Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 67 29.0%
  • No

Votes: 164 71.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is where local footy is sometimes better than afl coz there's always a chance some nuffie player with nothing to lose would have just belted an opposition coach doing that aeroplane move (although probably woulda had to be a car impression and you're not driving anywhere instead to make more sense in a more local context)

He was proud of his captain standing up for his teammates but he wouldn’t have been proud of the situation. It’s different.

Sticking up for your mates, teammates etc is something I’d be proud to do aswell.
I can see why you'd want to believe that distinction in what Sammy said. But it's certainly not what Sammy said, he said he was very proud of "the way" Sicily carried on. Perhaps he misspoke.

I can see why you'd want to believe that distinction in what Sammy said. But it's certainly not what Sammy said, he said he was very proud of "the way" Sicily carried on. Perhaps he misspoke.
Didnt say that at all

Go and troll your own boards

Summarizing incorrectly?

Doesn't sound like you
You should apply for a job in Hawthorn leadership . Your sooking is even trumping Sicily. And we all know how highly regarded a leadership trait sooking is at Hawthorn. Sam and Sic told us so.

Your actually sooking about Sicilys action being described as "carrying on". Wow. That's great leadership.

Last edited:
You should apply for a job in Hawthorn leadership . Your sooking is even trumping Sicily. And we all know how highly regarded a leadership trait sooking is at Hawthorn. Sam and Sic told us so.

Your actually sooking about Sicilys action being described as "carrying on". Wow. That's great leadership.

Most of us are critiquing your verbal gymnastics. It’s not like so many posters came here just to post. And it’s so hypocritical for you to pick over others wording.

Sooking?, nah, missed that one

Why are you even in this thread?

Oh thats right, wanting to bitch about a player who you turfed

Its quite sad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of us are critiquing your verbal gymnastics. It’s not like so many posters came here just to post. And it’s so hypocritical for you to pick over others wording.
Why do you allow yourself to be serially-trolled by such gormless idiots ? Just let it go...

This isn't serious discussion in this thread. It isn't funny or entertaining either.
I honestly don't understand what you & the other Hawf posters get out of it.

There's an element of Hawks fans here on the main board who just can't help themselves; who feel they have to constantly feed the Main Board trolls. It's unreal. If it was entertaining witty banter going back & forth, then I wouldn't be so judgmental, but this is just puerile trolling. Some of the worst I've seen here on Big Footy.

Surely you have better things to do with your time???

No verbal gymnastics required. Sammy said clearly that he was "really really proud" of "the way" that Sicily led and that Sicily should be proud of it.

"I’m really really proud of our captain who would’ve been just as emotional. Who was able to stand up and lead in a way that he could be proud of." - Sam Mitchell

If you haven't already, have a listen to Crippa on stage last night, where he spoke about leadership and working on his body language and what he's projecting to his team.

Then watch the conclusion of your semi. See Sicily get incredibly upset and project this is a disaster we've lost while the game was still on the line. And then watch him continue his inability to control his emotions a few minutes later with an uncontrolled dummy spit with teammates holding him back. Then listen to Sammy speak with pride about the way Sicily led. He's actually encouraging his captain to lose his rag in the name of leadership - a captain who has a well publicised difficulty controlling his emotions, which is what this "leadership" amounted to. And that captain appears to have taken it on board, running with Mitchell's words and expressing pride and no regrets in his reaction.

Leadership aside, I think Sicily is the most valuable player in the game, but pride in that leadership is comical, as is Hawk fans getting triggered and arguing when someone points it out. Hopefully Mitchell and Sicily listen to Crippa and reassess their pride, because it's ridiculous. Although I also hope they don't, as it's very very funny.

Last edited:
Sooking?, nah, missed that one

Why are you even in this thread?

Oh thats right, wanting to bitch about a player who you turfed

Its quite sad
I like Ginni and I liked his tweet. He's a cheeky smartarse. It's fun. I'm hoping the AFL world drop the self important seriousness and the redemption arc becomes real, rather than just his cheekiness getting sunffed out, which looks much more likely.

Last edited:
Maybe you’re misinterpreting his words but he was proud of how Sicily backed up his teammates and not in regards to being proud the situation happened at all.

Maybe you’re misinterpreting his words but he was proud of how Sicily backed up his teammates and not in regards to being proud the situation happened at all.
Who was able to stand up and lead in a way that he could be proud of.

I'm certainly not a mind reader, Sammy might have meant something different, but waht he said was Sicily should be proud of the way he led.

To use the current footy lingo, neither Sam or James are the finished product in terms of leadership. I'm not really sure why Hawk fans are so defensive - do you guys expect immediate perfection or expect the footy world to view them as perfect? - it pretty clearly wasn't good leadership from Sicily nor from Sam to encourage Sicily's emotional indulgences.

I view Hawk fans on this as similar to me claiming a Travis Cloke shank at goal was a good kick because I don't want to see him criticised. That's how clear it is to me that Sicily did not lead well - it was a shank, as was Mitchell encouraging it. They both had outstanding years in their jobs, but they're still open to criticism and being laughed at when they're talking rubbish or reacting comically.

Last edited:

Hawthorn have completely cooked you, haven’t they?

Hawthorn have completely cooked you, haven’t they?
There's just a cavalcade of you blokes. Hawk fans who've grown up with their club being great who sook it up at any critical eye of any Hawk action.

I'm just responding to people who are aghast that something Hawk could be criticised.

There's just a cavalcade of you blokes. Hawk fans who've grown up with their club being great who sook it up at any critical eye of any Hawk action.

I'm just responding to people who are aghast that something Hawk could be criticised.
You’re still going.

But it’s the Hawks that are sooking.

Who was able to stand up and lead in a way that he could be proud of.

I'm certainly not a mind reader, Sammy might have meant something different, but waht he said was Sicily should be proud of the way he led.

To use the current footy lingo, neither Sam or James are the finished product in terms of leadership. I'm not really sure why Hawk fans are so defensive - do you guys expect immediate perfection or expect the footy world to view them as perfect? - it pretty clearly wasn't good leadership from Sicily nor from Sam to encourage Sicily's emotional indulgences.

I view Hawk fans on this as similar to me claiming a Travis Cloke shank at goal was a good kick because I don't want to see him criticised. That's how clear it is to me that Sicily did not lead well - it was a shank, as was Mitchell encouraging it. They both had outstanding years in their jobs, but they're still open to criticism and being laughed at when they're talking rubbish or reacting comically.
You literally proved my point.

He is saying he’s proud of how James handled himself to defend his teammates. This is different to being proud that the situation had happened altogether.

They aren’t at their finished leadership potentials, however to say it was poor leadership shows why you’re here making comments, and not in the industry with any substance or value put into what you say.

It’s awfully simple. James defended his teammate in which he and the coach said they were proud of him for doing so and he would do it again, they weren’t proud of the situation for happening and James said this himself, Sam just backed his players in, barely commenting. Speak to anyone within the industry or a lot of individuals and you’ll find Sam is rated as one of the best footy minds in the business, and the way he speaks is incredible.

You’re just wrong here and in this situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back