Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon trade pick 1 to GCS for two of their top ten picks. If JOM goes to the draft, we take him before hawthorn can with pick 10, if he goes to PSD we take him :)

How does that help GC ?

Jom not going to Hawks =/= GC win. Its a disaster for them.

What!??!?

Hawthorn have dug themselves a massive hole. You need JOM to get out of the hole.

If not you get

Mitchell, Vickery, Pick 10, 48, 66, 70 & 88

for

Mitchell, Lewis, Hill, Pick 14, 36, 54, 72 and a 2017 first.

Seriously flipping mental.

Yeah but not at a cost of accepting unders for jaeger.
They are winning in one part and losing in another.
aren't you the guy who keeps suggest they should pay for him to end up at another club?

bit rich...

What!??!?

Hawthorn have dug themselves a massive hole. You need JOM to get out of the hole.

If not you get

for

In one thread you've got Hawks fans saying how O'Meara isn't worth much because of the uncertainty around his knee, then on other pages, they're talking about him being better than Sam Mitchell and they'll be competing for the flag again off the back of his performances.

Then they can't understand why GC won't just do as Hawthorn wish and give him up for Pick 10. (any pick outside the first round is useless to GC).

Pick 10 is worth a lot more to Hawthorn than it is to Gold Coast, so is O'Meara, it's the Hawks with the most to lose.

What!??!?

If not you get

for

LOL.

You sound more invested in this deal & my club than I am.

Just relax....He'll be a Hawk.:thumbsu:

We'll just pick him up in the draft.

I'd agree there's a decent chance of that happening if they draft order stays as it is till deadline tomorrow.

If other deals completely unrelated to jaeger go through between now and then, you're screwed and you won't get jaeger via the draft.

Examples of such deals are:
*Bombers trading pick 1 for 2 of GCs top 10s.

*North trading 11 and a player for GC pick 8.

Massive chance deals like this get done, regardless of what's happening with jaeger.

Still 100% confident you'll definitely get jaeger if north or bombers have 8?
Jaeger himself wouldn't be.

And Graham Wright will be at Centrelink.

What!??!?

Hawthorn have dug themselves a massive hole. They need JOM to get out of the hole.

If not they get

for

Thanks for the stocktake Champ, should we have held onto our old guys and Hill regardless of their requests?

jack scrimshaw tall midfielder half back or todd marshall tall faward at pick 10 would be awesome.forget about this trade it wont happen and if it doesn't we will miss a bullet because there are is some real stars in the top end of the draft I'm hoping for one of the two I mentioned

In one thread you've got Hawks fans saying how O'Meara isn't worth much because of the uncertainty around his knee, then on other pages, they're talking about him being better than Sam Mitchell and they'll be competing for the flag again off the back of his performances.

Then they can't understand why GC won't just do as Hawthorn wish and give him up for Pick 10. (any pick outside the first round is useless to GC).

Pick 10 is worth a lot more to Hawthorn than it is to Gold Coast, so is O'Meara, it's the Hawks with the most to lose.

It's almost as if the Hawthorn BF posters are a group of different people with different opinions, some of which are ridiculous and completely uneducated...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Hawks don't get this done, does Graham Wright get the flick? If so, he may be feeling the pinch, self interest could see him working the phones all night to find some currency or a 3rd party.

Not sure how it will pan out, but by Christ it's been a fascinating ride. Tony Cochrane will either be declared a genius or a madman at the end of this.
Imagine if O'Meara nominates for the National Draft and GCS goes bang with pick 8. (Not saying that's the likeliest outcome.)
If Hawks don't wind up with O'Meara, it might cause disquiet amongst the supporter base, no?

Don't change the subject. This is about hawthorn stupidity and hawks supporter maturity levels......or lack thereof
You brought up the sense of entitlement line, Wright has deliberately traded for pick 10 to provide GC an ultimatum. Pick 10 and 48 or they get nothing when we select him at 10. TC has let his ego get in the way of getting a deal done. Perhaps his efforts would've been better placed convincing one of Hartung/Sicily/Whitecross that the GC was a worthy destination.

The Hawks should just walk from equalization and end the northern expansion clubs once and for all...

Yeah, clubs should just hand over their players because the Hawks want them. That's the only fair and reasonable suggestion for all clubs.

If you end the expansion clubs, the $$$ from the TV deals is drastically reduced, so too would be the salary cap. All that for a dummy spit? Grow up!

Sydney couldn't even afford to pay Mitchell, how could they afford Jaeger?
Ummm did you read the tweet? He would be traded for Tippett one of the Bondi Millionaires who along with Buddy is taking up 75% of our salary cap ...

Swans would actually be saving money dude, its called astute trading and is even better than pick 88 for a 35yr old assistant coach ;)

I'm now hearing a straight swap Xavier Richards to GC and JOM to Sydney. It's just voices in my head but I'm hearing them all the same.

Those voices are saner than half the people here. Excuse me while I go lick my palms.

If the Hawks don't get this done, does Graham Wright get the flick? If so, he may be feeling the pinch, self interest could see him working the phones all night to find some currency or a 3rd party.

I dare say he will be judged on the merits of his trades over the last few years based on the rating by Clarko and the club, rather than the denizens of BF.

He got us pick 10 which is our best pick in 10 years. We dont get the super advantages of those lucky teams who are rubbish every year and get to stock up on good picks.

I doubt his job hinges on one deal where he has been as successful as he has been in years gone by in building and maintaining our list.

I'm sure a bunch of flog St Kilda supporters on here will be very quick to tell you otherwise though

Not sure how it will pan out, but by Christ it's been a fascinating ride. Tony Cochrane will either be declared a genius or a madman at the end of this.
Imagine if O'Meara nominates for the National Draft and GCS goes bang with pick 8. (Not saying that's the likeliest outcome.)
If Hawks don't wind up with O'Meara, it might cause disquiet amongst the supporter base, no?
Given the decisions they have made this past week, do you think they will bothered by some supporter disquiet? Stronger administration than that I would have thought.
There are also plenty of supporters who actually understand the direction the club is taking...we're not all one-eyed morons

Why would we flick the best list manager in the land?

He's been equally important to Clarkson in our 3peat. Runs on the board.

i want them to trade 8 to a club that will use it on o'meara

Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back