Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: There is no way Chris Yarran is as bad as Jack Watts.

I mean seriously, Yarran may not be looking great at the moment, but you seriously have to question why the Dees picked up this guy.

HAY GUYZ I HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A TROLL LETS RUBBISH FIRST GAMERS RATHER THAN SPUDS THAT'VE BEEN IN THE SYSTEM FOR FIVE YEARS HURRHURRHURR

Good Lord, man! Look at your username!

This is pissing me off, all these ****ing threads attacking a young kid. I don't care which team you support but if you attack a kid, who has the guts to step onto a AFL field against men, then it says a lot about you. ****ing keyboard hero's, all a bunch of flogs, hiding behind your mummy's.

Watts is an athlete with some footballing ability. Melbourne drafted him for the future not the present. He was brought into the side early to try and boost crowd numbers. The performance he put in today was what I expected. With confidence and experience his potential will shine through. You watch his U/18 championship footage and his contested marking is elite for the level.

After saying that the only thing he showed today is that he can kick. Didn't show the speed, agility or leap which has been well documented. Looked lost and timid. Didn't work off the ball, didn't attack the contest, didn't create space. A very below par debut, although "fairy" is harsh and over the top, I can see where people are getting it from.

NicNat's debut is going to be better. He attacks the contest like a madman but his work off the ball and reading of the play isn't much better from the limited footage i've seen. I've also seen he can't kick for nuts, good luck to him in the AFL. I doubt his kicking will ever get much better. You can't teach an old dog new tricks and if you can't kick by 18 your kicking won't improve much more.

Yeah, and you are pinning your hopes on Daniel 'I have already reached my peak at 18 and its all downhill from here' Rich.
that's the exact reason carlton picked yarran over rich.
rich is ready made, he doesn't have much improvement in him. that is what was feared. but he's a very safe pick, lions were never going to be the loser thus far.

is is unquestionable that yarran has more potential and talent than rich. i just hope he can deliver on it and shut some idiots up.

carlton see yarran evolving into a Leon Davis type, and i see Rich being the workman footballer but better, like Sam Mitchell. Davis is the better option out of those two.

This is pissing me off, all these ****ing threads attacking a young kid. I don't care which team you support but if you attack a kid, who has the guts to step onto a AFL field against men, then it says a lot about you. ****ing keyboard hero's, all a bunch of flogs, hiding behind your mummy's.

Wasn't it Watts' mummy I saw him hiding behind today before the game?

"I feel privileged to be playing in the first game he plays..." Harry O'Brien on Jack Watts' debut.

Watts will be a better player than Neitz & G Lyon by the end of his career IMO. I wouldn't expect too much from him for 3 or 4 years though. But by the time he's 22 and has put on a bit of weight and has 50 games behind him, I would think he will be one of the top 5 players in the AFL on talent alone.

Just an opinion, might not happen*

If we had a chance to take him @ pick 6 in the draft I would have been stoked.

demonscoming.jpg

Why pick on a kid? **** man grow up, how old are you? He has more balls than you. All these threads bagging a young kid it's a disgrace. Didn't our own Mitch Robinson get a hug from his mum? Stupid idiots.

Why pick on a kid? **** man grow up, how old are you? He has more balls than you. All these threads bagging a young kid it's a disgrace. Didn't our own Mitch Robinson get a hug from his mum? Stupid idiots.

But no one is doubting that Mitch has a crack.

The guy is kamakazee

Watts is another matter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a young forward playing his 1st game:rolleyes:

Jono Brown had a spud of a debut but turned out to be one of the premier forwards of the comp.

And lol at Carlton fans being defensive about Yarran's dudness;)
i wasn't trying to be defensive in my other post that resembled this threads argument.

i'm annoyed that watts had a deplorable debut, much worse than yarrans yet all the hate and bad talk has been thrown at him and nothing much at watts so far.

and why is this so?
because yarran plays for carlton and watts plays for melbourne.
one club is hated, the other recieves pity and is seen as harmless.

Anyone who knows footy and has seen Watts play a handful of VFL games against men who have done pre-seasons knows that this kid has got superstar written all over him.

Leadership, skill, poise, maturity. I cant wait to see him develop into one of the big guns of the AFL.

Nick Riewoldt got 3 posessions, 1 mark and 0 goals on debut.

Its fair to say that Jack and Nick are very similar players, it's easy to see from his debut he will be a star. Needs his teammates to lift.

Anyone who knows footy and has seen Watts play a handful of VFL games against men who have done pre-seasons knows that this kid has got superstar written all over him.

Leadership, skill, poise, maturity. I cant wait to see him develop into one of the big guns of the AFL.

Didnt they say that about Kennedy?

Nick Riewoldt got 3 posessions, 1 mark and 0 goals on debut.

Its fair to say that Jack and Nick are very similar players, it's easy to see from his debut he will be a star. Needs his teammates to lift.

You better be talking about nick here... otherwise you are a ****en idiot...

Haha pay that.

It's very un-Bay13 like but I agree with Alpha1 picking on first gamers is pretty weak and lacks creativity.

We were shitful today but geez give the kid a break.
so you're pleading to give watts a break yet you are encouraging slander against another debutant who is also copping flak? HYPOCRITE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back