Rumour Jack Redden

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have traded him last year when the offers came...OH well. Something not right in Brisbane. All these good young players wanting out. If it's not the captain and its not the coach then what is the problem I wonder:confused:

If he leaves, the only thing we're losing is experience. Didn't offer much as a midfielder. Slow, ineffecutal and always second to the ball.
Fair enough. I rated him a little higher than that. Tackling machine. Not quick and good not great ball use but gets plenty of it.

I'm sure some club will see enough value to get the Lions a reasonable trade. First round pick, I'd say.

If he leaves, the only thing we're losing is experience. Didn't offer much as a midfielder. Slow, ineffecutal and always second to the ball.

Are you kidding me? He offers a lot more than experience and if it wasn't for our joke of a coaching staff, players like redden would be playing to their potential.

There is a reason why Polec improved dramatically at port. Heck, Crisp went to another level as well.

This is just another nail in the coffin for our club.

Are you kidding me? He offers a lot more than experience and if it wasn't for our joke of a coaching staff, players like redden would be playing to their potential.

There is a reason why Polec improved dramatically at port. Heck, Crisp went to another level as well.

This is just another nail in the coffin for our club.

Polec "went to another level" because he finally became injury-free. Crisp is still at the same level he was while in the last few weeks at Brisbane, it's just that playing for a bigger club gets you more attention.

Polec "went to another level" because he finally became injury-free. Crisp is still at the same level he was while in the last few weeks at Brisbane, it's just that playing for a bigger club gets you more attention.

Let's be serious here. Crisp was in and out of our best 22, yet he is able to keep a spot in a superior collingwood team. It's obvious he went up a level and Redden was plagued with a groin injury all year. Saying he is only experience to us is insulting to how talented he actually is.

Also, we will be losing Aish, Luey and Redden this year and that's as of right now. The quality of these 3 guys far surpass the go home 5, so it's fair to say we're ****ed for the next 5 or 10 years.

Last edited:
If this happens it's a bigger deal than just losing the player in my opinion. Redden's one of only a handful who I think are real 'heart and soul' types - as such not someone easily replaced. Admittedly I don't know the full story but this is seriously disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because we become a top 4 club next year and compete for premierships,doesnt mean we will accept you.Were not carlton like.

With the wonderful AFl equalization programs and bias towards the traditionally struggling and new expansion clubs I suppose eventually one of them will win a flag.
But remember the historically significant power clubs will alway remain set in stone.
Ciao

will always remain set in stone.

Should have traded him last year when the offers came...OH well. Something not right in Brisbane. All these good young players wanting out. If it's not the captain and its not the coach then what is the problem I wonder:confused:
Ever been to Brisbane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Redden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back