needs work on his hot head, but his hearts in the right place.

Wish he wouldn't whine and moan so much. Passion isn't turning every situation into an excuse to complain.
It really isn’t a big deal. Hodge is one of the greatest and best captains ever, and he had a super hot head.

He's a superstar player and you're right that he does lead in many other ways, but with a minute to go he was wallowing over a miss. He can't do that. He's got to be pumping the team up. The game was still on the line. And to then lose it after the match and to then be praised for his leadership in the situation and to then talk proudly about his leadership in the situation... What?

Last edited:
It really isn’t a big deal. Hodge is one of the greatest and best captains ever, and he had a super hot head.
Hodge lost the captaincy for his hotheadedness. Fine leader in many ways but that aspect was a liability and it was only enormous luck with thew tribunal that meant he didn;t cost his club more.

Give me the best hawks mids from 2010s with the best lions mids form 2000s and together they wipe the floor with the best of the rest the judds, the Abletts, the dangerfields even dusty martins (although I’d really find a spot in the team for him.

Hodge lost the captaincy for his hotheadedness. Fine leader in many ways but that aspect was a liability and it was only enormous luck with thew tribunal that meant he didn;t cost his club more.
Hodge never lost the captaincy unless you mean that Mitchell was appointed captain before him

Hodge never lost the captaincy unless you mean that Mitchell was appointed captain before him
Thanks for the correction I expressed that poorly.

Youre right. I was trying to say Hodge was passed over as captain in favour of Mitchell because of his hot headedness, and while Mitchell was a good captain, Hodge was top notch in almost every other area.

Give me the best hawks mids from 2010s with the best lions mids form 2000s and together they wipe the floor with the best of the rest the judds, the Abletts, the dangerfields even dusty martins (although I’d really find a spot in the team for him.
The best of the Hawk mids and the best of the Lions mids would be Voss Aker Black Mitchell.

I think you underrate the superb Cousins Kerr Judd midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the correction I expressed that poorly.

Youre right. I was trying to say Hodge was passed over as captain in favour of Mitchell because of his hot headedness, and while Mitchell was a good captain, Hodge was top notch in almost every other area.

The best of the Hawk mids and the best of the Lions mids would be Voss Aker Black Mitchell.

I think you underrate the superb Cousins Kerr Judd midfield.

We were told hodge and Mitchell were open to co captaincy, but Kennett was not in favour.
Effectively they were co captains
There were a few others at the time who would have been terrific captans

There’s a few now too

We were told hodge and Mitchell were open to co captaincy, but Kennett was not in favour.
Effectively they were co captains
There were a few others at the time who would have been terrific captans

There’s a few now too
Pretty sure overall Hodge is considered the best captain since Voss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back