Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

No I'm saying your club obviously values him at that rate and everyone else agrees with it, so why complain when you are asked to offer something that is of the same value to trade for him. He's 22 for god's sake its not like he's old and coming off multiple injuries, the club obviously believes his knee will be fine so I don't get why you're mad when GC ask for what they deem fair value for him.
Tell that to Anthony Morabito, a huge talent that never made it back from knee injuries. When you miss 2 years of footy there is obviously a higher risk of injury than a player who hasnt missed any

If any of those players are happy to go up here, Suns are having a bit of a laugh. I do watch a lot of Hawks games and they are 3 individually good players for Suns.

If they said no to Sicily they are truly being run by a madman. Langford sure. Harting maybe. But Sicily is an outright gun who plays tall and small forward and back.

You're assuming that Essendon is offering more than what Hawks are now? What picks and players have the Dons offered up to the GC to get the deal done?
According to the Herald Sun, we're considering offering next year's 1st round pick (likely a top 6 selection) + two 2nd rounders. Now GC have said they want mature players from Hawthorn, but they may consider an offer from us which includes only picks due to the apparent "difficulties" GC and Hawthorn are having during these negotiations.

Personally, I hope we sit back and see if a Hawthorn trade gets done. If it doesn't, get in his ear about going to the PSD. If a trade to Hawthorn does get done in the end (which it will), no skin off our nose.

Yes but you don't offer that much money in some sort of half hope his knee is ok. Unless you have gone completely mad. You as a Hawks fan are happy to pay him millions of dollars to play for you but draw the line at giving the Suns what they ask?
But he is uncontracted and going. Letting him walk for nothing you miss out on a top 10 draft pick at least.
Unfortunately for GC they are not in the position of negotiating strength here.
The injury history also devalues his presumed GC worth.
Cochrane doing a Jeff Kennett hasn't helped Ashcroft either.

You're playing hardball on Prestia with Richmond as well. Let both walk then.
Prove you're meaningless point and have nothing to show for both players.
Not going to help you move up the ladder anytime soon is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the Herald Sun, we're considering offering next year's 1st round pick (likely a top 6 selection) + two 2nd rounders. Now GC have said they want mature players from Hawthorn, but they may consider an offer from us which includes only picks due to the apparent "difficulties" GC and Hawthorn are having during these negotiations.

Personally, I hope we sit back and see if a Hawthorn trade gets done. If it doesn't, get in his ear about going to the PSD. If a trade to Hawthorn does get done in the end (which it will), no skin off our nose.
And with James Stewart nominating the Bombers now what is his worth?
At least one of those second rounders disappear I would have thought.
Also think this is HS Slobbo drivel he found at the bottom of his beer glass.

And with James Stewart nominating the Bombers now what is his worth?
At least one of those second rounders disappear I would have thought.
Also think this is HS Slobbo drivel he found at the bottom of his beer glass.
I seriously doubt we offer any more than 41 for Stewart... almost certainly won't be a 2nd rounder.

We also have an additional 2nd rounder incoming when Melbourne eventually get off their ass and come to the table re: Hibberd.

so why trade next years 1st and 2 2nd rounders to make up 1/2 a deal?
why offer him a big contract?
Plenty have come back from longer and played to their peak
Does that mean there is no associated risk? yes possibly there is a high reward but there is also a risk of bust

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back