News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Evans coming on as he has, has made a difference to our strategy too. Evans IMO is the most like-for-like Houston replacement.

I agree that he's closest to Houston, but Houston is next level in that he has years of experience in terms of figuring out angles and learning of opposition structures to bust their zone/press.

I do not expect Evans to be able to do it at a consistent level for a few years.

I really cannot think of a player we've had in our AFL history that's as good as Houston in reading the opposition structures and setting up our forwards.

Think there’s going to be some egg on some faces on 12 months time looking back on this thread.

Think he’s being very under rated.

Most likely going to be a minimum 40 goal a year forward and will be head to head with Georgiades as our leading goal kicker.

He’s a great kick and if he’s getting as many shots on goal as Finlayson has been then he will be kicking 50+ goals next year.
He'll be an ok player.
No world beater.
But makès us a bit better in the front half.

Latest news:

Jon Ralph:
Gold Coast is confident Port Adelaide will hand over its future first-rounder for top five pick Jack Lukosius given the club has committed to him on a six-year deal.
The Power and Suns have had constructive dialogue on Lukosius’ future and those discussions are expected to advance in coming days.
Lukosius chose the Power over Adelaide on a deal of up to a million dollars a season.
Suns list boss Craig Cameron said on Monday he expected smooth progress on the trade.

Going by Free Agent compo... 6yrs at 500k would net Rnd 2 pick at best... so why would we give a first round? GC don't want him, GC want his salary off their books...

How much cap space does Port have? Considering Luko is owed approximately $2 million over the next two years, if Port takes on all of it, that has to weaken GC's demands for a future 1st rounder at least in theory...right?
No more Houston. No more Soldo.
No Perryman. No Cumming.

I don't think cap space is our issue.

What do the SUNS need more ?

Salary Cap Relief
High Draft Picks

The answer is obviously a/ so we will take on most if not all of his contract
They get a future second to sweeten the deal

That's fair and reasonable
Get it done

...... and keep the Wobblers out of it

If they want Houston, pony up with first round pickS big time

Has always looked like he has real talent but is very lazy.

The huge red flag with him is Harddick not wanting him. That is a red flag the size of the Titanic.

The odds of Stinkers getting more out of him are astronomical.

If the price is too high, then forget it.

Better off bringing Gary Rohan in for a year or two for a packet of twisties and a chomp.

And I thought my posts sucked.

Seriously Sturt?

Rainbow flag Lol....

How much cap space does Port have? Considering Luko is owed approximately $2 million over the next two years, if Port takes on all of it, that has to weaken GC's demands for a future 1st rounder at least in theory...right?
No that's only if the counterparty is Cats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest news:

Jon Ralph:
Gold Coast is confident Port Adelaide will hand over its future first-rounder for top five pick Jack Lukosius given the club has committed to him on a six-year deal.
The Power and Suns have had constructive dialogue on Lukosius’ future and those discussions are expected to advance in coming days.
Lukosius chose the Power over Adelaide on a deal of up to a million dollars a season.
Suns list boss Craig Cameron said on Monday he expected smooth progress on the trade.

Rolf joining in the gaslighting.

Why are we giving up a future first round pick for a busted first round pick from 6 years ago?

We've already got this exact player on our list as well. His name is Todd Marshall. And even if they're worried about his concussion issues, it's debatable that you need a player like this on your list anyway.

This has disaster written all over it.

Why are we giving up a future first round pick for a busted first round pick from 6 years ago?

We've already got this exact player on our list as well. His name is Todd Marshall. And even if they're worried about his concussion issues, it's debatable that you need a player like this on your list anyway.

Because what a Hinkley coached football team needs most of all is more flakey players.

Sounding like this might happen today.

I’m guessing F1 + 39 for Luko + 23.
On the surface, the deal is fair. The ultimate problem is it is coughing up the F1 that I really don't want to see us shedding.

We desperately need 1st round talent to come into this group over the next couple years. Can't keep mortgaging our future. Luko is not worth doing that for.

The biggest risk then becomes what if we bomb. I could easily see us finishing much lower next year. Geelong, Brisbane, Sydney, Carlton, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Collingwood are all teams I could comfortably see finishing above us pending the draw and injuries. So there's a chance we could be giving up something around pick 10 + 39 for Luko and 23. That becomes a very shit deal.

People talking him up haven't been watching him. He's incredibly frustrating to watch. He can sit in a goal square and play full forward, but that's about it, and in the modern game that role just doesn't really work well. It's also the only role that Marshall and Georgiades really suit too. Our balance is going to be off and giving up a first to put us in that position is crazy.

Why is everyone not shit scared of trading our F1 away?

Ended up having the easiest draw this year.

A lot of teams below us have heaps of improvement in them (Freo, GC, Collingwood didnt have a fwd line this year, heck can even see Melb with Petracca). Every chance we dont even make the 8 and hand over a top 10 pick for Luko and pick 23 that likely blows out to >25.

Why is everyone not shit scared of trading our F1 away?

Ended up having the easiest draw this year.

A lot of teams below us have heaps of improvement in them (Freo, GC, Collingwood didnt have a fwd line this year, heck can even see Melb with Petracca). Every chance we dont even make the 8 and hand over a top 10 pick for Luko and pick 23 that likely blows out to >25.
I think many of us are.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jack Lukosius nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back