Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

We've barely leaked anything since 2013 but righto.

“There’s people at Melbourne whispering to other people that they believe that Lever may have had a verbal commitment to join Melbourne,” Robinson said.

“That’s just speculation, but about eight people have told me.

“When one person tells you, you go ‘that’s interesting’, then you get two, then three, then four… Melbourne are confident.”

“There’s people at Melbourne whispering to other people that they believe that Lever may have had a verbal commitment to join Melbourne,” Robinson said.

“When one person tells you, you go ‘that’s interesting’, then you get two, then three, then four… Melbourne are confident.”
Tbf, this is Robbo though.

"Eight people from MFC" probably means eight blokes down the pub whose father's cousin's neighbour's sister knows a bloke who works security there.

So you're taking Robbos word for gospel? As I've said, we've barely leaked anything under the current regime.

So you're taking Robbos word for gospel? As I've said, we've barely leaked anything under the current regime.
Considering it's so well-known someone is leaking, don't you think?

I don't really consider the news of us being after Lever as 'leaking like a sieve', no. Most of our trades in the last few years have all been out of the blue.
And this one isn't.....because?

There is one person leaking, then two, but when the word is strong by many.....well where there is smoke you know the saying

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the 3 more top defenders doesn't include Lever who is a liability defensively.
I'm not a fan of picking up Lever but calling him a defensive liability is as stupid as salty Demons fans calling Howe a spud. If he's played in the right role he's a great addition to any team, he's just not very good in a genuine KPD role.

Apparently Jake Lever has made a verbal commitment to join Melbourne if you believe Robbo. https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/09/02/lever-has-verbal-commitment-to-dees-robbo/

The Herald Sun chief football writer says that a host of people close to the Demons are showing considerable confidence that they are on the cusp of getting Lever into the red and blue.

Too bad those same people didn't advise the fat campaigner about the Pies drug situation ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He'll never be an inside mid at AFL level. Had a very low contested possession rate as a junior and whilst you can improve this aspect he'll never considered an inside mid.

In the VFL he has been very clean playing inside getting around 27 disp.
Will obviously need to put on some mass and strength to take the next step but that's where they have been using him with positive results so far.

He doesnt have the pace to play outside roles he gets exposed.

We're still talking about AA squad Lever, right? The one Champion Data think is the best young tall defender in the game?

Yes we are talking about the players who plays as a peeling defender on the weaker fwds to get across to intercept. Has great timing in the role.

Not so sure about when made to actually play as a tall defender and be accountable has been shown up in the last few rounds in that role.

Not arguing in the role he plays that he isn't a good player im arguing he is suspect when asked to actually play tight as a KPD.
Logically, any club who bids for him should then have or feel they are close to a full complement of defenders who can be accountable and work together fending off forwards while lever flies in.

This does not describe Melbourne... who have a see ball fly at ball defensive mentality.

Logically, any club who bids for him should then have or feel they are close to a full complement of defenders who can be accountable and work together fending off forwards while lever flies in.

This does not describe Melbourne... who have a see ball fly at ball defensive mentality.

Ditto pies and hence why we are against giving up pick 6 plus Scharenberg for him.
We need a genuine KPD and KPF, getting Lever hamstrings our ability to do it unless they are confident he can become said KPD.
To date he hasn't proven he is capable in the role we require, we would be better hitting the draft and keeping the ever improving Scharenberg.

Just for the laughs - what price do Demon/Crow fans expect the Club to pay if he nominates them?

I'd say Pick 10 and something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jake Lever [traded to Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back