Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

The way I understand it,

Hawks offered 14 and had a list of potential players (in the best 22-28 range) not list cloggers but not great.

GC stated they wanted players in 23-26 range and better players and have names back.

Hawks then went and on-traded pick 14... which GC wanted to use for Hanley. Came back with pick 10 and was like well now it's 10 and not 14 we should get discount here are those 6 players again. GC said no - Hawks asked if 10 and 21 would get it done, GC said yes tried to get 21 off lions. Whitecross said no.

So now after offering 10 and 21 and now only having 10 they are in a super super tough spot!! Either they offer 10 and shiels (who GC wanted originally with 14) or it becomes a stand off with dons not being super helpful in either the ND or in trade period.

These are just suspicious based off some info come out, no secret sources.
GC can ask for Shiels all they like.
Even if Hawthorn were willing to part with him, which they aren't, Shiels doesn't want to play for GC, so what is the point of asking when they know the answer?

The bizzare thing about this trade is GC have not come out and actively courted any Hawthorn players. All this secret list stuff instead. If they actually came out and offered a 4 year big money deal they might be able to reel a fish in. Do they not have the cap space?

I don't think it's up to Hawthorn to solely satisfy GC. There's gotta be some work put in on their side otherwise they won't get what they want.

This is how it goes. Unless Essendon can find a huge amount of money... which would be surprising given all the payrises they were handing out.
i think it was 1 pay rise to Hurley
Everyone else is coming back on normal contract or fulfilling an already existing contract.
I think Heppell will get an increase next year (or 2018, can't remember when he comes out of contract).
Affording JOM wouldnt be an issue.
Getting him to agree to come to us is the challenge.

I can't believe people even listen to all this bullshit. The AFL structure it this way so it drags out and an army of bored footy "journalists" keep the game in the paper with their meaningless brain farts.

We're well used to it with Ryder Carlisle etc. They're going here, going there etc etc of course yes they're going into the draft and leaving for nothing bla bla bla... they choose a club and go there and everything that happens in between is cheap, boring theatre.

I can't believe people even listen to all this bullshit. The AFL structure it this way so it drags out and an army of bored footy "journalists" keep the game in the paper with their meaningless brain farts.

We're well used to it with Ryder Carlisle etc. They're going here, going there etc etc of course yes they're going into the draft and leaving for nothing bla bla bla... they choose a club and go there and everything that happens in between is cheap, boring theatre.
Bingo!
AFL and AFL journos attempting to stay relevant for as long as possible into A-League/Cricket season.

i think it was 1 pay rise to Hurley
Everyone else is coming back on normal contract or fulfilling an already existing contract.
I think Heppell will get an increase next year (or 2018, can't remember when he comes out of contract).
Affording JOM wouldnt be an issue.
Getting him to agree to come to us is the challenge.
I actually agree, Essendon unlike other clubs dont have to worry about having a ridiculous about of cap room free to match a suspected massive front loaded contract. they can probably afford the 700K * 3 thereabouts and if they get him to agree to come to them they can make him nominate the PSD and remove Hawthorn from the picture.

but at least at this point in time that seems unlikely.

NAB TRADE WEEK

Focus, gentlemen.

Here are the D&T board rules.

"By all means defend your team and attempt to persuade them otherwise, but don’t attack the poster or their club, e.g. using Bay 13 nicknames like Norf, Carltank, Bears, Essendrugs, plastics, Tuggers, etc, or posts that boil down to "haha your team's crap"."

"Trolling teams based on prior trades, drafting or list management will not be tolerated. Any posts along the lines of “you can’t talk, your team traded pick X for player Y”, or “at least we didn’t give player Y a new contract” or “can’t believe you drafted player X over player Y” will be deleted and repeat offenders could find themselves with a card or board ban."

Infractions will be received by those who continue to insist on posting off-topic attacks on a poster's club.

Focus, gentlemen.

Here are the D&T board rules.

"By all means defend your team and attempt to persuade them otherwise, but don’t attack the poster or their club, e.g. using Bay 13 nicknames like Norf, Carltank, Bears, Essendrugs, plastics, Tuggers, etc, or posts that boil down to "haha your team's crap"."

"Trolling teams based on prior trades, drafting or list management will not be tolerated. Any posts along the lines of “you can’t talk, your team traded pick X for player Y”, or “at least we didn’t give player Y a new contract” or “can’t believe you drafted player X over player Y” will be deleted and repeat offenders could find themselves with a card or board ban."

Infractions will be received by those who continue to insist on posting off-topic attacks on a poster's club.

Fiiiiine. Killjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fiiiiine. Killjoy.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder - report posts rather than replying in kind. The latter is likely to get the replier infracted as well.

Gold Coast is one of the most unprofessional clubs anyone could deal with maybe that's the reason no one wants to play for them Sydney needed to trade, Mitchell worked out his value and excepted a fair deal. it looks like Hawthorn have bent over backwards trying to get this deal done Gold Coast are just too unprofessional and it also looks like Richmond have also bent over backwards to get a deal done for Prestia again Gold Coast unprofessional if they wanted players they should have taken draft picks and tried to work out deals themselves even with Hawthorn or Richmond players but they expect all the hard work to be done by others. I personally hope the deal with a O'meara falls down and he goes to Essendon for free. It is very dangerous to be risking so much for a player with dodgy knees.
I really wish Hawthorn would deal with a more professional club if they want to rebuild their midfield like GWS. Or just go to the draft try and get a O'meara or the best player available at 10 we would get a very good player at 10 in this good deep draft.

Gold Coast is one of the most unprofessional clubs anyone could deal with maybe that's the reason no one wants to play for them Sydney needed to trade, Mitchell worked out his value and excepted a fair deal. it looks like Hawthorn have bent over backwards trying to get this deal done Gold Coast are just too unprofessional and it also looks like Richmond have also bent over backwards to get a deal done for Prestia again Gold Coast unprofessional if they wanted players they should have taken draft picks and tried to work out deals themselves even with Hawthorn or Richmond players but they expect all the hard work to be done by others. I personally hope the deal with a O'meara falls down and he goes to Essendon for free. It is very dangerous to be risking so much for a player with dodgy knees.
I really wish Hawthorn would deal with a more professional club if they want to rebuild their midfield like GWS. Or just go to the draft try and get a O'meara or the best player available at 10 we would get a very good player at 10 in this good deep draft.
I can understand what you are saying but the Hawks have committed to a player who has responded publicly and committed back- they won't leave him dangling if they can help it.

after the way they have treated him I can also see others walking out swallow is almost certain to leave. Richmond always get a hard Mark at trade time but they have done everything they can to get Prestia I just can't believe how unprofessional Gold Coast are that's why GWS has gone so far above them.

after the way they have treated him I can also see others walking out swallow is almost certain to leave. Richmond always get a hard Mark at trade time but they have done everything they can to get Prestia I just can't believe how unprofessional Gold Coast are that's why GWS has gone so far above them.
How'd we treat him wrong? We flew him round the world to get the best medical treatment, offered him more than Hawthorn did and changed our medical department on his recommendation. Just because we want a deal that benefits us for one of the best young players in the game doesn't make us unprofessional. If people want to oh but he's injured they can **** off, Hawthorn are happy to offer a multi million dollar deal to him they obviously believe his knee is fine.

Hanley trade just made the Hawks job tougher. Dodoro must be picking those luber lips of his.

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back