Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • other

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding the B Mckay trade and other FA last year. They were all overcompensated due to the AFL for whatever reason not accounting for the CBA increases from 2024.

I expect for this reason that this year the compensations will be nowhere as generous as last year.

Great point, agreed that's a bit of a quirk and not the intended outcome (generousity) of the compensation mechanism. I dislike the whole thing because it's the other teams that get pushed back, however I can understand it's the league's way of trying to help out clubs that are battling.

Great point, agreed that's a bit of a quirk and not the intended outcome (generousity) of the compensation mechanism. I dislike the whole thing because it's the other teams that get pushed back, however I can understand it's the league's way of trying to help out clubs that are battling.
Imo that’s why they should get rid of Band 2 compo, atleast then the system is somewhat more geared towards equalisation.

West Coast are crazy to be offering anything that would trigger above band 4 compo.

Is barely an AFL player let alone a player worth 4/650k per year to trigger the band 3ish compo.

West Coast are crazy to be offering anything that would trigger above band 4 compo.

Is barely an AFL player let alone a player worth 4/650k per year to trigger the band 3ish compo.
secret smell GIF

Looks like every other teams supporters know Graham & Baker are "best mates" except Richmond fans

Graham would be no closer to Baker than any other team mate

sure eagles fans want this secret deal to be the thing but thats not how teams work
specially Clarke , When we traded for TT & JH both trades were totally independent

West Coast fans on this board are hilarious.

According to them….

Graham and Baker are best mates and Graham will get more cash in his contract so Baker can get there for unders pick wise.

A 29 year old Barrass with a history of back problems is worth more than a mid first rounder.

The Crows are desperate for Draper so the Eagles pick 2 and their second rounder would be a reasonable swap for pick 4 and Curtain.

According to them….

Graham and Baker are best mates and Graham will get more cash in his contract so Baker can get there for unders pick wise.

A 29 year old Barrass with a history of back problems is worth more than a mid first rounder.

The Crows are desperate for Draper so the Eagles pick 2 and their second rounder would be a reasonable swap for pick 4 and Curtain.
We are not hilarious. We are deluded

A small difference

In saying that we just dont have any need for any of these moves. Its a weird scenario is all. Unless we win these trades none of us would ever want to do them.

With the Curtin trade, think this makes sense more then you are suggesting. When JHF bailed North got less then they paid and JHF was ten times the output of Curtin in his 1 year. Draper to both Eagles and Crows is probably pick 1 given list needs and wants also so that makes a difference also. If Adelaide could turn Curtin into Lukoisus + pick upgrade it probably represents a okay trade all up. A loss but not like a end of the world scenario

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard he is exceptionally loyal as a person and would never in a million years leave Richmond. I commend him for his loyalty and staying at the Tigers on a 3 year deal. He is something I will tell my children to aspire to be
Just waiting for Eagles to increase their offer to Graham
5 years $750k incoming

Big issue of him leaving is if he leaves now, his spot in the Richmond Football Club Hall of Fame will be in jeopardy. Surely he needs to stick it out for another 3 years to sew his spot up yeah?
Don't stress mate, he's already a life member. We will love him from afar.

Thats a massive stretch 😂

It really isn't that massive a stretch.

Media reports Graham looks like he heading to the Eagles as a UFA.

Mid year everyone assumed Baker was going to Freo. Met with Eagles and they turned his head with what was tabled.

Now people saying it's 50 50 wherever goes.

Why is it a massive stretch that Baker chooses the club he supported growing up ( not the one Eagles supporters hate) plus he gets to play alongside one of his best mates.

Not a difficult concept really!

Mid year everyone assumed Baker was going to Freo. Met with Eagles and they turned his head with what was tabled.

Why is it a massive stretch that Baker chooses the club he supported growing up ( not the one Eagles supporters hate) plus he gets to play alongside one of his best mates.

No one assumed that. Most assumed he'd go back to WA at some point but the Freo link has only been there for a little while since they were flying and Eagles were still struggling.

Bakers destination has been a mystery all year.

According to them….

The last one won't happen.

You best be prepared for disappointment on the first two.

Are you really saying clubs don't partake with FA compo shenanigans. Because they do.

As for Barrass that is the price you pay for a player in high demand (4 clubs chasing him) plus being in contract for 3 more years.

So understand your saltiness with Barrass. But Grahan and Baker are both out of contract, one an UFA and neither have four clubs chasing them. Hence why Barrass is valued higher.

For a player I think is VFL material, I would be staggered if the eventual compensation if he left got us a top 30 pick, that's a massive win in my eyes.

Of all the players to be chasing, Jack Graham doesn't make much sense. There's surely a dozen better options that would also be UFAs if you looked hard enough.

The last one won't happen.

You best be prepared for disappointment on the first two.

Are you really saying clubs don't partake with FA compo shenanigans. Because they do.

As for Barrass that is the price you pay for a player in high demand (4 clubs chasing him) plus being in contract for 3 more years.

So understand your saltiness with Barrass. But Grahan and Baker are both out of contract, one an UFA and neither have four clubs chasing them. Hence why Barrass is valued higher.
Reckon Baker is off to Freo.
Which leaves the Eagles holding the can on a fat contract for Graham. Well take whatever the compo is, and you guys get a fine role player.

Unfortunate the two ‘best mates’ may not be playing together but at least they will be in the same state.

Of all the players to be chasing, Jack Graham doesn't make much sense. There's surely a dozen better options that would also be UFAs if you looked hard enough.
There really isnt that many good FAs left, especially if a club is looking to add multiple of them.
Hes still in most teams best 22 at the bottom end, and he tries which is more than can be said for a lot of the west coast list

Remove this Banner Ad

Unrestricted Free Agent Jack Graham [UFA 2024]

Back