Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

The sad fact is that the O.P is likely to be twice the age of Jack Watts and is the one sitting back on his holiday from his weekday labouring job, whereas today, Watts begun what looks like a very promising career. Do Carltank actually remember what a young KPF looks like?

Melboure will have the last laugh. They're struggling now but getting Morton, Watts, Scully and Butcher during their 3 bad years is about 5 times better than what the Saints got in Crywoldt, Koschitzke and Ball and 20 times better than Walker, Murphy, Squibbs and Kreuzer.

Yes Melbourne will have the last laugh when they start playing some decent footy and Jack Watts kicks a bag of 6+ 3 years from now. But to claim that they're better than Riewoldt, Kozi, Ball, Walker, Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer is fanaticism, bordering on defamation of those guys.

Riewoldt: Started off as a dead eye dick who made the most of his minimal chances. Now that hes match fit and has an engine of a Duracell Bunny he can't kick for goal. Either way, as Essendon supporters, I'm sure we'd both agree that we'd rather have him over Neagle or Laycock anyday.

Kozi: Inconsistent but when he fires, hes near unstoppable (Think the 6 goals over the weekend). Plus hes more versatile than the Melbourne draftees you mentioned.

Ball: Every team needs a hardnut midfielder. Maybe if he managed to string 10 games together without getting his head smashed he might show a bit more consistency. But he's still a very good player in and around the stoppages and winning the hard ball.

Carlton recruits: Okay.. so they were dirty bastards that tanked 3 years running to pick up Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer but they're all bloody prestigious talents. Marc Murphy reminds me of Gavin Wanganeen in that he just seemst o have all the time in the world and always slips around tackles. Bryce Gibbs would be in his 3rd year (correct me if i'm wrong) and for a young bloke who is still meant to be grasping the tricks of the AFL trade, he's caught on much faster than the other 70 odd draftees from the 2007 batch. An uninjured Walker is a gun. Remember how he singlehandedly shat all over West Coast in his 2004, Round 5 debut game? He amassed 26 disposals, 3 goal assists.

I'm sure it was an emotionally-charged message but try to substantiate your arguments.

Just further signifies why your first match means nothing. Hawkins, Walker, McAdam etc had good debuts but are spuds of the highest order.

Watts, Franklin, Riewoldt - all very slow starts.

I guess you missed my earlier post where I said all young key position players need years to develop.

If you reckon Watts will dominate the competition after playing less than 30 games, then good luck to you.

Re: There is no way Chris Yarran is as bad as Jack Watts.

I don't think Yarran will be a forward. (hope not) has great skils, could make a very dangerous HBF/Wing type player. I just don't see him as a goal sneak FP type in the long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that stood out for me was Watts attack on the ball, toddlers would have been stronger at the contest.

He has a heart the size of a pea and will become the next Ryan Murphy.

You are a disgrace not to mention a dumb shit who wouldn't have a clue about anything let alone the intestinal fortitude that is required to play football at the highest level. Bet you sleep with the light on hero!

What was worse?

Jack Watts performance.

or

This thread.

He's a young forward playing his 1st game:rolleyes:

Jono Brown had a spud of a debut but turned out to be one of the premier forwards of the comp.

And lol at Carlton fans being defensive about Yarran's dudness;)

That is sarcasm, right? So Yarran's immense extra two games means he's no longer a young forward?
Sarcasm or hypocrisy, what is it?:confused:

Tom Swift on debut: 14 possessions and 3 marks

An impressive debut from an impressive young man who, if he stays free of major injury, could one day be captain of the club.

Can't wait til we see Naitanui debut. Will have absolutely no idea what the **** is going on out there. No footy brain whatsoever.

Those ridiculous comments may well come back and bite you on the bum.

Watts and Hill - Massive draft blunders.

r u srs?

You should wait for Naitanui to play his first game before passing judgment on other clubs first round draft picks.

You do realise that you put the kaibosch on Naitanui with that troll.

Can't wait til we see Naitanui debut. Will have absolutely no idea what the **** is going on out there. No footy brain whatsoever.

Great point , When you have a absoulte spud like Whelan as your name i kinda dont really think anyone wants to hear your throughts on football.... 15 Possestions 4 goals and 20+ hitouts this week seems to make you look like a dumb **** again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back