Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL I'll ask the same question

How would St Kilda fans taking 'Unders ' if a 1st rounder like a gresham or King decided to leave to come to Richmond for pick #17 or unders

We could just have piss all haggle and a couple of beers afterwards.

The point is that Richmond were very very kind to St Kilda last year to facilitate the Butler to St Kilda deal and as a thank you St Kilda want to haggle
then we hear supporters here saying both sides are good to deal / trade with. Seems to me only 1 side has shown this with the other side penny pinching.

Take you St Kilda glasses off you will see more clearly

All right glasses off lets look at this rationally.

:Jack Higgins drafted to Richmond with pick 17
:Jamie Cripps drafted to St Kilda with pick 24

Jack played 3 seasons, Jamie played 2 seasons. Both had injury interrupted seasons, Yes Jack showed more potential but internally Saints fans were very pleased with his second season and where very excited for the future. Jack didn't see a future in Richmond plans moving forward and was happy to be traded. Jamie was homesick and asked to be trade back to WA.
Jack being known for a famous goal, larrikin type behavior in the huddle and only really one impressive season was traded for a first round pick swap and future second round pick with St Kilda receiving a future forth round pick after a season of 10 games and 5 goals.
Jamie looking likely to in the Saints main 22 was reluctantly traded to West Coast with pick 46 for picks 41 and 44 after a season of 12 games and 9 goals.
Who seemed to do the deal for the benefit of the player and who stated that if a deal couldn't be reached that they would happily keep their player to his contract rather then give him his desired trade.

Butlers deal had nothing to do with this trade but in its own context it is interesting to compare.
Dan was drafted with pick 67, In his first season at the club he had an interrupted year due to a serious knee injury. His first half to his second year started poorly but when told he may not be offered a contract for the following year he regrouped and became the VFL sides top tackler. His 2017 season was a stand out kicking 30 goals and playing in Richmond's premiership side and just missing out on that years 22 under 22 team. In 2018 even though having surgery on his ankle he played 15 games kicking 18 goals and made the I/C for that years 22 under 22 team. Like Jake Dan's final season was limited due to strong depth in his position with Bolton and Castagna and Rioli ahead of them. He played 7 games kicking 5 goals. In 2019 a trade was reached with St Kilda to trade Dan for pick 56.

So a premiership medal winning player with a 30 goal season under his belt and accolades for performance was traded for significantly less then a player with a 15 goal season manly due to where they were originally drafted.

So this in context with the Cripps/Higgins conundrum-
"Seems to me only 1 side has shown this with the other side penny pinching"

200.gif

And you provide me with the ammunition to continue to repeat it with every post you quote and Just shows how much of a great 'BIG' club Richmond is with its own assistance package to the Saints for the 2nd year both on field and also off field with the extra revenue the AFL gets due to big clubs that enable the Saints to receive the 3rd higher financial assistance ($20mil - $21mil 4 years running $4 million above any other melbourne club ) from the AFL. ;)
You've had your say and you're entitled to your opinion ...but going on and on and on about it is rapidly moving you into half back flanker territory.... but hey ...if the shoe fits .... just keep on responding.

All right glasses off lets look at this rationally.

:Jack Higgins drafted to Richmond with pick 17
:Jamie Cripps drafted to St Kilda with pick 24

Jack played 3 seasons, Jamie played 2 seasons. Both had injury interrupted seasons, Yes Jack showed more potential but internally Saints fans were very pleased with his second season and where very excited for the future. Jack didn't see a future in Richmond plans moving forward and was happy to be traded. Jamie was homesick and asked to be trade back to WA.
Jack being known for a famous goal, larrikin type behavior in the huddle and only really one impressive season was traded for a first round pick swap and future second round pick with St Kilda receiving a future forth round pick after a season of 10 games and 5 goals.
Jamie looking likely to in the Saints main 22 was reluctantly traded to West Coast with pick 46 for picks 41 and 44 after a season of 12 games and 9 goals.
Who seemed to do the deal for the benefit of the player and who stated that if a deal couldn't be reached that they would happily keep their player to his contract rather then give him his desired trade.

Butlers deal had nothing to do with this trade but in its own context it is interesting to compare.
Dan was drafted with pick 67, In his first season at the club he had an interrupted year due to a serious knee injury. His first half to his second year started poorly but when told he may not be offered a contract for the following year he regrouped and became the VFL sides top tackler. His 2017 season was a stand out kicking 30 goals and playing in Richmond's premiership side and just missing out on that years 22 under 22 team. In 2018 even though having surgery on his ankle he played 15 games kicking 18 goals and made the I/C for that years 22 under 22 team. Like Jake Dan's final season was limited due to strong depth in his position with Bolton and Castagna and Rioli ahead of them. He played 7 games kicking 5 goals. In 2019 a trade was reached with St Kilda to trade Dan for pick 56.

So a premiership medal winning player with a 30 goal season under his belt and accolades for performance was traded for significantly less then a player with a 15 goal season manly due to where they were originally drafted.

So this in context with the Cripps/Higgins conundrum-
"Seems to me only 1 side has shown this with the other side penny pinching"

200.gif
:rolleyes:
Honestly why did you even bother with all that , I am just doing the exact same dance Mr Bean is about the stupidity of the post and the way you have picked and chosen aspects of the trade that suits your narrative and totally disregarded what was in my posts. :rolleyes:

Next time just post the picture it makes alot more sense

You've had your say and you're entitled to your opinion ...but going on and on and on about it is rapidly moving you into half back flanker territory.... but hey ...if the shoe fits .... just keep on responding.
How am i going on and on when you guys are quoting me and literally waiting for a reply , I would hate to be rude and not answer the questions that are asked
now please dont bring up every terrible trade stkilda has done in its past as i might need to tell you guys how much an injury riddled 30 year old brett deledio
was traded to GWS for a pick #15.

:rolleyes:
Honestly why did you even bother with all that , I am just doing the exact same dance Mr Bean is about the stupidity of the post and the way you have picked and chosen aspects of the trade that suits your narrative and totally disregarded what was in my posts. :rolleyes:

Next time just post the picture it makes alot more sense
tenor.gif

Higgins is going to be a fantastic pickup for us.

Such a smart and creative player

Still looks slow, outside of short distance. and he is not good enough not be a rubbish kick for goal.

Missed one from about a meter and shanked it from 30. Kicking for goal has been disappointing generally.

Has many good attributes though

Still looks slow, outside of short distance. and he is not good enough not be a rubbish kick for goal.

Missed one from about a meter and shanked it from 30. Kicking for goal has been disappointing generally.

Lucky he isn't playing for you then!

Happy to have him at the Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree he looked slow.

That was my biggest worry about him but he actually got some really good pace up a couple of times last night which was pleasantly surprising to me.

One instance where he ran past about 3 other players stuck out.

I disagree he looked slow.

That was my biggest worry about him but he actually got some really good pace up a couple of times last night which was pleasantly surprising to me.

One instance where he ran past about 3 other players stuck out.

His short distance speed (acceleration) is pretty good.

If he can clean up his kicking at goal he will be very handy. Frustrating part of his game currently.

Ball magnet And good footyIQ

Brilliant career for a bog average player.

Ok.

Last edited:
so youre saying he is worth more than a meaningless pick upgrade
He was worth more then that, but I was not part of the trade.

Im happy with Jack though, footy IQ is great, always buzzing and want him to get 40 goals this season.

Higgins is and will be a good player. Most fans wanted him to stay, and I think the club did too. But there's only so many spots in a team and Higgins was left without a regular spot. He'll give the saints some creativity which they need. We know Richmond probably lost a little more than they gained but Higgins forced the club's hand.

He was worth more then that, but I was not part of the trade.

Im happy with Jack though, footy IQ is great, always buzzing and want him to get 40 goals this season.

Higgo has a footy IQ the equal to Jack reiwoldt. I just hope he plays mainly forward as there he will do most damage. He improves your side so well done saints.

It was between Aarts and Higgins and Aarts just suits us better as he does more work off the ball the Higgins and that's no slight on him just the way we set up as a side

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Back