Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like a geelong type get, geelong is topping up the list to squeeze the last remaining juice out of Ablett, Selwood and Dangerfield. Kelly should get the **** out as he is the one carrying the team, he would do so much better at WC where their engine room is at the peak of their power.

This is a muddled article ... Geelong not overly intested ... Stk would want a pick and player for Steven .. and Geelong would perhaps consider CC for Steven and a pick ... and then Abbott gets mentioned ..

Lol I think someone has just made a bunch of stuff up writing this.

Geelong are not trading constable.

He is worth a lot more than jack Steven

Lol. Any time a player in the AFL has a break due to mental health problems there are always bulls**t rumours spread by low lives. Dont believe everything you read on big footy.

There is the question of his fragility mentally due to his illness which needs to be considered , but also having so long out of football away from club training and conditioning can have older players a shadow of their former self.

He is a very risky product and worth only a late second/ early third.

If he is anywhere near a late first/early second then I’d rather us walk.

Anything involving Charlie constable and you would need to throw us a second rounder back along with Steven

There is the question of his fragility mentally due to his illness which needs to be considered , but also having so long out of football away from club training and conditioning can have older players a shadow of their former self.

Anything involving Charlie constable and you would need to throw us a second rounder back along with Steven
Even that undersells constable surely

That is fine, but i was clearly reffering to the bullshit rumours going around that have nothing to do with his mental health so i have no idea why you quoted that.

Alan Richardson just confirmed on SEN Breakfast that Jack Steven did indeed desire to be traded last year, but it was shut down by St Kilda & there were no trade discussions between the two clubs (St Kilda & Geelong)

Alan Richardson just confirmed on SEN Breakfast that Jack Steven did indeed desire to be traded last year, but it was shut down by St Kilda & there were no trade discussions between the two clubs (St Kilda & Geelong)
But there was discussions between managers and clubs..

Yep. Sounds like it. I doubt you’d ask to be moved on to a certain club without your manager talking with that prospective new club
I love the kid. Really do. But if he wanted out that badly last year to be with his family, should have made it happen. You guys will get him for your second round pick. Hope he kills it for you. Deserves whatever brings him the most happiness.

If Geelong cant improved their 2nd. This still gets done imo.

36, 54 and FR2
For
Steven, 70, FR3

This would be like the last resort type of stuff. Saints wont be happy but its fair enough.

But i truly think the kelly trade will change things.
Saints won't be happy and Saints will say no.

You cannot be serious if you think we will accept that for a 4x Trevor Barker medalist who's still in his prime...?

Constable and their 2nd pick otherwise first rounder at the absolute minimum. I'd rather keep Jack personally but it seems it's in his best interests to make a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You cannot be serious if you think we will accept that for a 4x Trevor Barker medalist who's still in his prime...?

Constable and their 2nd pick otherwise first rounder at the absolute minimum. I'd rather keep Jack personally but it seems it's in his best interests to make a change.
A 30 year old is not in his prime in football terms. 25-28 year olds are in their prime. He also sadly has issues & is a huge risk for Geelong if they pick trade for him. If Geelong trade their future (Constable) they would be stupid. If it’s going to cost that much, i’d rather Geelong walk away. He can get to Geelong in 2021 as a UFA.

A 30 year old is not in his prime in football terms. 25-28 year olds are in their prime. He also sadly has issues & is a huge risk for Geelong if they pick trade for him. If Geelong trade their future (Constable) they would be stupid. If it’s going to cost that much, i’d rather Geelong walk away. He can get to Geelong in 2021 as a UFA.
30 isn't prime? This isn't the 80s anymore... Most players that make it there play just as well into their early 30s as their mid 20s nowadays.

It’s a terrible situation for us. Not only did we lose a full year this year, we will lose him for not much. I can tell you for a fact, he gets to you guys for whatever we accept, or he retires and moves closer to his family.

Yes they are.
30 yo is 100% not an AFL players prime, how do you possibly come to that conclusion? Players clearly decrease from 30 onwards.

Geelong arent paying much for a 30 year old who has had health concerns. If you can get Constable in a straight-swap you'd take it and run

Last edited:
30 yo is 100% not an AFL players prime, how do you possible come to that conclusion? Players clearly decrease from 30 onwards.

Geelong arent paying much for a 30 year old who has had health concerns. If you can get Constable in a straight-swap you'd take it and run
Ok you're wrong but no worries.

I will be bumping this next year when Stuv is collecting 30 disposals every week and as quick as he has ever been.

My post was the absolute minimum. Geelong will most likely be looking to improve the current 2nd rd pick.

If say Kelly decides to stay a cat and no players agree to move to the saints.

2 options saints find a 2nd rd pick and trade Steven and that for cats 1st.

Or

Cats trade 2nd rd pick, 3rd pick and F2nd rd pick for Steven, 4th rd pick and F3rd rd pick.

My post was option 2 as thats using the current picks that are available.

I will be bumping this next year when Stuv is collecting 30 disposals every week and as quick as he has ever been.
Feel free to do so. Just make sure you also bump if the opposite occurs, or, if he doesnt play at all.

Also, you said he is still in his prime, not just performing well. I'd expect him to be on track for a top 5ish B&F finish next year if he's still in his prime

That is so far out of perspective it's not funny. I understand the emotional investment but Constable isn't that far off Stevens level of output now as a 19 year old. It's just silly

Feel free to do so. Just make sure you also bump if the opposite occurs, or, if he doesnt play at all.

Also, you said he is still in his prime, not just performing well. I'd expect him to be on track for a top 5ish B&F finish next year if he's still in his prime
I’d say the chances of him playing very little football or none at all is quite high.

I'll be another person who will disagree with you... No bloody way a bloke who is 30 is still in his prime...
And I think we have learnt a lesson from giving up to much for a guy with Mental Health problems ( enter Mitch Clark ). We gave up a very handy player at the time in Travis Varcoe. I bet you if you asked Collingwood, would they give up what they did in Dane Beams I bet you they would change there mind...
Oh PS there is no bloody way we would give up Constable for Steven. Most cat's fans here scratching there heads wondering why he can't get a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Steven [traded to Geelong for #58]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back