Rumour Jack Steven Stabbing Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

When you have no counter-argument you resort to "Oh what team does the poster support? Better change topic to that!"

Original.

Eddie is the kind of person who would defend a Collingwood player stabbing someone.

Steven was almost certainly breaking strict AFL player corona guidelines, and refused to cooperate with police that will lead to a potentially dangerous criminal staying on our streets.

Where is the AFL to take a stand on this? Oh right, too busy with the broom out ! Nothing to see here, just forget it happened... Even the commentators had to tip-toe around the incident, wonder who gave them that order?

If Steven cooperated with police and explained why he was out in the city at 2am no one would be "attacking" him.
If a women was stabbed by her male partner but refused to press charges or talk about do you think her workplace would be able to get away with refusing to let her work until she told the full story...

If a women was stabbed by her male partner but refused to press charges or talk about do you think her workplace would be able to get away with refusing to let her work until she told the full story...

If one of the Australian female soccer players was involved in a serious incident and refused to cooperate with police then yea I would support her not playing either.

Also, refusing to cooperating with police and deciding not to press charges are too different things, but nice use of manipulation there.

Last edited:

If one of the Australian female soccer players was involved in a serious incident and refused to cooperate with police then yea I would support her not playing either.

Also, refusing to cooperating with police and deciding not to press charges are too different things, but nice use of manipulation there.
OK I'm assuming the rumor it was DV is true.

Your saying that if a Matilda got stabbed in a DV case and she refused to co-operate with police then Soccer Australia should refuse to let her play ??

Good luck with that, there would be national outrage. You couldn't convince me otherwise.

OK I'm assuming the rumor it was DV is true.

Your saying that if a Matilda got stabbed in a DV case and she refused to co-operate with police then Soccer Australia should refuse to let her play ??

Good luck with that, there would be national outrage. You couldn't convince me otherwise.

I don't care if its a man or a women, for serious crimes the public have a right for it to be investigated thoroughly. Anyone who refuses to aid detectives in serious crimes puts our community at risk and sets a terrible example. Simply aiding detectives in what happened is not a lot to ask, especially for a role model in society.

What happens if he doesn't get investigated then goes onto a new relationship with no criminal history and kills his next girlfriend? Silence helps criminals. Silence helps perpetrators of domestic violence. It's critically important people speak up and break the cycle.

I don't care if its a man or a women, for serious crimes the public have a right for it to be investigated thoroughly. Anyone who refuses to aid detectives in serious crimes puts our community at risk and sets a terrible example. Simply aiding detectives in what happened is not a lot to ask, especially for a role model in society.

What happens if he doesn't get investigated then goes onto a new relationship with no criminal history and kills his next girlfriend? Silence helps criminals. Silence helps perpetrators of domestic violence. It's critically important people speak up and break the cycle.

Second paragraph I completely agree with you.

In the first paragraph you need to change "Anyone" too "Victim. And a victim of DV speaking to detectives can be a massive thing to ask. You think victims of DV after getting restraining orders havn't been murdered ? You think every investigation into DV end with the perpetrator locked up never to bother the victim again ?

I believe your bias is showing, your thinking that in this case the victim is a man and he has nothing to worry about.

Imagine the Matilda's force our hypothetical soccer player to co-operate with police or she can't work, for the good of the community. He get's out on bail, breaches the AVO and kills her. Sickeningly it's not an improbable situation. Hannah Clarke went to the police

I am a biased Geelong supporter but I find some of these moral arguments against Steven a bit bewildering. It's hard to argue that he shouldn't co-operate with police. If a crime has been committed then of course that is what he should do.

But.. to approach this as if he is some kind of criminal because he hasn't been willing to speak with police about a partner stabbing him is ridiculous. We don't know what happened, and we don't know how the discussions went with police when they approached him. Either way, if it was his partner, to act as if that wouldn't be hard thing to do is a joke.

You are clearly going to be compromised in your opinion. You may think "yes this person stabbed me but I don't think they are a risk to society" or "they shouldn't have done that but maybe I deserved it, I don't want to cause a fuss, I'm embarrassed etc etc". To pretend in these circumstances that Steven should be able to make a moral and very blunt decision for the sake of society is grossly unfair.

I was king hit in a pub for no reason, broke my nose. Whilst trying to stem the bleeding in the bathroom a security guard who witnessed it asked me, "do you want to do anything about it?" Even though I'd done nothing wrong, for some stupid reason I felt embarrassed, so I just said no and went home. I didn't want to seem like a sook etc. In hindsight, many years later (and with my nose still broken) I look back and think, I was assaulted, I should have definitely spoken to police and yes this person may have attacked other people - but I don't think that's on me. At the time, I was stupidly ashamed and embarrassed for some reason and didn't want to talk to anyone about it.

What you are missing is that Eddie asked questions about Jack Steven as a journalist.

He is now refusing to answer questions about CFC as the President.

I think the distinction is pretty clear.
Pretty clear, yes, but is this acceptable?

What you are missing is that Eddie asked questions about Jack Steven as a journalist.

He is now refusing to answer questions about CFC as the President.

I think the distinction is pretty clear.
Imagine the president of Phillip Morris saying, as a father, that smoking destroys your lungs... I mean, he's not saying it as the company president, he's saying it as a father... Would be told not to come to work on Monday.

Imagine the president of Phillip Morris saying, as a father, that smoking destroys your lungs... I mean, he's not saying it as the company president, he's saying it as a father... Would be told not to come to work on Monday.

I would imagine most tobacco executives say this to their families quietly and in confidence.

Eddie’s ego is too big to allow this unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former St Kilda star Jack Steven accused of leaving scene of a car accident near Lorne​

Former St Kilda champion Jack Steven is being investigated over allegations he left the scene of a car accident and refused a drug test near his home town of Lorne.

Veered into an embankment after swerving to miss a kangaroo apparently......

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Steven Stabbing Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

Back