MRP / Trib. Jacob van Rooyen - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole notion of needing to have your eyes on the ball the entire way is utter rubbish.

Players have the ability to assess roughly where the ball is going to land from a quick glance. As long as his eyes go back to the ball just before the point of contest, which in this case it does, then he's contesting the ball.

Having your eye on the opponent is an important way to protect yourself from a stray arm/leg etc.

There wasn't a concussion or any injury here, the player hearing a crack is the only reason this even got attention. There is minimal impact to the player, he hasn't gone in recklessly - there's nothing here to see.

I've seen far worse ear massages that go unchecked.
100 %. The eyes on the ball comment became a real echo chamber on Sunday. Tempered today as the narrative came back towards it being a football action

What position was Steven May playing?
Petty plays deeper than May, as the second key back. Or he does when he plays in defence, playing forward now. Regardless, "useless player" is either (lol) petty or clueless analysis.

Hahaha, history quickly revealed Petty was the loser in that encounter. Embarrassing. Sent his own teammates out into the media to back him up then turns out he had a cry over nothing. Useless player too.

Pretty revealing angle this.

Their only contestable point is the impact, because I can't see them making a strong case that this was a realistic attempt at a spoil. You never know what the Tribunal will come out with though. They certainly did Cripps a solid last year.

Will end up with zero weeks, the footage doesn't show anything new.

You see worse than this every week that sometimes don't even get a free.
The MRO is an absolute roulette wheel joke and has been since day dot. Why he is still there in that capacity is one of the biggest mysteries in the world.

If the tribunal want to show any backbone at all they will clear this in 5 seconds

Would require some extraordinary gymnastics by the tribunal to have the ban upheld IMO. The AFL's been taken to task here (rightfully so)

Last edited:
Strange report, yes an unfortunate outcome but FMD.. Going overboard with the reports

There was nothing here that warrants a suspension based on the actions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats absolutely insane

I’m not really sure I want to keep watching this sport if that’s a 2 week suspension.

Also how the * was that given 2 weeks, the same as Kozzie Pickett in round 1? Pickett’s was far more reckless, deliberate, however you want to call it.

Unbelievable
Completely agree, Kozzie deserved his two weeks, however if this is two weeks Kozzies should of been 4. This is laughable now

Netball will soon have more contact than football. Absolute bulls**t outcome. The lack of consistency, and therefore confusion and frustration will continue.

MRP / Trib. Jacob van Rooyen - How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back