Scandal Jack Ziebell coward punched

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, that's unlikely. Having been randomly attacked by a group before, the feelings quick with you for a very long time. I'm talking 20+ years.
Sorry to hear that man. Took me a very long time to heal too.

Last edited:

What's with the media not naming the campaigner? He's been charged and is an adult. Listing might not be current until tomorrow but I'm sure someone will work it out.

If there’s a chance that naming them would prejudice justice (eg: “no chance my client would get a fair trial”) then best they remain unnamed.

If there’s a chance that naming them would prejudice justice (eg: “no chance my client would get a fair trial”) then best they remain unnamed.

Doesn't sound like they sought a suppression order as in the articles I read none mentioned same. Anyhow, it'll come out in due course.

Says it was unprovoked but was there was an altercation inside the bar earlier.

Seems like there is more to the story than Ziebell was randomly selected by 3 dudes on the street.

Plenty of gutless losers want to line up a footy player to show how "tough" they are.
Of course, they're never tough enough to do it 1 on 1, or while said footy player is looking.
Attempted murder.

Going to be unpopular but, I have been going to bars for 20 years and have never seen an unprovoked attack. (Even with many AFL footballers drinking in them).
Careful media management has gone on here and it will be hard to ever know the real truth of what happened. Having said that, I wish Jack a speedy recovery.

Going to be unpopular but, I have been going to bars for 20 years and have never seen an unprovoked attack. (Even with many AFL footballers drinking in them).
Careful media management has gone on here and it will be hard to ever know the real truth of what happened. Having said that, I wish Jack a speedy recovery.
It was mentioned the cowards harassed some of the players at the bar then they got them kicked out

The cowards out the front then jumped jack probably pissed they got kicked out like the plebs they are

Define 'unprovoked'.

I had a mate that somehow managed to get king hit on two seperate occasions when we were in our early 20s. Completely non-confrontational guy, zero interest in fighting anybody or winding them up. It happens.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not unpopular, that's just a completely shithouse take.

Going to be unpopular but, I have been going to bars for 20 years and have never seen an unprovoked attack.
There's been footage of plenty of unprovoked attacks.

Hoping for a full recovery. I was king hit on a party bus that we caught that went from I think the polo club or similar to south Melbourne somewhere. Knocked me down but not out. Unprovoked and didn't even as much as look at the person previous. I kept drinking that night (2009) no real idea I was concussed. Thinking no big deal. Didn't feel right for a month. These people need to be locked up

Last edited:
This is objectively wrong - the laws have only become tougher under Andrews for these sorts of assaults.

Yes you could argue that is due to increased publicity and pressure - but we haven’t gone backwards in sentencing.

Fact check yourself
I can't believe you can honestly defend that filthy grub Daniel Andrews . Why doesn't he get his police monkeys to treat these thugs in the same way they treated lockdown protesters , if he did the streets would be cleaned up in no time . Andrews is a criminal and should be locked up along with his wife . But yeah you go ahead and keep voting for the flog

Me when I'm off my meds:
I can't believe you can honestly defend that filthy grub Daniel Andrews . Why doesn't he get his police monkeys to treat these thugs in the same way they treated lockdown protesters , if he did the streets would be cleaned up in no time . Andrews is a criminal and should be locked up along with his wife . But yeah you go ahead and keep voting for the flog

All that says is that you've never been unfortunate enough to be jumped by random thugs. You also lack the imagination to understand that there are people out there who don't need a reason to attack somebody. That's your deficit though. But I wouldn't recommend taking that position with victims of violent crime because you will come across as victim-blaming even if you don't intend to. You should also consider that what you have seen with your own eyes is so small a subset of what has happened in the world as to be insignificant.

All that says is that you've never been unfortunate enough to be jumped by random thugs. You also lack the imagination to understand that there are people out there who don't need a reason to attack somebody. That's your deficit though. But I wouldn't recommend taking that position with victims of violent crime because you will come across as victim-blaming even if you don't intend to. You should also consider that what you have seen with your own eyes is so small a subset of what has happened in the world as to be insignificant.

I was walking in the city a few years back and saw this one absolutely nuts bloke kick another guy as hard as he could while he was crossing the street, completely unprovoked. Couldn't help but laugh at the time, but it was crazy. Unprovoked attacks happen all the time.

Putting aside for a moment what I have and haven’t seen, you don’t think any of this has been media managed by the kangaroo (ostensibly afl)?
1. No time was first reported by them on when this initially happened? (Leaving us to guess whether it was 7pm or 2am. We later found out it was the latter).
2. There was a bizarre reason given why Jack went downstairs. (Apparently to help a team mate out who was in trouble. What team mate? Why did nobody else go down with him? Who delivered the message that a team mate was in trouble? If it was somebody associated with the guys that attacked him then why would he believe them? If it was somebody from his own group then why would they not go down with him?
Personally, I think the whole thing is terrible and hope Jack recovers as fast as possible but There are more holes in this story than Swiss cheese, and it has been completely media-managed from the get-go.

Putting aside for a moment what I have and haven’t seen, you don’t think any of this has been media managed by the kangaroo (ostensibly afl)?
1. No time was first reported by them on when this initially happened? (Leaving us to guess whether it was 7pm or 2am. We later found out it was the latter).
2. There was a bizarre reason given why Jack went downstairs. (Apparently to help a team mate out who was in trouble. What team mate? Why did nobody else go down with him? Who delivered the message that a team mate was in trouble? If it was somebody associated with the guys that attacked him then why would he believe them? If it was somebody from his own group then why would they not go down with him?
Personally, I think the whole thing is terrible and hope Jack recovers as fast as possible but There are more holes in this story than Swiss cheese, and it has been completely media-managed from the get-go.
Probably asked by the police.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

what a stupid thing to do say, you have gone out maybe 100 times in one town... yet footballers of all types have gone out maybe a million times australia wide.

1. Every news article refers to late at night/early hours of the morning
2. Who said he went down by himself?
3. If it's being 'media managed', why have the 2 attackers been charged by police?

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Jack Ziebell coward punched

Remove this Banner Ad

Back